carbonfibreguy

Another Child almost lost to a Police Officer!

So 13-14 year old are too dumb to be held responsible for their actions but they aren't discouraged from having sex?

I wonder if this kid was from a "minority" and his parents were always wining about how evil the cops are.....?

(I put that is parentheses because the whole winy wars over how the amount of melanin is related to a person's rights is retarded.)

Ultimately gun safety needs to be a REQUIRED school class. Often gun accidents are the result of ignorance.. ("I wonder what happens if I look though this hole and push that thing...")

As a conservative and a gun nut those "No weapons allowed" signs don't really make me feel any safer... Wow. a criminal is going to look at that sign and realize that his gun/ knife/ weed isn't allowed and just stop! Amazing! How about we just turn the middle east into a gun free zone? I'm sure once the Israelis turn in their guns the bad guys will drop their AKs!

Maybe teachers should be required to carry guns, and/ or students who have an excellent record and a good psychological evaluation be allowed to carry guns?

Ummm, the kid didn't die, they were simply voicing the opinion that the world would have been no worse off without him. And I agree. It would have been a tragedy if he did die, and I would not take joy in that. The Supreme Court Ruling you posted does not quite fit here because someone shooting someone else in self defense is not Capital Punishment. Capital Punishment is defined as "the killing of a person by judicial process as a punishment for an offense." There was no judicial process, no judge sitting behind the officer telling him to shoot the kid, and the kid did not die. It was not capital punishment. ( prove me wrong with hard evidence and I will not argue) The fact is, the kid did not obey the officer's orders, which is contempt of cop (law enforcement jargon, it is not technically a crime). Essentially, that kid resisted police force and it is lawful for him to use force to restrain him. The LEO officer acted as if the kid would shoot to kill.

Imagine a world where there were no stupid people. But, how could this Utopia come to be? Well, you humans will never have this. The reason why is because the stupid ones live, and then multiply. The stupidity never goes away because stupid people almost never learn. That kid will probably go out and do some other unintelligent act with bigger consequences. Now, I'm not saying that we should pack all of the mentally deficient people into a rocket and send them into the Sun. That is wrong. But, how can somebody justify acts by these kids? Even if they learn, will the future generations do the same?

Maybe, there is a stupid gene that is circulating around our gene pools. Remember how the Dodo died? It had no fear with its main predators, the Humans. They literally walked to their death. I hereby name the stupid gene the Dodo gene, because some people just walk into bad situations again and again. Maybe, Generation Fail + Dodo Gene = Extinction of Stupid People.

Source 1 Source 2 Source 3

Hmm, wasn't there some group in history that shared your views almost to the letter? Oh right, the NAZIS!

Oh and about Roper v. Simons, read over that amicus brief summary that I linked again. I specifically said that the evidence in support of the majority opinion was relevant to my argument here. I never said that the specific ruling was applicable. Oh and I apologize about me thinking the kid had died, I misread the article. That said, my point still stands...

Oh and "Greenace", the melanin in a person's skin in itself obviously doesn't mean anything. However, the legacy of public policies that affected those of certain skin colors is very much present today. Look at the segregation of our cities (legacy of housing market rules of the past and "white flight"). Look at the racism present in our judicial system. Seriously, read up on history and social science instead of basing all of your facts on a very likely biased home-schooling.

Did anyone think of the possibility that these " young boys" may have had an illegal use for these guns? I mean, look at the facts of the news story-a group of young males, in Los Angeles, defying orders from a armed police officer, brandishing what looks like a 9mm pistol. I think it would be alot easier for a aspiring criminal to get ahold of a cheap airsoft gun than the real thing, even with all the "gun show loopholes that let teh criminalz get teh scary black assaultriflemachinegun with baby-head seeking bullets!!"

As a conservative and a gun nut those "No weapons allowed" signs don't really make me feel any safer... Wow. a criminal is going to look at that sign and realize that his gun/ knife/ weed isn't allowed and just stop! Amazing! How about we just turn the middle east into a gun free zone? I'm sure once the Israelis turn in their guns the bad guys will drop their AKs!

Maybe teachers should be required to carry guns, and/ or students who have an excellent record and a good psychological evaluation be allowed to carry guns?

