Was wondering if anyone as any broken guns that they would like to donate the springs out of? I have a couple spring pistols and rifles I would like to play around with over the rest of winter. Cutting and swapping springs and a few other tricks up my sleeve. Anyone have anything they could part with?

You are probably best off asking in the buy-sell area. Or, get the spring out of one gun, then see if you can buy springs similar to it.

You are probably best off asking in the buy-sell area. Or, get the spring out of one gun, then see if you can buy springs similar to it.

Yes I looked up some basic spring manufacturers on the net. Without knowing where to start, such has starting spring rate, it would be a waist of money to buy random springs. Found some springs that are close to size but there spring rates where in the 30LB/in, this is were im lost. Im moding super cheap spring pistols that arnt worth sinking money into. Like a HFC m9 and a china made 1911. I was hopeing the kiddies in here could help me out with all there broken spring pistols. And just donate their springs to the cause!

Yes I looked up some basic spring manufacturers on the net. Without knowing where to start, such has starting spring rate, it would be a waist of money to buy random springs. Found some springs that are close to size but there spring rates where in the 30LB/in, this is were im lost. Im moding super cheap spring pistols that arnt worth sinking money into. Like a HFC m9 and a china made 1911. I was hopeing the kiddies in here could help me out with all there broken spring pistols. And just donate their springs to the cause!

Most hardware stores have quite a collection of springs for a wide range of applications. I just measured the stock spring and looked at what they had for something close.

Spring rates are determined by the gauge of wire and the number of coils in a given distance. So if you find a spring with the same diameter and number of coils per inch but thicker wire, it's a stronger spring.

I've tried a few different hardware store springs in spring pistols, and you can add an incredible amount of power to a springer shot - the issue is keeping the gun from tearing itself apart.