Sign in to follow this  
Tristiano

Thunder B Grenade Pouch Compatability

Hey, I recently picked up 2 Thunder B grenades off ASGI. A vision of light just brought to my attention that I'm going to need grenade pouches if I'm going to use these in a game. I'll be using the pineapple style shells for the grenades, and after comparing them to my real grenade shell, that the size is quite a bit different (see picture below).

5477170803_2810c206f0.jpg

I'm wondering if there's even a pouch that will fit the thunder b (on the right), or will I need to get a utility pouch of some kind?

- Laoch

Looks a lot bigger than a 203 round - look into a smoke grenade pouch.

Ya, its definitely bigger than a 40mm grenade shell, I just measured it and it's about 5 and 3/4s inches tall. I looked at the standard OE Tech grenade pouches at my local surplus store, and theres no way that grenade is fitting in one of those, I'll see if they have any for smoke grenades though. In a pinch, I can carry them in one of the pockets on my BDUs, but the'd be bouncing around, and wouldn't be readily accessible.

I personally have used the flashbang/smoke grenade pouchs from redwolfairsoft. but they will also fit in double m4 pouchs.

I am now making the move to the flashbang pouchs offered by skdtac.com. I like having buckles instead of velcro. Its not very sneaky to throw a flashbang when your ripping velcro lol.

Alrighty, sounds good. Have you tried the OE Tech flash bang pouches? I might just go with those since they are a little more readily available.

If they are anything like the issue flashbang pouches they are considerably smaller than a smoke grenade pouch.