Sign in to follow this  
Kemp

Rifle Stocks Compatible With The VSR-10

Alright fellow snipers, I am working towards the money for my rifle at the moment. But I have another dilemma. I want to have a different rifle than everyone else with a VSR. I want it to look different. I like the Fortress M40A3 stocks, but $369.99 is a big price tag for something that is known for being awefully unreliable, and breaking easily. I also like the thumb hole with the L96, but I have yet to find one that isn't custom made, or doesn't require heavy modification to fit the VSR internals. Now heavy modification is kind of out of thd question for me, but I do want a new stock on my rifle. I saw this Tactical SOPMOD ( http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...catid=&cat= ) stock at Wgcshop (RHF rifles :P) but I'm not sure if it will fit the VSR. I know it says its for the M4, but us snipers are stubborn like that. Any ideas on where to go for a nice stock? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kemp

I have heard of a few real steel stocks for Remingtons working, but that will still run at least $100, most likely more, and then you will have to mod it to work with the vsr.

Any idea on how hard the mods would be and how long they would take? I might be able to do some mods, but not much that would require a ton of heavy fabricating or heavy mods.

Any idea on how hard the mods would be and how long they would take? I might be able to do some mods, but not much that would require a ton of heavy fabricating or heavy mods.

Are you trying to make something like this?

007zn.jpg

couldnt really figure out what you were going for.

But I can tell u this project will take apx 50 hours of BUILD time. If you know what your doing.

and 50 hours of THINKING/PLANNING time. You will run into MULTIPLE problems so you'll have to figure out ways around them, not to mention the planning on materials, building strategy ect.

Its not complicated. just time consuming. Remember 50 hours is an apx. Your only gonna wanna work on it 2-3 hours a day. and sometimes you'll wanna break or just wont have time. its a 2 month project.

I personally took a break from it cuz its cold in my garage and I don't feel like suiting up to go work on it. but regardless ill get it done.

Are you trying to make something like this?

007zn.jpg

couldnt really figure out what you were going for.

But I can tell u this project will take apx 50 hours of BUILD time. If you know what your doing.

and 50 hours of THINKING/PLANNING time. You will run into MULTIPLE problems so you'll have to figure out ways around them, not to mention the planning on materials, building strategy ect.

Its not complicated. just time consuming. Remember 50 hours is an apx. Your only gonna wanna work on it 2-3 hours a day. and sometimes you'll wanna break or just wont have time. its a 2 month project.

I personally took a break from it cuz its cold in my garage and I don't feel like suiting up to go work on it. but regardless ill get it done.

Yes, something like that. I figured the mods would be quite difficult, but 50 hours with all the correct tools. I don't have a dremel, or tools like that, so it would probably be much harder for me.

Hmmm... These are the tools you'll essentially need:

Siccors

Drill with different sized drill bits

super glue or jb weld

something to cut the front square pipe with (I used a dremel)

but you could use like wood for it, just as durable and all u need is a hand saw to cut it.

Edited by Karatekid18