to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
dASm

LRB in AEG?

I've always heard that LRBs can't be put into AEGs because AEGs just have the 1 puff of air, whereas HPA/CO2/GG guns have the continual acceleration of expanding gas. Is this true? If so, could one conceivably make an LRB (and corresponding modded outer barrel) and install it in an AEG with a P* HPA box? If anyone could provide some additional info about LRBs, or answer any of my questions, that would be great.

The P* gearbox is fairly new to the market, so I am unaware of how great you can get the volume of air to be. If it can provide enough air volume then it will work. It's not AEG's specifically can't use LRB's, it's that you need a very large amount of air to properly use them, and most if not all AEG's today are incapable on doing so.

If you can supply enough air to the LRB, then there won't be any problems.

The P* gearbox is fairly new to the market, so I am unaware of how great you can get the volume of air to be. If it can provide enough air volume then it will work. It's not AEG's specifically can't use LRB's, it's that you need a very large amount of air to properly use them, and most if not all AEG's today are incapable on doing so.

If you can supply enough air to the LRB, then there won't be any problems.

The P* GB does 500 w/ .2s on a 509 barrel, and the joule equivalent of 550 with the 509 barrel and .3g BBs. That indicates a pretty high volume of air. In addition, early on it was indicated you could independently adjust air pulse volume.

That said, anyone know of somewhere I could get an lrb custom made?

The P* GB does 500 w/ .2s on a 509 barrel, and the joule equivalent of 550 with the 509 barrel and .3g BBs. That indicates a pretty high volume of air. In addition, early on it was indicated you could independently adjust air pulse volume.

That said, anyone know of somewhere I could get an lrb custom made?

"brian" on classicairsoft makes them. Turnover time is fairly slow though, as my Asahi M60 has been in his hands for over 1.5 months, without getting any work on it yet.

Really? I did a little research, I saw it a handful of places. Basically, it was said that LRBs work best with barrel bores of 6.08 or greater, preferably 6.1, making them inaccurate.

Just because the barrel has a 6.08-6.1 bore, doesn't mean that it will be inaccurate, especially since the bb rides the top of the barrel. What probably makes LRBs less accurate than a modern hop up system, is the fact they are used in guns that have the barrel reciprocating back and forth which isn't the best for accuracy. If a LRB was to be used in a fixed position, it would probably be accurate. If you were to some how incorporate a hop up rubber with the LRB (check out 9batt's rifles on ASR), it could be used to the control horizontal deviation, while the barrel will control the vertical deviation, and be very accurate. Also if you wanted to have a LRB with a tighter bore, such as 6.04, it is possible according to booster.

Also from personal experience, LRBs aren't "horribly" inaccurate, but since the bb is going quite slow at extreme ranges, the shots are going to be very susceptible to even the slightest gust of wind.

Just because the barrel has a 6.08-6.1 bore, doesn't mean that it will be inaccurate, especially since the bb rides the top of the barrel. What probably makes LRBs less accurate than a modern hop up system, is the fact they are used in guns that have the barrel reciprocating back and forth which isn't the best for accuracy. If a LRB was to be used in a fixed position, it would probably be accurate. If you were to some how incorporate a hop up rubber with the LRB (check out 9batt's rifles on ASR), it could be used to the control horizontal deviation, while the barrel will control the vertical deviation, and be very accurate. Also if you wanted to have a LRB with a tighter bore, such as 6.04, it is possible according to booster.

Also from personal experience, LRBs aren't "horribly" inaccurate, but since the bb is going quite slow at extreme ranges, the shots are going to be very susceptible to even the slightest gust of wind.

I see. Alright, I'll talk to the people listed. Thanks for the help!