Sign in to follow this  
RIP145

KJW .22 Tactical Carbine (KC-02)

From my understanding gas guns gain fps as u get longer barrels, I was wondering if:

1) A TK Twist barrel would increase my fps a lot or at all

2) If I put a fps reducer in would I be able to use the TK Twist with it, because you cant use the TK in a gun over 1J.

3) Is there anything else I would need to make this work, do you think this would work?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks -RIP

You mean the flash hider replacement style fps reducer? If that's the case then no, that wouldn't help any.

Try asking over in custom and upgrades. Is the 10/22 barrel aeg compatible? Usually gas guns have their own thing going on.

It won't fit an AEG barrel. Look here: http://en.ratech.com.tw/product/rag/rag-kj/rag_kj.php

When you look at the tightbore they offer for it, it uses the gas gun type.

In effect, this rifle shoots way too hot to utilize the benefits of a TK twist barrel, see here:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Tanio-Ko...-B-t147334.html

a possible way of lowering fps would be to adjust the gas valve or striker pin to release less gas, in theory that could make it work. but that's a whole other animal altogether. However best bet with this stock is to use the heaviest sniper grade bb's to counteract the high fps out the barrel. Using the ghost ring sights I was able to peg a willing friend in the chest out at 130'. Not bad to work with stock.