to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
jjoker20

Big-Out H nub?

So I've been doing some research, and from what I've read it seams that these type nubs are the way to go... only problem is I can't seem to find them anywhere online. Could someone please assist me. Will probably be installing a systema bucking as well, but those are available everywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Woah. I haven't heard of someone mentioning the Big Out H nub on this forum in a quite a while. They used to be THE best nub you could buy. However Shredder has come out with something that trumps the Big Out H nub.

The SCS (Shredder's Concave Spacer) is the way to go now days. It provides more points of contact on the bb which gives the bb greater spin stability. The Systema bucking is one of the most recommended buckings to pair the SCS with. You will have a much easier time finding this nub over the Big Out H nub and you would see better performance.

Some people will still recommend H-nubs though, so if you're set on finding an H-nub, Element H-nubs can be found for very cheap at eHobbyAsia, KHmountain, and several overseas retailers. They are probably the exact same thing as the Big Out ones.

There is a difference of opinion on which nub works the best or if there is any difference between a stock tubular nub, an "H" nub or a conical nub.

There is a lack of empirical evidence to support any claims of performance gains using one of those nubs.

Personally, I think they make less of a difference then often claimed.

Related thread:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/SCS-t184278.html

Good luck

Edited by namloot

Some people will still recommend H-nubs though, so if you're set on finding an H-nub, Element H-nubs can be found for very cheap at eHobbyAsia, KHmountain, and several overseas retailers. They are probably the exact same thing as the Big Out ones.

+1 to that. and for khm. I like using the element h-nubs and systema buckings. I get good results. but I only like the white ones, the black ones I think are pointless

Yeah echo 1 and madbull make h nubs too. They're pretty much all the same. I would personally go SCS though. That's what I run in all my setups.

e1's h-nubs are rebranded elements. and madbull fishbone spacers?? those are complete poop and made too wide to fit into most nub spaces without getting stuck

There is a difference of opinion on which nub works the best or if there is any difference between a stock tubular nub, an "H" nub or a conical nub.

There is a lack of empirical evidence to support any claims of performance gains using one of those nubs.

Personally, I think they make less of a difference then often claimed.

well I like the white element h-nub because I feel that they help increase consistency on a straight flight path of the bb's. when I put a white h-nub in I see less bb's that curve to the side. I think they help especially in clones and acm parts.

I have one in my rs svd with a systema bucking even. works pretty good for me

Edited by Dusti69

I don't have hard evidence, but I have owned the Madbull fishbone/X nubs, the E1/Element H nubs, stock tubular nubs, and SCS'. Me personally, I don't really see a point in doing grouping tests, especially outdoors. There are far too many variables that affect our little 6mm bbs. A flier could happen with a slight gust of wind, or a bb was a bit of a defect, the shooter shakes a bit, etc. Grouping tests can be helpful, but I don't consider them super trustworthy when making purchase choices. My "tests" just consist of me shooting around a highcap worth of bbs with different set ups. While shooting, I observe the flight pattern of the bbs.

The H nub is quite an improvement over the stock nub. The Madbull X nub doesn't seem to make very much of a difference, but it is slightly better than a stock nub. (with The SCS, once centered properly, makes the greatest difference by far in my experience.

Namloot has mentioned in the past that once a bucking breaks in, an H nub doesn't make a difference anymore. (or something along those lines)

My Systema bucking my G36K is definitely broken in (I use an SCS nub in it) and I have tried installing the standard nub to see if there is a difference in performance. The standard nub was much less consistent and had several more fliers.

With bioshot .25s and my G36K (set up in my sig), the bbs fly very tight and straight until around 170. (farthest measured distance I've tested) Around 170 feet they start to spread a bit.

I highly recommend the SCS+Systema bucking combo. Works great for me. The SCS nub can require a bit of tweaking on the hop up arm of your hop up chamber to get it to sit level. Sometimes H nubs need to be adjusted as well, but you can get away with no tweaking. The SCS causes the bucking to make a lot more contact with the BB, so it needs to be level.

Keep in mind, there is no "godly" hop up setup. Not all guns respond to upgrades in the same way. The Systema+SCS combo generally works well for many AEGs, so it's a pretty "safe" choice. It may not be the best possible combo in your AEG, but it typically will make quite a bit of a difference. If you are looking for the best possible bucking combo, you'll have to buy several nubs and buckings to see which one works best in your particular AEG.

Edited by Stealthmaster14

Namloot has mentioned in the past that once a bucking breaks in, an H nub doesn't make a difference anymore. (or something along those lines)

My Systema bucking my G36K is definitely broken in (I use an SCS nub in it) and I have tried installing the standard nub to see if there is a difference in performance. The standard nub was much less consistent and had several more fliers.

