Sign in to follow this  
Kling

KWA Sr-12 VS. G&G Fn2000, Need Help Deciding!

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a gun for no more then $400 and I think I finally narrowed it down.

I play in a field, so no moving through lots of brush or any of that. Engagement to the enemy is 70-180ft.

I'm looking at only stock performance, I don't plan on upgrading.

I made a list of pro's and con's for both of the guns and I rated each pro/con on a scale of 1-10 and they both came out as the same score.

If you have either the Sr-12 or the Fn2000, could you post what you like about them and/or what I should know.

Are there any other guns that you would recommend instead of these?

Thanks,

Kling

I own a SR-12 and it is awesome. It has plenty of rail space and no wobble. The whole gun feels solid. The stock SR-12 will have no problems with the engagement distances you are looking at. If possible, I would recommend finding an older SR-12 since they have the flip up sights. The newer ones have fugly rail sights. IMO, the SR-12 should outperform the F2000 since the V2 gearbox has been around for ages. My only complaint is that the SR-12 has a two-piece hop up system. Don't get me wrong, the gun is deadly accurate as the 2GX system is excellent. Also, the SR-12 comes with a 6.05 tightbore installed, which is a plus in my books. Both guns will run you about $400. If you're looking for a DMR looking rifle, you should also consider any G&P M16 variant (standard, SPR, SAM-R, etc) or the SR-25. The standard G&P M16s should run you about mid-$200s while the specialty ones will be around 400. Most SR-25s will be around $400.

I own a SR-12 and it is awesome. It has plenty of rail space and no wobble. The whole gun feels solid. The stock SR-12 will have no problems with the engagement distances you are looking at. If possible, I would recommend finding an older SR-12 since they have the flip up sights. The newer ones have fugly rail sights. IMO, the SR-12 should outperform the F2000 since the V2 gearbox has been around for ages. My only complaint is that the SR-12 has a two-piece hop up system. Don't get me wrong, the gun is deadly accurate as the 2GX system is excellent. Also, the SR-12 comes with a 6.05 tightbore installed, which is a plus in my books. Both guns will run you about $400. If you're looking for a DMR looking rifle, you should also consider any G&P M16 variant (standard, SPR, SAM-R, etc) or the SR-25. The standard G&P M16s should run you about mid-$200s while the specialty ones will be around 400. Most SR-25s will be around $400.

KWA all the way. Simply a better product. G&G has some issues with motors - which just happen to be the most important part of the AEG, though G&G stock barrels are better then KWA, but this is all nothing without a motor.

If I had 300 bucks to spend on AEG I would have KWA M16

D

KWA all the way. Simply a better product. G&G has some issues with motors - which just happen to be the most important part of the AEG, though G&G stock barrels are better then KWA, but this is all nothing without a motor.

If I had 300 bucks to spend on AEG I would have KWA M16

D

I agree with the others. The F2000 has far too many issues for a $400 gun where as I've had zero issues with my SR-10.

I'd like to say that both guns are, in fact, on par with each other. FPS is the same, range is the same, accuracy is the same. The KWA has a better rate of fire, the FN2000 is shorter.

Sense you said you don't care about upgrading, then get the KWA, if you think you may upgrade some time in the future, then get the FN2000.

I'd like to say that both guns are, in fact, on par with each other. FPS is the same, range is the same, accuracy is the same. The KWA has a better rate of fire, the FN2000 is shorter.

Sense you said you don't care about upgrading, then get the KWA, if you think you may upgrade some time in the future, then get the FN2000.

At least in my case anyways, my SR-10 far outshot my F2000. The F2000 is also heavier than most would expect.

FPS are the same? A stock G&G that shoots 405fps? Don't think so.

The KWA will have better rate of fire and trigger response as well as house a HUGE battery.

I would only get the G&G if you are dead set on the looks because you are most likely going to have to keep telling yourself that for every minor problem you have with it. (That's how I am with my G&G Scar :a-wink: ))

But if you are dead set on a F2000 then get the G&G for sure. If set on a M4 then flip a coin between G&P and KWA. :a-thumbsup:

FPS are the same? A stock G&G that shoots 405fps? Don't think so.

Yes actually, the stock FN2000 with chrono at about 415fps with the spring guide spun all the way in, and about 350fps with the spring guide all the way out.

hmmm, Well every FN2000 I've read about has that much of a difference between the back and forward of the spring guide. The evike review is the first that I've seen that doesn't go over 400 with the spring all the way in.

And Like I said, my own G2010 had a 50fps difference between spring guide all the way in, and all the way out. After fixing my compression, I see a 60fps difference, no matter the spring I use.

