Sign in to follow this  
hainspuerterican

G39c high cap mod

Does anybody know the exact procedure how to make a high cap work in conjucntion with the stock gas mag reliably? ive seen videos of people clamping an aeg high cap to the side and running a tube over to the gas mag but I feel like if I tried this id get a lott of jams. is there anyway to do it reliably? thanks

Does anybody know the exact procedure how to make a high cap work in conjucntion with the stock gas mag reliably? ive seen videos of people clamping an aeg high cap to the side and running a tube over to the gas mag but I feel like if I tried this id get a lott of jams. is there anyway to do it reliably? thanks

are you going to run external Hpa? youd have too in order to make it run through the hi-cap, I personally don't like the side by side hi cap deal, I would find a way to take an aeg electric drum mag and find a way to hook that into ur gas mag

from my understanding the way these gas mags work is when the trigger is pulled a type of hammer moves forward in conjunction with the piston pushing the bb into the chamber. when the bb is chambered the hammer hits the valve on the upper backside of the gas mag. the spring in the valve is set to release a certain amount of gas before resetting when the hammer is returned. So essentially it is a poppit valve and the mag is a crucial part of the firing mechanism.

Yes I will be using hpa but to use an AEG high cap mag id have to install a gas mag valve and air chamber, which seems like a lot of fabrication work. It just seems easier to use an already made gas mag and mod that. however if you have an alternative suggestion please send it my way. thanks

from my understanding the way these gas mags work is when the trigger is pulled a type of hammer moves forward in conjunction with the piston pushing the bb into the chamber. when the bb is chambered the hammer hits the valve on the upper backside of the gas mag. the spring in the valve is set to release a certain amount of gas before resetting when the hammer is returned. So essentially it is a poppit valve and the mag is a crucial part of the firing mechanism.

Yes I will be using hpa but to use an AEG high cap mag id have to install a gas mag valve and air chamber, which seems like a lot of fabrication work. It just seems easier to use an already made gas mag and mod that. however if you have an alternative suggestion please send it my way. thanks

Go with the side-by-side hicap mag. Jimmy37 here did it, ask him for any advice.

I'm not at all sure what to think about this thread..... You've seen a lot of videos? Care to show me? I'd like to see how anyone else has done this.

And by looking at Cmags and drum mags, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt a gas mag to the drum mag. Simply have the drum mag or Cmag feed up to the lips of the gas mag. It'd require a lot of modification, but in the end, you'll have a larger mag that may fit your needs better.

I'm not at all sure what to think about this thread..... You've seen a lot of videos? Care to show me? I'd like to see how anyone else has done this.

And by looking at Cmags and drum mags, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt a gas mag to the drum mag. Simply have the drum mag or Cmag feed up to the lips of the gas mag. It'd require a lot of modification, but in the end, you'll have a larger mag that may fit your needs better.

alright and im thinking. maybe getting a gas mag, stripping everything but the gas chamber/valve and somehow adding a much high bb capacity by modding another mag like youve mentioned.

how did you do it jIMMY37? pics or build link?

Yea. Here's a demo vid.

Let me ask you this, since you seem well versed in words and theories, but do you have any real experience with gbb's? Have any hands on with them?

To make drum. Get gas mag and drum mag. Take gas mag. Drill hole for tap. Put in tap. Cut off the rest of the mag about an inch below the tap. Fill in the gigantic hole you just made. Add drum mag assembly. Run bb's from dum mag to feed lips.

Gonna be running co2 or HPA?

Yea. Here's a demo vid.

Let me ask you this, since you seem well versed in words and theories, but do you have any real experience with gbb's? Have any hands on with them?

To make drum. Get gas mag and drum mag. Take gas mag. Drill hole for tap. Put in tap. Cut off the rest of the mag about an inch below the tap. Fill in the gigantic hole you just made. Add drum mag assembly. Run bb's from dum mag to feed lips.

Gonna be running co2 or HPA?

a little, I have a kjw 1911, did a simple fill valve replacement with some teflon tape, no biggie there. I do have a lot of experience with paintball guns though. so im not new to pneumatic operation and work. I will be using regulated HPA, I can drill and tap etc. but when you say cut to just below tap.. do you mean actually cut into the gas chamber? because if I cut open the gas chamber.. what can I fill the hole with that can take pressure up to say idk 200 psi? maybe im taking what you said completely wrong though.

I mean if you think about it, the side by sides end up being long, depending on how much of it you want to keep, and I mean if your only lookin for 20-30rnds more that what you have now I know there are m4 gbb mags that are 50+ rounders, but if your gonna go hi-cap you might as well go big. hahaha mount a 249 box to ur 39 :-) just a little humor there. Altho that video you shared with the m4 side by side, that guy did a beautiful job, but youd burn thru so many rounds so quick you might as well attach a foregrip to your side by side that way you can constantly hold your mag and rewind, you could also try with those draw string mags, where you pull the string to wind.

So is OP trying to highcap a g39 or an m4?.

