Sign in to follow this  
Aznspartan

VFC SCAR SSR

I have a problem... I just bought a VFC SCAR SSR from my local airsoft dealer for $500. It was all fine and dandy, till I got home and noticed in the catalogue pictures and internet photos that the SSR from VFC has a much longer side rail system and writing on the side of the gun (SCAR H SSR etc). I was wondering if I have a real VFC SSR and they just changed it recently or I have some :censored2: China version that they swapped. I talked to the dealer I bought it from, they are not sure and only get guns from they supplier, sooo it's not the dealers fault.

Here are the pictures of the original from another forum member/AirsoftGI and my gun I bought an hour ago.

Original VFC SSR

img3206f.jpg

screenshot20110126at752.png

My gun from this morning

photo1gf.jpg

photo2mtf.jpg

photo3fz.jpg

That's an ssr, looks like you got jipped on the rails though. They are interchangealbe, so you could probably get replacements.

Are u sure its an authentic VFC though? I mean there isnt any logos are anything.

And alos, how can the rails be interchangeable if there are no holes in the back?

First, I've yet to hear of an ACM Scar-H clone, and as far as I am aware, only VFC makes the SSR.

Second, pop the mag out and see if it looks like:http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/vfc-500rd-magazine-for-scar-h-series-aeg-black.html VFC uses a proprietary magazine, which won't fit in a standard SR25.

Third, pop the receiver and take a picture of the hopup. VFC's design is unique, and I don't believe you can even get copies.

Last, you can probably just have it mounted by using the first front mount, plus the second screw behind. You can probably tap in another screw as well.

VFC makes two different models of a number of their AEGs, one to be sold through HK sites, and one directly for the US market. I think I remember that pic you have of the tan one--he got it from HK and I remember a discussion about how to take off the masking (marker ink) over the trades (pencil eraser, if memory serves). VFCs for direct sale in the US tend not to have trades at all, to avoid the predictable problems.

What I'm more perplexed about is the side rails. I can only presume that this is another difference that goes along with the lack of trades, but it's odd. See if you can find the SSR for sale on a US website, and see how it looks.