2v2

Fallout New Vegas

Anyone been playing it? I've been going pretty much non-stop since it came out, bought the Dead Money expansion and played through that. Right now I'm 45 hours in on my 2nd playthrough. Discuss.

Edited by 2v2

I love Fallout New Vegas - it feels like the real spiritual successor to the first two Fallout games. Didn't really like the Dead Money expansion, though. In fact, after I rage quit because I couldn't find a stupid radio towards the end, I haven't played since.

Jeez dead money was unplayable. I finished it fortunately and got some good stuff, like 6 gold bars! :D. Right now I'm about 1/3 through on a hardcore mode wild wasteland Caesar's Legion playthrough. My main saved file is at level 35 w/ wildwasteland, so I'm saving it for more expansions. One thing that mildly irks me about new Vegas is the lack of mini-nukes, there's only 11 according to the wiki with wild wasteland, 14 without. I could probably go on all day about this game but I'll stop now.

Ya'll are a bunch of communist heathen bastards if you don't like New Vegas - game was pretty awesome on all accounts. You guys just suck.

How ironic...A man who risked his life to defend our rights is bashing us for expressing our opinions that differ from his.

Edit: corrected typo

Edited by CCX

Look who's talkin' yah cornbread hatin', country music bashing, prius drivin', Yeropein' slerg dergy!

One, I love cornbread (I'm just dieting right now so I'm not eating empty carbs), two - OK yes, you got me. I do hate country music. But I DO NOT drive a Prius - those things are death mobiles. I drive a Ford Escape Hybrid.

How ironic...A man who risked his life to defend our rights is bashing us for expressing our opinions that differ from his.

Edit: corrected typo

You must not have watched Glenn Beck tonight. He clearly stated that if you don't like New Vegas you also hate our Founding Fathers. then he cried a bit.

I love cornbread too; Nice even meal that fills you up, but isn't too bland, and isn't expensive. Very good.

Edit: Ima needin' me some cernbread righ' 'bout now.

Edited by Automobilie

You must not have watched Glenn Beck tonight. He clearly stated that if you don't like New Vegas you also hate our Founding Fathers. then he cried a bit.

Glenn Beck is the stupidest man alive. And I'm a right-wing conservative.

me_giving_a_fuck3.jpg

Well then, being such a right wing conservative, you must know that Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner said that not liking New Vegas is like wiping your :censored2: with the original copy of the Constitution of the United States of America.

Really though, whats not to like about New Vegas? It brings forward the story of Fallout 2 - and most of the ideas and characters came straight from the original Fallout 3 that Interplay was making. It truly is what Fallout 3 should have been, have you of you guys played the first two Fallouts? I have a feeling if Fallout 3 was your first taste of the game you might not like New Vegas as much.

Ya'll are a bunch of communist heathen bastards if you don't like New Vegas - game was pretty awesome on all accounts. You guys just suck.

Lol. Has anyone done the Enclave Remnants side quest? It isn't much, but I'm excited to see how that plays out at the dam with them helping the Legion.

I've played 1 and 2. I get the feeling Vegas is F3's gameplay mechanics with the F2 setting, which wouldn't be too bad because I miss my Red Ryder LE....

Edit: Apparently, Bethesda is working on Elder Scrolls 5. I just really hope it's more like Morrowind and 'unique' rather than just reskinning Oblivion and adding a few tricks.

Edited by Automobilie

Well in case anyone is interested, I went to the dam as Caesar's Legion w/ Enclave Remant help. There were only four of them and they basically sucked. They slightly impacted the ending, but they couldn't keep up with me or even the regular legion soldiers. I listened to the NCR emergency radio for the duration of the battle, and they mentioned someone bombing the strip (enclave?). An interesting thing was that the great khans still showed up to help even though I had no contact with them throughout the game. Hardcore mode made the fight against general Oliver exceptionally difficult, as limbs were quite easily crippled.

I just beat it for the second time yesterday, first time I sided with the NCR and the second time I sided with Yes Man. I'm also about halfway through a file working for Mr. House, I just hit 40 hours yesterday. Since I got New Vegas right after I was finished with Fallout 3, it took me a while to adjust and get into NV because they are very different games, but once I got into it I absolutely love it. Easily one of my top five favorite games. While Fallout 3 is a truly post-apocalyptic game, New Vegas is more of an RPG set 204 years after the nuclear holocaust, in an area that was mostly spared. And I think NV does a better job at being an RPG, while Fallout 3 is better as a post-apocalyptic game.