On teachers carrying, hell yes, the only problem is some libtard will whine about how a teacher will snap one day and kill his students, (not like he couldnt go get a gun and come back) it would probably make the wannabe columbine kiddies think twice before shooting a school up.The only reason people go on shootings in Gun-free zones?) is because they know bullets will only be flying in one direction. One lawfully armed citizen can throw a wrench into their plans.

With students, "may-issue"( local Sheriff personally ok's you for Concealed Carry) carry for those under 21 could work, only problem is that a minor can't own a handgun, with some loopholes.But we can run around with rifles and shotguns to our hearts content. :a-laugh: Thats the Brady-Campaign's "commonsense gun control" for ya!

Opsic, a human being is a human being. If it lacks understanding then someone needs to teach it.

Hey, Opsic, you say 13 and 14 year olds are not children... sorry, but are you kidding me? 13 and 14 year olds do not have developed enough brains to be fully responsible for their actions (which is WHY they are VERY rarely tried as adults in a court of law). Their decision making abilities are NOT on par with that of adults. Please, I have no problem with the "get off my lawn" attitude, but at least TRY to look slightly informed and not come off as an ignorant douche.

Edit: I'm not saying that the officer did anything wrong, I would have pulled the trigger as well. I'm saying that this whole "he should have died" mentality is just ridiculous when you really have no clue about that which you are discussing.

Oh gee, I must be as stupid as a slug according to your logic.

I'm homeschooled, and I feel that that changes behavior alot. I know I don't run around having sex and doing crack, hmmm?

Edited by New Guy

I just have a couple words to say. What was that kid thinking? God I have done some stupid stuff before but I have never EVER resisted an officer. When the basic policeman that circles my neighborhood twice a week saw me with my airsoft gun ( which was clear and was plinking pellets at my tree cause I had fixed it ) and he got out of his car and said put it down and I did I told him it's and airsoft gun and he looked at it and asked where my parents were I told him at work and he said he doesn't want to see my shooting it out front again. He did not notice the orange tip because that broke and he did not notice it was clear cause I had put black tape on the end of it and I am 13 so if I have the common sense to not resist an officer then why cant the other stupid kids do that? Like the OP said drop your 550 AEG or whatever it is your holding and don't risk your life I'd rather break that gun then be shot and in the ICU for 30 days.

Edited by sora4502

Hmm, wasn't there some group in history that shared your views almost to the letter? Oh right, the NAZIS!

Oh and "Greenace", the melanin in a person's skin in itself obviously doesn't mean anything. However, the legacy of public policies that affected those of certain skin colors is very much present today. Look at the segregation of our cities (legacy of housing market rules of the past and "white flight"). Look at the racism present in our judicial system. Seriously, read up on history and social science instead of basing all of your facts on a very likely biased home-schooling.

You do realize that most of the problems facing minorities today are a product of their decision to vote for a party that does nothing but throw them further in the hole they are in? They are "dependent" on a welfare system that does nothing but encourage further failure. The few who actually want to work cant find decent jobs because over-regulation of industries and the power-hungry unions make it almost impossible for modern business to operate without outsourcing to foreign countries. Look at the UAW, some of the most overcompensated employees in the country,(cant top congress though :a-grin: ) and what do they do? Assembly line work, simple, manual labor that can be taught in a few days time. And what Greenace was referring to was the "the po-po is out to get ya son" mentality that is taught to many "urban youth" these days.

On eugenics, there is a huge difference between the government sanctioned exectution of millions of "unfit" people, and letting idiots get what's coming to them. Don't we teach "survivial of the fittest" and Evolution in public school?Why don't we practice it within reason?

Edited by theboondock demon

So 13-14 year old are too dumb to be held responsible for their actions but they aren't discouraged from having sex?

And when a pregnant women is killed, it counts as a double homicide, but when she decides to get an abortion its all ok.

This is America...... NOTHING here makes sense

Oh gee, I must be as stupid as a slug according to your logic.

I'm homeschooled, and I feel that that changes behavior alot. I know I don't run around having sex and doing crack, hmmm?

Children these days are rarely disciplined the way they need to be. Parents try to treat their kids like they are friends, not parents. It's something that can't be changed, kids these days are just dumb. They think they can do just about anything, and shrug the consequences off like they don't even matter.

Seriously though I do not blame the kids for the whole thing, it's mostly the parents fault.

Guest OpSic66
Opsic, a human being is a human being. If it lacks understanding then someone needs to teach it.

Thankfully humans can be self taught. We don't have to inherit logic and reasoning.

