Sign in to follow this  
Dagger Operator

Dagger Unit Recruiting

We aren't looking for everybody, but everybody isn't necceesarily looking for a team like us. Dagger Unit is currently looking for new members as of April 2011. This is a milsim team and is highly militarily oriented. Most current members are either military (Army and Marine Corps), cadets, or future cadets. We train airsoft and real military tactics and skills. We enjoy the training aspect as well as playing. Training days are as important to us as playing in actual games and will be required of all possible recruits to the team. The training may or may not be practically applicable to airsoft but will be in accordance with U.S. Army SOP. Along with training the team plays at all the fields in and around the Atlanta area and some larger scale national OPs like Fulda Gap. This will expand as the team grows.

Requirements

You must be 16 years of age.

You must be physically fit.

You must have a good attitude.

You must have a desire to play but also to train.

You will be required to look uniform with the team. We generally wear multicam and the associated gear. We occasionally run in civilian clothing. We require Multicam uniforms for OPs that require it but other wise will not bar interested recruits for not having it.

You will be required to have your own weapons. KWA, G&G, or VFC M4 variants weapons are highly reccomended.

You must either have your own transport or be able to carpool with someone local to you.

If interested check us out at www.daggerunit.com . Contact us via the Contact Us Page.

MOUT1.jpg

Team member being taught how to maneuver securely in an urban environment.

MOUT2.jpg

Team members conducting MOUT training.

rappel-1.jpg

Team members training in repelling : NOTICE : Only team members who have military or state qualification in repelling may conduct repelling training

MOUT32423.jpg

Team members conducting MOUT training.

secure.jpg

Team members learning how to properly secure a live EPW.

Edited by Dagger Operator

We also can do a little bit of live-fire training.

executing a Box Drill (one pair in the chest on one target, switch to a second target, one pair in the chest, one well-aimed shot in the head or pelvis, switch to the original target, one shot in the head or pelvis). I'm demonstrating the two types of pairs, the "hammered pair" that consists of two rapid shots with the second shot delivered without adjusting aim after the recoil of the first shot. Hammered pairs are used when speed is essential, indoors, at close ranges, and when the target poses an immediate threat (sights on you, finger on the trigger). The 3rd and 4th shot are a "controlled pair," which is a little bit slower as you now adjust your aim on the 2nd shot and line up a new sight picture before pulling the trigger. Controlled pairs are used at longer ranges, when the target does not pose an immediate threat, or any other scenario when accuracy is more essential than speed. If you come to any live-fire training with us, don't worry if you don't own any firearms or anything like that. You just need eyepro and you'll need to pitch in a couple bucks for ammo.

Also on another note, you don't need any experience to join. All you need is a good attitude and a willingness to learn. ALSO, YOU NEED TO BE GROUNDED IN REALITY. One of the reasons we're moving away from the organized games every weekend is because some people don't realize that it's a simulation and that their airsoft team isn't actually a branch of the DOD. We don't have any kind of rank structure, we don't wear patches of units we aren't in, or anything like that. But on the same note, Dagger Unit is all about low-key, somewhat laid back (by actual military standards) training, so if you want to learn basic patrolling, basic MOUT, and things like that, then send DaggerOperator a PM (Don't PM me as I'll be at Camp Geiger for a month without internet).

So in a nutshell, if you live somewhere near Atlanta/north Georgia and would rather train and have smaller games on a semi-regular basis and attend occasional large-scale events in the southeast then attend organized gamedays every other Saturday, consider joining!

Edited by hawkeyes39

Well, I'm back from Camp Geiger. I've got two months out in Twentynine Palms and I'll be back in ATL to help head up the training. Meanwhile we've got some other pretty knowledgeable team members handling that. On our last training day they went over basic patrolling and the Squad Attack/raid, including movement to the objective, designating En-Route rally points, setting up an Objective Rally Point, conducting Leader's Recon, Actions on the Objective, and all that good stuff. Pretty soon we're going to start some very basic MOUT. One of our guys who's active-duty Infantry in the 82nd will be home on leave, and he's done a good deal of MOUT so he'll head that up. Once I get back, I'll help out with the patrolling and MOUT and I'll head up the live-fire training. I'll be teaching marksmanship fundamentals as well as basic combat marksmanship and we'll be heading out to the range and putting it all together with the AR-15. We're always looking for new members, so send me a PM and we can discuss everything. Once again, you don't need to have any experience in airsoft or shooting whatsoever to join, just a good attitude and a willingness to make it out to the training days. And if you're new to airsoft and everything, don't worry, we've got a couple of other new guys on the team and we're all pretty chill anyway, and even our members who are in the military have different strengths and weaknesses so we're all here to learn something from each other and have fun.

So shoot me a PM if you're interested!

We are currently recruiting again and looking for teams to play against and train with in the Atlanta/Northern Georgia Area. If you are interested, contact us via this forum or the website.

The team's mission is

To further military tactical knowledge, lifesaving first aid, self defense, defense of others, and overall situational awareness of team members. Dagger was formed in 2009 as a Military Simulation unit comprised of like minded individuals that are either individuals with military background or pursuing military careers. The team trains in real weapons and tactics, while also pursuing training in the Airsoft/Military Simulation field. The team attends large scale Milsim operations, while also maintaining a high level of proficiency with their firearms and training as much as possible.

Check out

www.daggerunit.com

for more information.

The following are from recent carbine/pistol/medical training events.

378963_4023558550592_177416252_n.jpg

486685_4315018310086_1920179447_n.jpg

395139_4638550158180_1612049384_n.jpg14182_4023555510516_283261614_n.jpg378897_4023557950577_143646610_n.jpg