If it were me, I'd remove the middle section of the g39 and pack the bottom with kwicksteel. Probably have a few screws going across to help give the joint support. It could be possible to modify the bottom piece to be much shorter and work out, but it may not work out too well. It's been quite some time since I've looked at my mags. Easiest route in my opinion would be the kwicksteel and screws idea. Wouldn't be pretty, but it would be solid.

Just running this by you too. It I saw you're video of the g39 mag take down. It looks like on the uppermost piece of the mag all the gas is channeled through one circular port. For the sake of simplicity do you think I could tap that hole with whatever will fit and put a 90 degree fitting in to run a remote hpa setup? Or is kwik steel still the better option. Remember this is low pressure stuff exactly.

You mean the hole in the center of the gas resevoir? That's a screw hole dude....

Remember, all this stuff has to clear the magwell since the mag goes inside the magwell. You have to have things ran out of the gun under where the magwell would sit. You can't just keep the uppermost piece of the magazine because it's got the important parts(well, you could try, but it'd be more trouble than it's worth). Having more of the gas mag allows you to use the sleeve it goes in, and gives you a good base to work with. If you were running co2, it would also work as an expansion chamber, but HPA shouldn't need that.

What are you planning on doing with this, anyway?

so if you were to do it, what would you keep, and what would you cut? I plan on skirmishing this gun. but 32rnd mags just wont cut it for me. im a mid cap fan. but id take high caps over low caps any day. I would like to run anywhere from 350 - 500 fps if possible. I know 500 is overkill, but its just for fun.

I'd go for the side by side mag route. It's easiest and if you screw up, you've still got a working(yet ugly) mag. After you accomplish one good conversion, you'll have more experience with your tools and items so that you'd be more ready for a Cmag or drum conversion. Plus, you should be able to convert your side by side high cap to the c/drum mag easily.

I'd also get an in line shut off. That way you won't have to reach back to shut off your air. I still need to get one.

Yes I think that's what ill end up doing ^ but since you're here might I ask how this gun performs with your co2 rig? Is it high maintenance? How about accuracy and consistency in warm weather?

It's cold weather consistancy was great, so I'd assume the warm weather consistency would be great. Right now my gun is broken. Some little part broke and got the firing pin stuck up. Taking it apart lost a few parts and the thing that pushed the pin down is now missing. I wouldnt exactly blame my rig, considering I run mine at around 100 to 120 psi. After some testing, I saw green gas push the psi up to around 180psi at 80 degrees.

Same amount of maintenance. Crack it open every once in a while and oil the moving parts. I add a few drops to the air inlet if the mag before I start using it too.

I broke my barrel and outer barrel from the glue locking it in place so it waves all over the place. If I took the time to resecure everything, it'd still he nice and accurate. Out of the box accuracy was great.

Plan on doing a barrel or flash hider change?

Possibly would do a barrel change.. don't really know where I'd find a good replacement though haha.

I'm just trying to find a reliable gbbr with good accuracy for $300 or under if anyone has a better suggestion. Either way I'm modding the mags though

Well, considering that most gbbr's require quite a few parts replaced before they are "skirmishable", the g39 is a good start. Didn't seem to really need anything replaced. For me, it's stock performance is pretty good, especially with a reliable power source like external co2 or air.

It's got potential, and evike can deliver replacement parts. The cocking handle WILL BREAK. So, be ready for that. Be sure to inspect your gun each disassembly. Lumberjack had a pin fall out of his trigger mech. I've seen a few move one way or another. Although it is fun to dump an entire mag, it probably isn't a goo idea. Try to stick to shorter bursts.

Zendell, I don't know if you've fixed this by now, but your copper feed tube could be replaced by the feed tube that comes in some c-mags. The one I bought came with a really stiff spring that was used to feed through a 90* angle, and that may work better for you than solid metal tubing.

Hain, best of luck with your project. The few things that have turned me off from converting to gas earlier was mag capacity and reliability. It seems that you're addressing one of the problems, and it's exciting.

oh s!@#, well if it isnt zendell, the man who sparked my highcap mod!

im depp of deathcoreairsoft and im quite a fan of your rig

im not sure but I believe that I am the only other to fully complete a we g39c highcap outboard rig on the internet.

and definitely the only one to do it without tapping into the magazine at all :a-grin:

well, I tried doing copper pipe at first but I was too stupid to remember that using a torch was the best way to bend copper pipe, ended up with a complicated mess

so using lexan and epoxy I finished a sketchy version of a highcap magazine. pretty badass when firing, but I have the same unavoidable problem with air keeping up and im not sure how long this lexan will hold up without jamming.

Care to show a peek inside how you mounted and fed through the pipe?

hoping to maybe to do a firebug version of the gbb in the future

Mine? Oh ho ho ho.

It's very simple. I cut off the feed tube right at the top of the funnel. The tube ends just below where youd think it should. That way when you push the guts up into the bottom of the mag, the feed hole pushes up and locks in place when you put on the bottom slide/cover. It's so simple. It works well.

Make sense?

I'll try to make a quickee video within the week. I can't find my good cameras, so videos have been lame and short.

Have any requests other than basic guts?