And lets have a bit more tact on the posting here folks. Lets try NOT to turn this thread into a flame war.

Frankly guys,

The person I feel the most sorry for in all of this is the cop who had to pull the trigger... you know he was crawled all over by Internal Affairs after this, and I am sure feels very horrid about shooting a kid... with a toy... even if he didn't know it at the time, he's second guessing himself all over the place trying to figure out how he could have figured that it was a toy...

It would have been even worse had he killed the kid. The cop would then have to live with that knowledge.... that sucks.

Thankfully humans can be self taught. We don't have to inherit logic and reasoning.

And lets have a bit more tact on the posting here folks. Lets try NOT to turn this thread into a flame war.

agreed, this is starting to turn to flame war and it's getting political

Oh and about Roper v. Simons, read over that amicus brief summary that I linked again. I specifically said that the evidence in support of the majority opinion was relevant to my argument here. I never said that the specific ruling was applicable. Oh and I apologize about me thinking the kid had died, I misread the article. That said, my point still stands...

Let me rephrase what I meant: All of the previously named factors combined might bring about the end of stupidity. Those people can go right on living, like I said in my last post. I do believe that I poorly worded that and apologize. Like I also said, prove me wrong and I will not argue. I choose not to feed this fire any more.

Lets try NOT to turn this thread into a flame war.

I think it might be too late for that.

ANYONE SAYING 13-14 YEAR OLDS CAN'T REASON... ARE WRONG.

Children that age in other parts of the world are running farms and starting families.

100 years ago, you could be that age a responsible for your whole family/farm if your father left for town (which could be days away by horse).

If anything, physiologically, we've grown since then.

The problem is lack of education, and a huge lack of parental guidance. Parents need to stop blaming the world around them, and realize that it's THEIR responsibility to raise their kids correctly, and ensure their proper education.

My child is 3, and already knows:

1) Guns are not toys,

2) Always listen to a police man

The problem is that the kid in the article was raised in a bad neighborhood (I know from the location), which means I can surmise from his surroundings (a known gang neighborhood), and his actions that he wasn't properly taught by his parents how to conduct himself.

Ok, so, I'm almost 15 and I have to say that when I was 13 that I do backyard airsofting which was not good....imo a 13-14 year old should have enough common sense to know that when a LEO is pointing a gun at you telling you to drop your airsoft gun you do it...agian it all depends on the maturity of the person..obvioulsy anyone who plays COD all day and thinks that its ok to shoot somebody with a gun is going to get hurt carrying around an airsoft replica and pointing it at people....My Dad was always a bit overcautious when I took the orange tip of my gun so that it would look real but when we talked to a retired police officer at our local airsoft shop he said as long as your weren't stupid with the gun and didn't point it at innocent people then you most likely would be fine...I kinda have to agree with Opsic though when he said he didn't really care if an idiot got shot for doing an idiotic thing...I mean it doesn't affect me..it just teaches me to be more careful with my replica and to have a greater respect for LEOs....like everyones said the best thing to do is to follow ALL of the police officers instructions and to act courteously and respectfully towards him.....just my 2 cents worth.

Edited by AKAKman

On a somewhat related note, I got shot by some turd kid with a .177 pellet gun at a CQB field because he bought it from Big5 with his dad's help. To put what its like to be shot by an airgun, I had a bruise on my right shoulder the size of a baseball for about a week. Mind you that bruise was the result of getting shot through my EI LVAC with fake soft foam armor, and a BDU top.

I sometimes think airsoft does need regulation these days. Ignorant kids is one thing, parents that are ignorant enough and buy their kids these guns are worse.

Ouch... :a-confused: How did he pass chrono with that?

Well to conclude everything said in here:

- Some kids have less reasoning skills than others.

- Many kids born recently tend to have less reasoning skills for reasons unknown. (thus "Generation Fail")

- The cop did the right thing, but the kid should have done the right thing and surrender the weapon just like his friends before him.

- High schoolers are the worst decision makers of all time.

- Backyard airsofting is dangerous.

Well to conclude everything said in here:

- Some Most kids have less or no reasoning skills than others.

- Many kids born recently tend to have less reasoning skills for reasons unknown. (thus "Generation Fail")

- The cop did the right thing, but the kid should have done the right thing and surrender the weapon just like followed the exaple of his less ignorant friends and surrender(ed) the weapon just like his friends before him.

- Most High schoolers are the worst decision makers of all time.