KWA sr12 is deffiniteley the way to go. G&P has gear problems and you would have to upgrade them whereas KWA is awesome right outta the box. and btw, if you're worried about the length of the sr12 then go with the sr10. it's basically got the same performance as the sr12 but smaller and it has a crane stock instead of a full stock.

plus KWA's customer service is absolutely the best.

good luck with your decision.

Given the information you provided on the field and the possible ranges you would be shooting; either gun would work fine to be honest.

The KWA SR12 is bigger bang for your buck seeing as it has reinforced internals, a good warranty, etc... (you can find numerous other people praising it like its holy on this forum for other specs)

The FN2000 you selected is most likely not as durable as the SR12 gearbox wise and I know for a fact that the SR12 will be hitting your 180 feet mark provided you have a clear shot and possibly switch out a few things ( for surety anyways).

Although if there is a lot of brush at this field you play at often, the FN2000 would be slightly less weildy compared to the KWA SR12.

Yes the FN2000 would also carry its own uniqueness to the playing field as an M4/M16 variant is quite common. Seeing as they are both very good brands you are choosing from; you wouldn't be losing a whole lot of $ by choosing the FN2000 over the KWA SR12.

It is now up to you, would you prefer a unique look with a bit less quality or a standard look with awesome quality. (keep in mind the FN2000 is by no means a poor quality AEG, it is very good its just not AS good internally comparatively IMHO).

Good luck on your purchase :) Let us know if you need anything.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your input!

I know that the Kwa would be a smarter choice, but I love the looks and the functionality of the f2000.

I only want a gun that will not give me any hiccups, as I have had lots of problems dealing with airsoft guns before. Which is why I am kinda leaning towards the Kwa.

What I do not like about the sr-12 is the length. I know the sr-10 is similar, but I do not like the stock, and the battery options.

If I did get the sr-10 is there a way to change out the stock for like a m16 stock, or something that will fit a large battery?

I want to stay away from Lipos.

Thank you,

Kling

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your input!

I know that the Kwa would be a smarter choice, but I love the looks and the functionality of the f2000.

I only want a gun that will not give me any hiccups, as I have had lots of problems dealing with airsoft guns before. Which is why I am kinda leaning towards the Kwa.

What I do not like about the sr-12 is the length. I know the sr-10 is similar, but I do not like the stock, and the battery options.

If I did get the sr-10 is there a way to change out the stock for like a m16 stock, or something that will fit a large battery?

I want to stay away from Lipos.

Thank you,

Kling

If your going to put a full stock on it, just get the sr12. It's only 4 more inches of barrel, and the fuse is kind of weird on the sr10 so putting a full stock on it takes a little more effort than others.

KWA has a proprietary buffer tube. I learned this the hard way when I tried to install the magpul PRS stock on my SR12 and I destroyed the buffer tube when I installed it. If you want to install a new stock on it, be careful as all of them aren't compatible. I would just stick with the SR12.

KWA has a proprietary buffer tube. I learned this the hard way when I tried to install the magpul PRS stock on my SR12 and I destroyed the buffer tube when I installed it. If you want to install a new stock on it, be careful as all of them aren't compatible. I would just stick with the SR12.

Either you have your terms confused or you did something seriously wrong as a PRS does not install onto the buffer tube.

If your going to put a full stock on it, just get the sr12. It's only 4 more inches of barrel, and the fuse is kind of weird on the sr10 so putting a full stock on it takes a little more effort than others.

SR10=16"

SR12=19.5"

I just had too. :a-wink:

Ya the SR10 will have to be re-wired because of the proprietary crane stock wiring. Plus to switch over it will cost +$50. (Quoted from Jim at KWA)

Also Kling, a 10.8v battery will not fit in the crane stock.

I'd et a Elite 9.6v 3300mah battery and the SR12.

Edited by -JOE-

You can fit a 10.8v or even a 12v nunchuck with 2/3A cells, in the crane stock.

SR10=16"

SR12=19.5"

I just had too. :a-wink:

Ya the SR10 will have to be re-wired because of the proprietary crane stock wiring. Plus to switch over it will cost +$50. (Quoted from Jim at KWA)

Also Kling, a 10.8v battery will not fit in the crane stock.

I'd et a Elite 9.6v 3300mah battery and the SR12.

I have owned a KWA and currently own a G&G Fn2000. The FN2000 is my new favorite gun and quite frankly...will be for a long time. It feeds great, midcaps need slight modification to work properly. The cutoff lever is the only problem people have and that takes seriously 2 seconds to file into a point vs the squared off mess they got going. The ting preforms solid. Used it last weekend and was plucking people off like crazy. It was exceeding my expectations in every way and after about 30 mins of using it in the field, the ergonomics were so functional that I was acquiring targets faster than I had expected to. The G&G Fn2000 is definitely a unique gun and will turn some heads as people and will not be the typical m4 out on the field. I like being different and the FN2000 is that.