to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
NathanE92

Highspeed Motor

For the past 2-3 days I've been doing a lot of research on what motor I should get. At first I was going to go with the G&P M120 but I heard it had a low trigger response and that there's a lot of motors that are just as fast but have a little more torque to give you better trigger response. Lately I've been looking at either an SHS or the Element highspeed motors. Any opinions on what I should do?

For the past 2-3 days I've been doing a lot of research on what motor I should get. At first I was going to go with the G&P M120 but I heard it had a low trigger response and that there's a lot of motors that are just as fast but have a little more torque to give you better trigger response. Lately I've been looking at either an SHS or the Element highspeed motors. Any opinions on what I should do?

If you use a LiPo forget the G&P 120, I've heard dozens of complaints that it burns out using even low end 11.1's, 7.4's may be different.

I own an SHS Turbo and an SHS Torque(see later) motors and they're both laughably fast.

The SHS Turbo has run up to an M120 and still had plenty of torque for it, but has the added benefit of being able to run on my 11.1v 40c LiPo, where as the G&P 120 would probably croak using that battery. The only downside is the motors get kind of hot under loads like that.

I also have the SHS Torque motor which, while it's incredibly fast(faster than the turbo) and has a massive amount of torque, you pay for it with a high battery draw, and it gets extremely hot after ~500 rounds on a low end 9.6v battery, and sooner on higher ends(evaporates a drop of water in seconds after ~600 rounds). I may just have a fluke, but the motor gets too hot for my liking too fast, but dang it performs while it works. M120's on it are no sweat, and ripped my M130 back on a 9.6v as fast as my Turbo pulls an M110 using the same battery.

Edited by Jerichow

I have used both the g&p m120 and shs high speed. Currently the m120 is in my m4 with 16:1 gears short stroked 2 teeth and a sp120. Its shooting 386-390 at 33ish rps. The shs is in my mp5 with gp steel gears and a m110. Its shooting about 30 rps at 340 fps.

The shs motor won't even cycle in my m4 and it gets really hot in the mp5. Both guns are ran on a 11.1v 25c 2300 mah battery and have a mofset in both.

Both motors have great trigger response and have been going strong after about 4 months of playing once each weekend. I would go with the shs for anything under 350 fps. Its a tad faster and about half the price.

Thanks for the replies. Lately I've had my eyes on the Element HS motor. Ive heard nothing but great things about this motor too.

Edit: Ive been looking into more motor stuff. Should I get a Torque motor or a Speed motor? I'm aiming for around 370-380 fps. Id think those torque motors are for 430+ FPS setups.

Edited by NathanE92

Thanks for the replies. Lately I've had my eyes on the Element HS motor. Ive heard nothing but great things about this motor too.

Edit: Ive been looking into more motor stuff. Should I get a Torque motor or a Speed motor? I'm aiming for around 370-380 fps. Id think those torque motors are for 430+ FPS setups.

The element high speed is definitely a nice motor. I have one running at 36 rps on my p90 with everything in it stock except for the piston, a mosfet, and a 11.1v 25c 2600 mah lipo, and of course all the necessary tune ups ( shimming, aoe, etc.). The acm high torque motors are also pretty nice. I have an amp high torque in a classic army m16 and the trigger response is almost instant. It gives me about 22-25 rps when run on the same battery as the p90.

I guess it really depends on if you're going for rof or trigger response as to which kind of motor you want to get. You told us the fps you want, but didn't say anything as to the rate of fire you're looking for.

The element high speed is definitely a nice motor. I have one running at 36 rps on my p90 with everything in it stock except for the piston, a mosfet, and a 11.1v 25c 2600 mah lipo, and of course all the necessary tune ups ( shimming, aoe, etc.). The acm high torque motors are also pretty nice. I have an amp high torque in a classic army m16 and the trigger response is almost instant. It gives me about 22-25 rps when run on the same battery as the p90.

I guess it really depends on if you're going for rof or trigger response as to which kind of motor you want to get. You told us the fps you want, but didn't say anything as to the rate of fire you're looking for.

I'm not looking for some crazy 30+ ROF. An ideal ROF would be around 25-27 and yeah, trigger response is a little more important to me.

Edit: I have an SP110 spring and a 9.6v.

Edited by NathanE92

If you're going for trigger response then get the Element Torque motor. I have one in my ICS M4 S-System and it's trigger response is laughably fast at 380fps on an 11.1v 20c 3300Mah battery, and literally instant on my 40c 2650Mah one and it will get ~30rps on the 20c LiPo.

Alright so Ive got it narrowed down to two motors. Element Speed and Torque. I'm not looking for insane ROF. I play field and never CQB.

Also, would the Element Speed motor have more torque then a stock E1 G36c Ver.3 motor? I don't want to replace my motor and get worse trigger response.

Edited by NathanE92

Stay away from the standard Torque Motor and get their Ultra Torqe if you're going to go with SHS. I have their Short Type High Torque model and that thing(afraid I'm not kidding here) boils a drop of water on the body of the motor after 1000 rounds.

Just ordered the Ultra Torque motor. Thanks for the heads up.