to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
J3AMYxx

Melee during CQB?

Me and my pals were sitting around, looking at videos and load outs when we noticed alot of Nerf Axes being used for close quarter melee kills.

I never really noticed any situation that required melee contact, seeing as we always kept our distance with our pistols, but all of us had possessed rubber bayonets/combat knives.

Wouldn't it be more realistic/life-like to utilize a bayonet versus a colorful battle axe?

I think the main reason they use them is because it looks absolutely ridiculous when someone uses one, and it's super embarassing when someone gets killed with it. It is also longer than a bayonet so you don't have to get as close.

PP

The Cold Steel ones ( I've heard) are rubber, and I'm thinking of getting a wazakashi instead.

Yeah, Cold Steel's "Bokkens" are made of a tough polymer, a big plus that it can withstand some heavy abuse. I once wanted to carry one of them around, but it seems to be a really cumbersome item when moving really quickly, even Bob the Axeman's melee weapon is a better choice as it is lighter (and softer, when you're hyped up, you might smack someone really hard, unable to control your strength in a fast-paced situation) and can be carried on the back without much of a hassle.

Either way, I'm sticking with a smaller trainer, longer melee trainers are too impractical in the field environment I play in.

Edited by EchoRecon3

The problem is with the bayonets that they are a no no at a lot of indoor and even outdoor fields due to stringent insurance regulations. Most of them specify that "no physical contact between 2 players or their gear" ect...even though lots of fields turn a blind eye to the regulations. Even though the bayonets are rubber they are still somewhat firm. Someone charging with a bayonet on their m4 could still physically hurt someone. From experience I think that people using nerfs and fake bayonets may be wasting their time. Yeah I know someone who use's a rubber knife for indoor use and what not but its pretty dumb, hes noted that people are more likely to magdump on you when they see a knife in your hands. Most of the time you see the person screaming aaarrggg with just a nerf sword or ax and they get shot alot...at pointblank range. Personally I think its a waste of time, looks cool sometimes but bayonets are possibly dangerous. Nerf swords also kinda make you look like a LARPer. A thing that lots of hardcore airsofters do not like nor want to be associated with.

Theres actually a good video somewhere on youtube where my buddys getting charged by a moron doing just that and the dude gets lit up beyond belief by him and several other people.

just my 2 cents

I've been knife-killed before by a kid. After he FOLLOWED me to the respawn point (I was the last guy left on my team during the game), I lit him up point-blank with my CO2 pistol and forced him to leave. Knife-kills with a very flexible-rubber blade are okay IF YOU CAN DO IT. Only really works when you've got the element of surprise, and by that I mean you're within 10 feet of your opponent and he has NO clue you're even nearby. From what I've heard, this isn't that hard to accomplish during night games.