The only major complaint I have with it is the loading times. I mean seriously, a minute to 1:30 at every loading screen is really not acceptable. Especially in areas like Freeside, McCarran and The Strip where you have to go through multiple loading screens to get somewhere is incredibly frustrating, like when I'm low on health but I don't want to use all my Stimpaks so I go to my bed, this is very annoying because I have to fast travel to The Strip North Gate, enter the gate, walk through the first section of the Strip, load the second section, enter The Tops and take the elevator upstairs, each at about a minute+ load, it gets quite irritating where in Fallout 3 all I had to do was fast travel to Megaton and enter my house. Overall it's still a damn good game though.

I got it recently and have been playing for a while. I've had it on hard with hardcore mode and wild wasteland on from the start. I like the idea of having to eat and sleep and such, as well as having ammo weight, it's a bit easy though. I might bump the difficulty up to max. What are y'alls main weapons? Right now I'm using a modded hunting rifle for outdoors, a lever action shotgun for indoors, and a tire iron for melee. I have good weapons like the Q-35 Matter Modulator or whatever, but I'm going for more of an RPG feel, so I'm using more rustic weapons.

Once you get This Machine you will never be able to use anything else. Evar. But before I got This Machine I usually used the Marksman Carbine or the 9mm SMG which I had equipped with a light bolt, or the Sniper Rifle I modded with a suppressor for sniping beehotches and not getting noticed. Occasionally I used the Shishkebab, just because it's friggin badass.

I've gotten a hunting shotgun now (+choke & long tube), which I used to clear out Vault 34. That was bloody hard too! I had to leave several times to heal, de-rad, restock, and drop loot. I looted some snipers rifles, and will probably do the same as far as a suppressor goes. I have Cass as a follower with an assault carbine. What do you guys use as apparel? I'm using Vault 34 security armor, a 1st recon beret, and sunglasses. I'm trying to stay with light armor.

Lol haven't been here in a while. I'm going to get Honest Hearts this weekend. Anyone played it yet?

<AT>spud I haven't used anything other than light armor either. I used heavy in fallout 3, but I've just gotten used to the mobility and speed of the light armor. I'm using reinforced leather armor iirc.

One of my friends got Honest Hearts last weekend, he said it's really awesome. And as far as clothing goes, I usually rock Benny's Suit, sunglasses and a Dapper Gambler Hat or the Boomers flight suit and helmet. Or if I need to go into heavy fighting I use the reenforced combat armor I got from winning like 7500 caps at Gomorrah.

And I beat the third quest line last weekend, now I only have the Legion quest path left.

I only did blackjack to get the achievement, and because it makes you a boatload of caps. I made like 35k I think, somewhere there about. I don't gamble in real life but I do enjoy card games like poker and Blackjack. I got my luck to 7 then wore the Naughty Nightwear to get it to 8 so I could win just about every hand.

And does anyone have any tips for leveling up? I'm at 28 right now, I've done most if not all of the quests that give high XP and I've killed all the deathclaws and stuff in the game, what else can I do to get XP?

That's weird. Well I finished Honest Hearts yesterday, it was awesome. Waaaay better than dead money. About as good as Point Lookout IMO. I enjoyed the new guns (1911 and Thompson) and the fact that you can return after the main quest is finished. It was a bit short though. Looked on the F:NV wiki and the next two expansions are slated to be released June and July. I'm excited :D

Yeah, so am I. I just need to find a job to pay for them...Old World Blues looks interesting to say the least but I'm looking forward to Lonesome Road. I think they should do one like Broken Steel that allowed you to continue the story after the final quest.

Yeah, I picked up easily several grand worth of stuff, like two full condition Marksman Carbines and a full condition Hunting Shotgun, those are not cheap to buy. But that's too bad.

I still need to get the Fallout 3 DLC too...Since the GotY Edition is down to $30 now I'm going to try and sell my standard edition for like $15 and buy the GotY with it's $50 worth of DLC for effectively $15.

Well I decided to buy Fallout 3 goty for pc so I can enjoy some incredible mods. Totally worth getting over the console versions if your computer can run it. I have barely done any quests, just been running around with a squad of enclave troops (enclave commander) and killing endless zombies (zombie apocalypse) :a-grin:

I really wish I could afford a gaming computer, but unfortunately I'm limited to my 360 for the time being. I've got a couple older games my computer can run though, modding them is a lot of fun