to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Unknown777

Best Gun under 200?

Hi guys. This is my first time posting here, so excuse any noobishness. I'm looking to buy an airsoft gun, preferably spring or electric, under $200 INCLUDING A BATTERY AND CHARGER. What would you guys recommend? Currently I am considering the Echo 1 MK5A4/MK5A5 and Echo 1 STAG 15 A1 (Carbine variant) and A4 (DMR variant). It would be nice if the gun was metal, but this is not a major issue for me. As long as the gun is made of durable plastic, that will be just fine. I plan to use this gun mainly for outdoor use.

(Not to be a COD nerd, but I AK74u is really cool as well.)

Edited by Unknown777

Best deal are used guns, fyi guys this isn't a which gun question as he specified a few he was looking at ^_^ if you are interested in M4's, I have a G&P M4 package that fits exactly what you are looking for for just in your price range that would cost over $300 new, and it's been used twice. PM if you are interested.

Edited by hmg9194

For your M4/M16 variants, check out the G&G Plastica and Combat Machine series. They make arguably the best guns of that model for around $200. They would be of higher quality than the Echo1 STAG 15 guns.

The G&G internals are pretty good, and the bodies are made of a high quality polymer that rivals the durability of metal bodies.

Wait nevermind didn't read the whole thing. Mods, excuse my newbishness.

OP, I wouldn't really look at a gun that includes an included charger and battery. They tend to suck.

Just wondering, then why does ASGI, a reputable airsoft store, promote Echo 1 in their Newbie airsoft setup videos? They include a charger and battery.)

Edited by Unknown777

Just wondering, then why does ASGI, a reputable airsoft store, promote Echo 1 in their Newbie airsoft setup videos? They include a charger and battery.)

They promote it because Echo 1 is one of their sponsors. They probably have some contract that makes them promote it. Also, ASGI is a business and they are there to make money. Echo 1 guns are cheap and for this reason, attract a lot of people to buy them, particularly newbies.

Echo 1 tend to be good, people will say G&G is better but with minimal parts, if any, just a reshim any echo 1 (JG or CYMA basically, depending on what model you are looking at) will be about the best budget gun you can buy.

Where I play, the most common guns are JG m4s and MP5s. And those are like the highest quality guns. I've seen 10 year olds come with orange spring mp5s, and de/utg single shot shotguns. I just don't see the point in buying a top quality gun when the guns I already have an advantage against 1/4 of the players with a JG m4.

On a different note:

Is this gun any good?

Echo 1 AK74UN: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2925

Edited by Unknown777

Echo 1 AEGs are usually rebranded from good quality Chinese clone companies like JG and CYMA. That AEG will be able to perform well against JGs. If you can afford it & would feel more comfortable in your purchase with the extra QC and the warranty, I would recommend it.

Edited by mrquackbunny

Echo 1 tend to be good, people will say G&G is better but with minimal parts, if any, just a reshim any echo 1 (JG or CYMA basically, depending on what model you are looking at) will be about the best budget gun you can buy.

Re-shim, yes, but to get it up to par with a G&G, you'll need a new piston, barrel and bucking. That's just reliability and accuracy wise. To get the ROF to that of most G&G M4s (20RPS), you're gonna have to do some extra stuff. I'd just pay a little extra and buy a G&G so you don't have to upgrade right away. Also G&G has nicer exteriors.

Combat machine m4 with a good battery and charger. It will take care of any jg or echo 1 rof-wise and accuracy. You also won't want to upgrade I'm guessing and the g&g also came perfectly shimmed for me and many others. G&g hands down.