socosniper

Which scope to buy

I have been looking for a scope for my echo1 m28 that I received for christmas and have been having trouble. I was hoping for some recommendations in order to help me purchase a scope. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely would go with a m3 style replica w/ a sunshade extension first but if you like fat optics than a utg 3-9x50 or 40 is good for the price.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=4631

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...roducts_id=3944

Available in stock and cheaper on other sites, ASGI just for a picture reference.

my advice.. don't get an airsoft gun scope. They break easily and are more about gimmicks like variable zoom (high power), illumination, silly reticles, and looking tacticool. If you want a cheap scope that will have good optical clarity and be rock solid get a 4x32 made by a real steel scope company like Bushnell, Tasco or BSA.

my advice.. don't get an airsoft gun scope. They break easily and are more about gimmicks like variable zoom (high power), illumination, silly reticles, and looking tacticool. If you want a cheap scope that will have good optical clarity and be rock solid get a 4x32 made by a real steel scope company like Bushnell, Tasco or BSA.

Not all "real steel" scopes are all that sturdy. "Airgun rated" scopes (like almost all Leapers/UTG) are more durable than so-called "real steel" scopes. Airguns break scopes because the piston recoil is harsher and in a different direction than firearm recoil. Leapers/UTG is pretty respected by airgunners for solid scopes that work well.

Illuminated reticles are nice because a black reticle dot gets lost in a shadowed woods environment. When aiming at a black or dark background you can turn the reticle on and off just to verify your aimpoint. Certainly not needed when shooting at paper targets. Well, not needed at all, but nice to have for evenings outdoors.

And HUGE numbers of firearms owners are more about "tacticool" than function. Witness the number of AR-type guns sold in .223 and .308, and compare that to airsoft where you can actually USE your tactical gun without repercussion, either socially or legally.

That said, I agree that a 4x32 is probably the best value.

To the OP:

What's your budget? A 4x32 will be light and inexpensive. A variable power scope can weigh a pound or more. A large objective lens like a 50mm will require tall scope rings to clear the barrel. Mildot reticles are nice for rangefinding when shooting at targets of varying distance.

I have this scope from ASGI and I love it. It does the job and the price was right. I have an illuminated scope on another gun and Im debating wether or not I wish this one was illuminated.

But for the price, meh, this one is great!