to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
nbcaznmaster

Loose Selector Switch KSC g18c

Basically, it likes to pop up a little bit when I turn it. I can press it back down and switch no problem. Will this lead to trouble down the road? What parts do I need to fix this? Also, my mag shoots out (litterally) when I pull trigger. I assume I need a steel mag catch.

Also, im ordering from ehobby soon, so is there any must have replacement or spare parts that I should have at hand for the inevitable breakage?

Thanks.

Basically, it likes to pop up a little bit when I turn it. I can press it back down and switch no problem. Will this lead to trouble down the road? What parts do I need to fix this? Also, my mag shoots out (litterally) when I pull trigger. I assume I need a steel mag catch.

Also, im ordering from ehobby soon, so is there any must have replacement or spare parts that I should have at hand for the inevitable breakage?

Thanks.

Check the pin at the back of the slide, its what holds the selector switch in place. There's a screw under the rear sight which holds the pin, which holds the selector switch. If the pin is there, (visible from the rear of the slide) tighten the screw. Yes, the mag falling out is the mag catch.

Check the pin at the back of the slide, its what holds the selector switch in place. There's a screw under the rear sight which holds the pin, which holds the selector switch. If the pin is there, (visible from the rear of the slide) tighten the screw. Yes, the mag falling out is the mag catch.

Tightened it already and pin is fine. I think its a design flaw since the pin is only pressing on one side of the switch, allowing the Other side to pop up. So does it mean I'll have to live with it?

I know this is an old post, but its the only one that comes up on google when trying to fix my issue. Im having the same issue where the selector wants to pop up (how it would for dissassembly) when trying to swap fire modes. Its the worst when on full auto cause the slide movement jiggles it into that neutral position, causing the slide to not go forward all the way and immediately release all gas in the mag.  I took it apart and reassembled it via instruction videos. All the internal parts are there and everything is tight. What is happening? 

It should not "jiggle" if all your parts are there.

The retaining pin, set screw, ball bearing and spring should all be in position and tight.  

Well on second thought, you do know you are NOT supposed to change the fire mode with the gun in battery right?  You need to change it with thge slide cocked back about 1/4".  If you consistently change the mode in battery it wears on a oval shaped cam and it routes out the hole.  Thus decreasing your tolerance and loosening up the selector.