- Backyard airsofting or airsofting in an alley is dangerous.

Fixed

^^^^^

+1

I disagree.

Why? It's true.

It's at that stage of your life where your body is growing and you start to feel like an adult. Therefore you think you are able to make whatever decisions you want, then act upon it.

People make bad decisions everyday, but for a 14-18(highschool age), it's the time of your life where you are supposed to make those mistakes and learn from them(most don't).

And the legacy of public policys from the 60's forward affect us today, let me just say before continuing that the only African-Americans I know are good hard working people.

The entitlement that the politicians use to obtain the votes (and sooth the consciences) of their constituents affects minorities in a negative manner.

Any ways, I just realized that this is irrelevant since there is a 99% chance that this kid was Caucasian; the article would have been screaming it if he was a minority.

this makes me wonder, why are there never any dumb girls that almost (or do) get shot? :a-laugh:

I wish I was born in the roaring 20's, instead of being mangled in this "Generation Fail."

+1 to all home schoolers though. My friends do one lab a month, whereas I probably go through 25.

WOOOHO. I beat the Generation Fail. 1989. :a-grin:

But I agree with OpSic. People are stupid these days and need to be weeded out. I mean look at how much stuff is stupid proofed these days

Dude I'm older than you? Holy crap.

I can only feel like I'm sounding off the same old bugle call, but for crying out loud, don't be an idiot. If the cops question you, you're better off dropping the pellet gun and complying with orders.

I seriously have to put parents into the question though. My mom never let me have guns but she wasn't on this earth long enough to see me educate myself in the hazards and safeties of them. My father thinks I'm crazy when I start talking about airsofting, but I think he's rather glad that I'm learning about safe handling and such.

The thing that scares me the most in my life is that my stepmom refuses to allow any sort of gun safety education to be taught to my little brother. Granted, he is five years old, but the kid is a TV zombie and gets away with watching guys shoot the crap out of the world around them with assault rifles. Three of us have fired off real steel weapons at a target at the family's place, understandably my little bro was nowhere around, but I can't even let him around my airsoft stuff, and I nearly got my rear grated when I started racking up a couple Nerf guns to start teaching him my own way.

I don't like people doing stupid things with guns. I also don't like people being so rock-solid against them. They're tools for cripes sake. I could just as easily kill someone with a hammer or blowtorch. :/

Like previous people said. Again. I believe that proper safety education is the key, but so many of the school systems are far too spineless to push any of it through. It's a reality. Kids should be aware of it, and how to deal with it, not be made blind to it.

I know I don't run around having sex and doing crack, hmmm?
Yeah, I don't do that either and I went through small-town public school. I just spend way too much money on my hobbies. Edited by LoneSniperSG

The only one who should get pity is the LEO. LAPD has to deal a lot of :pain:, more then most people can imagine. The safety of you and your partner is number 1. That kid was a complete s**thead, and got what s**theads get.

This is why it is so important to stress how bad police are for the community...

:censored2: off. The only reason you sleep soundly at night is because some LEO is putting his life before yours.

Guest OpSic66
The only one who should get pity is the LEO. LAPD has to deal a lot of :pain:, more then most people can imagine. The safety of you and your partner is number 1. That kid was a complete s**thead, and got what s**theads get.

:censored2: off. The only reason you sleep soundly at night is because some LEO is putting his life before yours.

NEXT time, try to keep your attitude in check, and try not to bypass the word censor. Otherwise you will be looking at a 3 day suspension.

Don't trip, I'm pretty sure that he's either trollin' or just forgot to say he was using sarcasm.

Eh, most likely. But it still didnt deserve that sort of reaction, especially so longer after that post was made.

Edited by OpSic66

I'm tired of this whole new "everyone needs to be nice or were gonna sue you and get you fired from your job" this really isn't THAT new, but seriously...I'm tired of this. My parents, if I did anything this stupid, even though I pay for all my airsoft, they would take my guns and melt them down for batons to beat me with (probably not...but you never know :a-shocked:O.O just kidding my parents are not abusive I love them :a-grin: ) But seriously, all these idiot children need to get disciplined, not crap like "no xbox for a week" they need to get spanked as children, that's how I was punished, and I was cooking for myself and making responsible decisions at 10. Now if I was a cop id take their airsoft guns and never give the things back. You need to learn good places to play airsoft (for me, 90 acres of privately owned woods with the owners permission and knowledge of where we are and what we are doing) I'm glad my parents actually know how to punish children because I have grown up to make good decisions, and not one of those stupid spoiled brats.

