Sign in to follow this  
sniperx2s

lost mag catch: need replacement or make one

I lost the mag catch on my r700, and I need a replacement obviously. I don't kno where they are, and if I cant find one, I would need to make one myself. I was thinking sort of a "pump" that goes on the underside of the gun, that slides over the magazine well to keep it in place. so, I need ideas, and someone please help me find a spare mag catch cuz I cant find it anywhere....

I like your thinking on the pump

Try making a sleeve out of a pvc pipe or and old sock. Is it inconvinient just to hold onto the mag section of the forgrip all the time? I always keep a hand on the fore grip and never us a sling.

Honestly old socks make really good for airsoft repair until you can form something more permanent.

With a pvc pipe you should go with the gray and put a block in the bottom so it holds the mag in the well. Cut the pipe so it doesn't interfere with the hop. You could cut a giant slice down the fore grip to accomadate the pipe/pump or have the it slide along the groove between the barrel and stock.

You're on a good track just keep working at it and you can have really cool looking fix to this problem.

I like your thinking on the pump

Try making a sleeve out of a pvc pipe or and old sock. Is it inconvinient just to hold onto the mag section of the forgrip all the time? I always keep a hand on the fore grip and never us a sling.

Honestly old socks make really good for airsoft repair until you can form something more permanent.

With a pvc pipe you should go with the gray and put a block in the bottom so it holds the mag in the well. Cut the pipe so it doesn't interfere with the hop. You could cut a giant slice down the fore grip to accomadate the pipe/pump or have the it slide along the groove between the barrel and stock.

You're on a good track just keep working at it and you can have really cool looking fix to this problem.

it would be cool... pull the pump back, the magazine fall out, put a new one in, slide it back in place. but I think im over complicating it a bit. I think im gonna attach a screw to the side and just screw it tighter to hold the magazine in place, and loosen it so it can fall out. just need to find a screw of the right size