to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Unknown777

First AEG purchase.

Ok guys, I've narrowed it down to the following guns. Try to stick to these and not recommend others, because Echo 1's QC check is really important to me.

Also, is there a big difference between 8.4 and 9.6v batteries? I assume not, as most m4s can only use 8.4s.

Echo 1 MK5 A4/A5: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1972

Why I like it: It's the cheapest Echo 1 gun.

Echo 1 Stag-15 M4: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=1975

Why I like it: It's pretty much the most standard airsoft gun type.

Echo I Stag-15 M16: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1973

Why I like it: Long barrel, would give me huge advantage over M4 users.

Echo 1 RedStar Ak74u: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=2925

Why I like/do not like it: Full metal construction, but it's a short gun designed for CQB, I mainly play outdoors.

Echo 1 M14 SOCOM: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3574

Why I like it: Perfect barrel length, right in between a DMR and a Carbine. This would give me a range advantage over most players, as most players use M4s.

Red Star Full Metal AK74 VGM: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=3141

Why I like it/don't: Full metal, but the AK design is kind of obscure...

Edited by Unknown777

Also, is there a big difference between 8.4 and 9.6v batteries? I assume not, as most m4s can only use 8.4s.

Who told you this? You can put a 9.6v in most M4s, you just have to have the correct cell configuration. The 8.4v that comes with the AEG is more of a "testing" battery, you miss out on a lot of your AEG's potential using 8.4v batteries.

I believe the M14 would be the best choice, it looks to be a CYMA rebrand and CYMA M14s are very good.

Who told you this? You can put a 9.6v in most M4s, you just have to have the correct cell configuration. The 8.4v that comes with the AEG is more of a "testing" battery, you miss out on a lot of your AEG's potential using 8.4v batteries.

I believe the M14 would be the best choice, it looks to be a CYMA rebrand and CYMA M14s are very good.

Ok, now should I buy any upgrades or accesories for it when I buy it? Maybe a 9.6v.

Either one of the last two, or this one below, as they're all going to be Cymas.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=5331

I have seen the Red Star's wood in person, and it is quite fantastic.

Also, OP, in airsoft barrel length does not have that much of an effect on accuracy. It does, but there are many other factors that affect accuracy more.

Ok, now should I buy any upgrades or accesories for it when I buy it? Maybe a 9.6v.

Since this is your first AEG you should invest in a smart charger. It cuts charging time drastically and will turn into a trickle charge after its done charging, so you don't have the risk of your battery dying or heating up to dangerous levels.

I have seen the Red Star's wood in person, and it is quite fantastic.

Also, OP, in airsoft barrel length does not have that much of an effect on accuracy. It does, but there are many other factors that affect accuracy more.

So, are you saying the accuracy of the ak74u, compared to say an m16a4 would not have a major difference in accuracy?

So, are you saying the accuracy of the ak74u, compared to say an m16a4 would not have a major difference in accuracy?

This is true, as long as the barrel is not excessively short (mp5k etc.)

As someone stated above, you should get a smart charger, or you will risk accidentally frying your battery.

Here are my thoughts on your choices:

MK5- Nice price, but be prepared to get extra magazines because MP5 mags hold less then other mags.

M4- Has a wide array of replacement parts, but it most people use M4s so it is not anything special.

M16- Functions exactly like the M4. The longer barrel will give a little higher FPS but not increase accuracy very much. Being longer also makes it harder to maneuver.

AK74u- Nice and compact, either good or bad depending on what you prefer. AK mags hold a ton of BBs, but they are big so it is more difficult to carry extras.

M14 Socom- Good mag capacity, good accuracy, and it's different from the guns most people use. This is probably my top choice on the list, but be aware M14's are heavy, the M14 socom is heavier than the m16. Also, it says it comes with 2 mags on Asgi which is enough unless you spray a lot.

Ak47- Mags have large capacity but are very big and hard to carry around. Selector switch is weird.

Whichever you pick is your preference. The ones priced the same will have similar performance.

you may want to know that echo 1 doesn't make anything and they just put their name on the guns and raise the price. so you can most likely find the exact same gun for less money. my friend just payed like $40 extra for the echo1 p90 because he didn't believe me that it was the ks p90 with echo1 trades. I'm not a big fan of echo1 for this reason,you're just paying extra for echo1 trades and maybe an extra mag.

M4- Has a wide array of replacement parts, but it most people use M4s so it is not anything special.

M16- Functions exactly like the M4. The longer barrel will give a little higher FPS but not increase accuracy very much. Being longer also makes it harder to maneuver.

Longer barrels in AEGs do not boost velocity. TBBs in AEGs boost it a bit, but longer barrels might actually decrease velocity in AEGs. In gas guns, though, longer barrels will increase velocity quite a bit.