I think I'm safe to backyard airsoft, even if it is frowned upon by this forum.

I live in a rural area, and have never seen a patrol car come by ONCE. All of my neighbors know that these guns are toys, so to speak. We also live by a heavily forested area, in which we play sometimes (BTW it's in my backyard, and has no hunters).

I think backyard airsoft is really only dangerous for those playing by the street, in view of the road, or in general in the sub-urban area.

This just sounds disastrous. Allowing teachers with a CCW to carry in schools is almost defensible, but students? Come on now, you cannot be serious, unless you are talking about college campuses, in which case I agree! (for CCW's of course)

Some 13 year olds are not old enough to make rational decisions. Maybe he is a little behind the curve. The age of consent is 18 for a reason. The cop should not be lauded, for he broke an important gun safety rule. Do not point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy. He did not know for sure what he was shooting at, and there were two kids in the street he could have questioned before shooting, I mean how likely is it that a gang thug would play with some 12 year olds? Was he all together wrong and deserving of punishment? No, not criminal at least, however, an indefinite suspension and investigation will probably result.

Some 13 year olds are not old enough to make rational decisions. Maybe he is a little behind the curve. The age of consent is 18 for a reason. 1 The cop should not be lauded, for he broke an important gun safety rule. Do not point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy. 2 He did not know for sure what he was shooting at, and 3 there were two kids in the street he could have questioned before shooting, 4 I mean how likely is it that a gang thug would play with some 12 year olds? Was he all together wrong and deserving of punishment? No, not criminal at least, however, an 5indefinite suspension and investigation will probably result.

1. The LEO broke NO gun safety rule. His intent WAS to shoot the kid, because he feared for his life and/or the life of others.

2. He knew that someone with a gun in his hand is actively fleeing, then took up cover, refused his lawful orders, and then revealed he was still armed. He knew enough to reasonably fear he was in danger of being shot.

3. When a person is fleeing from you with a weapon in hand your first priority is NOT to start questioning others on whats going on. The first priority is safety, including the public who may be at risk with an armed individual running through the streets. Expecting police to start questioning these accomplices (and trusting their word that their buddy doesnt have a real gun) when a person is actively fleeing with a weapon in hand is utter nonsense. Then when said person takes up a fighting position and continues to refuse lawful orders and then reveals he is still wielding a weapon, the LEO was left with NO choice but to engage since he reasonably believed the subject was intent on harming someone.

4. Apparently you know little about urban gangs, children are recruited into these gangs at ages younger than 12 or 13, and I promise you, the juvenile gang members are more dangerous than the ones who made it to their twenties.

5. Suspension for what? The LEO is legally authorized to use deadly force when he reasonably fears for his life or the life of others. Someone fleeing, then taking up a concealed position, refusing to follow lawful orders, then revealing he is armed would put any reasonable person in fear of their life. Why should this Officer be suspended for doing his job? Yes an investigation is in the works as there ALWAYS is in EVERY police involved shooting. Just because an investigation is started does NOT mean there is reasonable suspicion that a crime on the LEO's part has been committed

It is WAAY to easy for you to monday morning quarterback this Officer, Strat, and it shows you know little of what its like in situations like these

1. The LEO broke NO gun safety rule. His intent WAS to shoot the kid, because he feared for his life and/or the life of others.

2. He knew that someone with a gun in his hand is actively fleeing, then took up cover, refused his lawful orders, and then revealed he was still armed. He knew enough to reasonably fear he was in danger of being shot.

3. When a person is fleeing from you with a weapon in hand your first priority is NOT to start questioning others on whats going on. The first priority is safety, including the public who may be at risk with an armed individual running through the streets. Expecting police to start questioning these accomplices (and trusting their word that their buddy doesnt have a real gun) when a person is actively fleeing with a weapon in hand is utter nonsense. Then when said person takes up a fighting position and continues to refuse lawful orders and then reveals he is still wielding a weapon, the LEO was left with NO choice but to engage since he reasonably believed the subject was intent on harming someone.

4. Apparently you know little about urban gangs, children are recruited into these gangs at ages younger than 12 or 13, and I promise you, the juvenile gang members are more dangerous than the ones who made it to their twenties.

