Sign in to follow this  
Fridge Gnome

What can I expect out of a BASR?

I had my first game with my ghillie suit and sniper rifle yesterday, and my ghillie suit worked excellently, but I found I was unable to do much more than stare at all the easy targets.

I have been working on a Bar-10 for a while now, but I'm still not that happy with its performance. I can reach out to about 240 feet before the bb drops, and maybe a 6 foot spread accuracy wise.

My setup is:

JG Bar-10

TM Precision Chamber

Edgi 6.01 bull barrel

Laylax Neo Red piston

Laylax 1st sear

PDI 2nd and 3rd sear

Laylax Spring Guide

Spring for ~500fps

Mods are:

SCS on hopup arm

Nubless TM bucking

Duct Tape barrel spacers

Modeling Clay around the trigger mech, and front end of stock

Adjustable Stock

(Normally I would have teflon and floss the bucking, but the bucking wouldn't fit with the floss so I figured it was not needed)

I have been using P-force .30s How much will better bbs help my accuracy?

Is there any way to move my hop up arm forward or backwords, when I installed the SCS I guess it was not aligned perfectly and doesn't quite form a concave shape.(but it is level)

What kind of accuracy should I be getting with this setup?

I had my first game with my ghillie suit and sniper rifle yesterday, and my ghillie suit worked excellently, but I found I was unable to do much more than stare at all the easy targets.

I have been working on a Bar-10 for a while now, but I'm still not that happy with its performance. I can reach out to about 240 feet before the bb drops, and maybe a 6 foot spread accuracy wise.

My setup is:

JG Bar-10

TM Precision Chamber

Edgi 6.01 bull barrel

Laylax Neo Red piston

Laylax 1st sear

PDI 2nd and 3rd sear

Laylax Spring Guide

Spring for ~500fps

Mods are:

SCS on hopup arm

Nubless TM bucking

Duct Tape barrel spacers

Modeling Clay around the trigger mech, and front end of stock

Adjustable Stock

(Normally I would have teflon and floss the bucking, but the bucking wouldn't fit with the floss so I figured it was not needed)

I have been using P-force .30s How much will better bbs help my accuracy?

Is there any way to move my hop up arm forward or backwords, when I installed the SCS I guess it was not aligned perfectly and doesn't quite form a concave shape.(but it is level)

What kind of accuracy should I be getting with this setup?

I would say you are getting about normal for a fully upped bar 10. But for Gods sake man get you some good bbs. I have a fully upped bar 10 and when I first got it I was using tsd.28s and madbull .30g and they were not good. I recently purchased a bag of Bioshot .30g much better!!! Also highly consider a heavier BB of quality as well. None of those freaking madbull heavyweights! The heavier BB will cause a much straighter flight path and increased accuracy at range. Just try different brands of high quality BB's until you find some you like but never ever never ever go back to P forces again trust me :a-laugh: . Here is bioshots website if you were wondering http://www.bioshotbb.com/ $17 for 4000 .30g quality BBs not bad plus free shipping.

What were you unhappy with? Your ability to hit a target on demand 80 yards out? Or is the gun inconsistent even at 100 feet?

And known good BB's. I like G&G, but I know there are other great brands. The difference between a "good" BB and a quality BB is actually significant. Using .28g G&G's I can put 5 shots inside a quarter at 30', but none of the other cheaper BB's I have laying around, including .25g Cybergun "Special Selection", are capable of that kind of accuracy at even 15 feet.

I'm not saying P-Force are bad, I'm saying try another kind, like the Bioshots or G&G, and see if that helps.

Ummm nope... you can get hight weights out of bbs if you look around ;)

And you don't need to max the fps on your rifle to make it better. Focus mainly on the accuracy of the rifle. You can have a rifle that will fire 600 fps, but can't hit a broad side of a barn. But a 400 fps rifle that can hit anything inside 220' is going to be better for you and your team.

Ummm nope... you can get hight weights out of bbs if you look around ;)

And you don't need to max the fps on your rifle to make it better. Focus mainly on the accuracy of the rifle. You can have a rifle that will fire 600 fps, but can't hit a broad side of a barn. But a 400 fps rifle that can hit anything inside 220' is going to be better for you and your team.

I mean Bioshot bbs only sell up to .30s

I know FPS isn't everything, but that doesn't mean it doesn't help either, I want to make the best sniper rifle I can.

take woogie's advice bro. upping the power/fps of your rifle will just make your shot hit your target faster and make them realize more that they were shot since it will be more painful but thats it. like everyone here would say, make your gun dang accurate first then up its power.

upgrading a sniper rifle is usually done by stages. theres no reason to rush your upgrade plans just to meet the field limit. although I know its easier said than done but the point is, like woogie said, even if you have a 600fps rifle but its not that accurate, it beats the purpose of upping its power. accuracy increases our effective range. power/fps doesnt.

I would suggest you perfect the air seal of your rifle and fix/minimize the vibration first then get/use some high quality BBs to up your accuracy. only after that should you up the power of your rifle.

I disagree about the FPS point that everyone is making. Sure, if you are talking about the same weight bbs then raising FPS would actually hinder accuracy, but using a higher FPS in order to use higher weight bbs would help with effective range. The thing about traditional hop up systems is that once you start using a very heavy bb, they are less effected by the hop up nub. I would personally stick with 500FPS using a .30g bb, or a little heavier even.

I disagree about the FPS point that everyone is making. Sure, if you are talking about the same weight bbs then raising FPS would actually hinder accuracy, but using a higher FPS in order to use higher weight bbs would help with effective range. The thing about traditional hop up systems is that once you start using a very heavy bb, they are less effected by the hop up nub. I would personally stick with 500FPS using a .30g bb, or a little heavier even.

if you read our comments carefully you would understand our point. we are not saying that the fps should not be upped or should not reach the field limit. we are merely saying that BEFORE the OP upgrades the power, he should concentrate on upgrading the accuracy and durability of his rifle first.

like I said, after those 2 are taken care off, the OP can go ahead and upgrade his rifle's power all he wants. we just don't see the point in upgrading the rifles power first.

the only way for us airsoft snipers to have an edge in the battlefield is to increase our maximum effective range (MER) and not the maximum range our rifle can reach. increasing a rifles power and using high quality heavy BBs will not automatically equal to increasing its effective range/accuracy.

Edited by S n a k e™

Im using Goldenball .30s (and Madbull .36s sometimes) on my current setup. for a stage 1 upgrade, I would suggest you get a TB + high quality BBs first and do the free mods. the sears usually only need replacement/upgrade when you upgrade the power of your rifle

Im using Goldenball .30s (and Madbull .36s sometimes) on my current setup. for a stage 1 upgrade, I would suggest you get a TB + high quality BBs first and do the free mods. the sears usually only need replacement/upgrade when you upgrade the power of your rifle

Agreed. Accuracy>Durability>Power follow this upgrading path. Like S n a k e said make your rifle accuracte first then worry about power.

What? I have already replaced the sears, and I have a Edgi 6.01. My list at the top was stuff I already had, not a to-buy list.

How do Goldenballs compare with BBbastards or Biovals?