If your bucking was broken in with a conical nub, you can't just put the stock, tubular nub back in. The bucking will have taken on the general shape of the conical nub.

For the test to be valid, you have to break in a bucking with a stock, tubular nub, then break in another, identical bucking with a conical nub, then compare the results out of the same gun, with the same BBs, under the same field conditions.

Edited by namloot

I've tried switching out the nubs before the bucking was broken in. (brand new, just installed) SCS works better.

Just by looking at the shape a new bucking takes when using a stock nub and comparing it to the shape the bucking takes with an SCS, you can tell the SCS will work better. Stock tubular nubs, in my experience, indent the bucking kind of like the lower half of a V. The middle portion of the bucking is the most indented and the sides aren't as present.

IDK if that makes sense, but basically the SCS indents the bucking horizontally, so it is even. According to Shredder, once the bb enters the bucking, the bucking conforms to the shape of the SCS. That's why it works better. (in my experience)

Edited by Stealthmaster14

Ever since I saw noobie's topic on his Tdc rig for the vsr-10, I have used the standard tube nub. The most favorable hop applied to a bb is directly on top so it does not veer off to the side. With the normal nub, the hop must be applied to the top of the bb. The first contact point of bb to bucking will be on the top of the bb creating straight back hop. With the scs, if the bb is not pefectly centered then hop will be applied to the side of the bb maybe at 11 o clock instead of the desired 12 o clock hop.

This is a lot of asumming, but there isn't any hard data on which type of nub performs best

I say.... even if there are people who say like maybe the tube nub works better and this and that is why and have all these hard facts and experience to back up why the tube nub is better or why this h-nub works better than another or even why it doesnt even really make a difference......

if you put whatever h-nub or tube nub in your guns particular set up and your results are great and its working for you depsite what others say and what their facts and experience should say for products then keep it in your gun if its working better

I remember back bout 4 years ago starting airsoft seeing a lot of stock buckings that had the two teeth like VV parts inside the bucking. now pretty much im only seeing the mound shape anymore. im sure there are still VV types out there being sold. I wonder which bucking is better with an h-nub or what the differences are between the buckings with h-nubs. im most used to the rounded mound seeing as how thats what cymas buckings are now and systemas use the mound. im pretty sure ive even seen ones that were the mound shape but split in the middle like the VV types. ....or maybe they were just VV types that had smaller mounds

Edited by Dusti69

All of this talk about the SCS, but does anyone know where to find an authentic one right now? I tried looking around and it seems the guy halted production and all that's out there are knockoffs. Are they just as good, at least? If so, which knockoff should I go with?

I am using the Elemnet H nub(black one) on my M4 wif 330FPS

The flight of the bb is very consistent and straight.

those black ones are useless. I cant imagine what theyd possibly do when they have only like ...a knick in them. the mound in the bucking isnt going to push up into that tiny little slot and make any difference

the only way I could see the black h-nub making any difference at all is if there were no mound whatsoever in the bucking and your hop up arm was longer to push the nub through the barrel window farther. ......which then with a hard plastic bucking sitting partially inside the barrel rather than having a mounded layer of soft rubber between it and the barrel so that theres more rubber in the barrel than nub ......I could see that causing jamming, bucking tearing, large fps loss, and whatever else

......but like I said. if its workin for ya then use it. I just think the white h-nub would work better. but at the same time I have mostly ak's and a couple m4 types that ive upgraded a lot. seeing the two differences in hop ups, the ak having a deeper going arm and the m4's having less adjustment. I usually put the white nubs in the ak's and the black nubs in the m4's. with the m4 hop up having less adjustment on it I figure that even if the black nub isnt giving any h effect then its hardness will compensate for the lack of adjustment where a soft standard nub might just squish between the arm and bucking

and really with the m4 adjustments having a lack of it.... I see differences between hop up parts like the arm and gears. some one piece hop ups have arms and gears that go deeper while others barely move at all. when I bought an x high tech red cnc unit I had to get the gears and arm off of spare units. ive always noticed how the hop arms on the plastic two piece units go a lot deeper with adjustments so I used the gears and hop arm from a jg 2 piece and it worked great

g&p and element gears and arms have good adjustments while d-boys and a&k's have less adjustment

Edited by Dusti69

All of this talk about the SCS, but does anyone know where to find an authentic one right now? I tried looking around and it seems the guy halted production and all that's out there are knockoffs. Are they just as good, at least? If so, which knockoff should I go with?

If anyone has them it'll be Ben at No Limit Airsoft. He's a member here. Haven't seen him posting as frequently just recently.