5. Suspension for what? The LEO is legally authorized to use deadly force when he reasonably fears for his life or the life of others. Someone fleeing, then taking up a concealed position, refusing to follow lawful orders, then revealing he is armed would put any reasonable person in fear of their life. Why should this Officer be suspended for doing his job? Yes an investigation is in the works as there ALWAYS is in EVERY police involved shooting. Just because an investigation is started does NOT mean there is reasonable suspicion that a crime on the LEO's part has been committed

It is WAAY to easy for you to monday morning quarterback this Officer, Strat, and it shows you know little of what its like in situations like these

Exactly my thoughts just with a bigger detailed description then what I would have thought of.

Put yourself in this situation, your a cop you've been sent out to investigate what is going on, you get there you see a kid with a gun then you tell him drop your weapon then he refuses and goes and hides behind something and you KNOW he is still armed.

You are going to go into some kind of mode that tells you this kid has a gun he is hiding behind something and has the possibility of harming someone your first reaction would probably be take him down before he takes you or some innocent civilian down.

Edited by sora4502

Guest OpSic66
and there were two kids in the street he could have questioned before shooting,

You obviously have no idea how a police officer is supposed to respond to an "active shooter" or a "person with a weapon" call.

Edited by OpSic66

His intent WAS to shoot the kid, because he feared for his life and/or the life of others.

Yes, but good intentions and reality are two separate things. In this case they were not properly aligned.

You obviously have no idea how a police officer is supposed to respond to an "active shooter" or a "person with a weapon" call.

This is true I am ignorant with regards to most LEO protocol, but that doesn't mean LEO protocol is necessarily correct, and my dissenting opinion is wrong. I just happen to think that shooting someone who is behind cover not aiming the gun at you is a little rash. I mean cops have shot people because they thought a cell phone was a gun, or an apple was a grenade, all I'm saying is be careful.

For me, my gun is the ABSOLUTE last option, he could have tased him for instance. Maybe with our current laws the situation warrants violent force to be used and in his state of mind he couldn't think of another option, but I think it is wise to slow down and evaluate everything before you end someone's life.

Also, I could be 100% wrong.

Guest OpSic66

And you are. When an LEO responds to a weapons or active shooter call. The FIRST task at hand is to locate the suspect, attempt to secure the suspect and area. If this means turning the situation into a fire fight since someone is not following directions. Then that is just part of the job.

You see, in a case like this, it's NOT about the LEO saving the person with the guns life. It is about the LEO saving ANYONE that could be harmed by the suspect, including the LEO himself. Now when some stupid :censored2: kid has an object in his hand (that may or may not clearly be seen), and DOES NOT follow directions. Of course the only option is force escalation.

Remember, the motto is usually "To Serve and Protect". This doesn't mean just 1 person. It means everyone.

Edited by OpSic66

Yes, but good intentions and reality are two separate things. In this case they were not properly aligned.

The "reality" of this situation is the LEO saw a gun, and treated it as such. He doesn't have the luxury to assume it might be fake

I just happen to think that shooting someone who is behind cover not aiming the gun at you is a little rash.

Law Enforcement does not have to wait until a weapon is pointed at them, that puts the LEO and everyone else's life in even greater danger. In this case the LEO saw a gun in the offender's hand and all that was needed from the offender was a furtive movement that made the LEO think "Oh :censored2:, he's gonna shoot."

For me, my gun is the ABSOLUTE last option, he could have tased him for instance.

Never meet deadly force with less than lethal equipment. Expecting law enforcement to use tasers, batons, OC spray, verbal judo, or any other nonsense against a person armed with a deadly weapon once again puts the lives of the LEO and others in greater danger. The offender had a gun which made the officer's gun his ONLY option.

but I think it is wise to slow down and evaluate everything before you end someone's life.

It is not up to the officer to determine at which "speed" things happen at, the offender does. What more are you wanting this LEO to evaluate? Armed offender actively flees, takes up cover, refuses to obey lawful orders, and reveals to the LEO he is still armed. The LEO then felt his life or another's was in imminent danger of being hurt/killed by this offender and the LEO had no choice but to react.

For reasons I stated above, you are.

And here's another observation, the cop couldn't shoot THROUGH the object the 'kid' was hunkered behind...

So the 'kid' was... sticking his head out (or something)?

And usually in cqb when you actually see someone they are getting ready to shoot, so the reflexive action is to pull the trigger?

Just a thought.