No you wont. You need a bore up when you exceed 590mm. I am running a 550mm barrel on a Type 0 cylinder and have had no problems and have achieved my target fps of 400fps (or very close to it, it punches through the bottom of a pop can) with a m120 spring.

My question is, where did you find a Prommy 550mm barrel in stock? I've been looking all over for those.

Edited by airborne101

No you wont. You need a bore up when you exceed 590mm. I am running a 550mm barrel on a Type 0 cylinder and have had no problems and have achieved my target fps of 400fps (or very close to it, it punches through the bottom of a pop can) with a m120 spring.

My question is, where did you find a Prommy 550mm barrel in stock? I've been looking all over for those.

Airsoft Atlanta has them in stock. http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Prometheus_M...rel_p/58003.htm

Good news, im trying to achive the same (400fps), im glad I don't have to spend the 70 bucks on a bore up kit, and I heard you can run into problems bore up. I got the prommy from airsoftatlanta, they are still in stock (6.03)....... thanks.

Just curious airborne101, using an m-120 spring, what other parts/mods did you use to achive 400 fps?

thanks

Hehe...

-Guarder Type 0 Cylinder

-Guarder Cylinder Head

-Guarder Air Nozzle

-Systema Duracon Piston Head with Bearing w/ #14 O-ring

-G&P Polycarb Piston

-Classic Army m120

-Prometheus NEO Strike Chamber

-Systema bucking

-SCS

-New wiring w/ Extreme Fire SW-AB-LONG MOSFET wired to deans

-G&P M120 Motor

Those are the internals in my rifle, excluding a tight bore barrel.

Too be honest, I don't know what the quality of JG is these days, but I am guessing you don't need to put those parts in there. From my understanding, JG's can handle a 400fps spring for quite a while. I think the only think you really need to do is reshim it and regrease it.

Also, please don't double post. Use the edit button on the bottom right corner of your previous post to add new information.