Sign in to follow this  
F1609

Gas And Spring

Umm, wind and rain can affect any airsoft guns' accuracy, rain can damage AEGs, if its cold outside gas guns valves can freeze up. I have only seen springer gun break in the cold once, but it was -2 degrees outside, and the spring/barrel just shattered. It was a $15 POS gun though.

Spring guns can preform in almost any condition. Some of the weaker quality spring guns might crack in colder weather due to the expanding and retracting. Gas guns will malfunction in tempatures under 32*F. I belive this is due to the fact that the gas wont expand or something, but I'm not sure. Of course, rain and wind are going to affect accuracy, thats a given.

When the gas is put into the magazine it is pressurized, and it becomes a cold liquid. When it leaves, the pressure is lifted and it expands, pushing the BB out of the barrel, but it sucks heat away from the rest of the gun to expand. If there is no heat in the gun to begin with, there's no heat to suck out, and the gas can't expand fully, thus the BB velocity goes down.

Springers can function in any weather as long as the metal parts don't freeze/rust, right?