chrisnupp

Knives...Real, Fake, Both, or Don't Care?

Knives on Loadouts  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Knives...Real, Fake, Both, or Don't Care?

• Fake Only
    • Real (but will never unfold/ take out of sheath)
    • Don't Care
    • Neither
    • Other (Do explain)

This poll is to see what you, the community, thinks is accepting for knives on loadouts. I personally have a fake rubber one, and I think real knives should not be allowed on a loadout even if they will not be used, but I would also like your opinions!

Edited by chrisnupp

Fake only for safety. Would you really want me to pull out my 6" survival knife and "kill" you with that instead of a rubber one? So basically, for load out purposes fake ONLY and it must be a soft rubber, but I always carry a pocket knife in my pocket. Though I guess a small pocket knife clipped on to the webbing of a MOLLE rig would be OK.

I too think real knives should not be a part of your loadout for saftey reasons. in fact that should be blatantly obvious to anyone

if you may have the need to use an actual knife at any time then it should be a folding pocket knife and stored in a pocket or pouch

a folding pocket knife is going to get a different response since they are generally small and anything over a 4 inch blade is illegal to carry

and while theyre folded up they present no real harm or chance of accident whether theyre in pocket or clipped outside

I think it all comes down to responsibility and maturity while handling one just the same as with an airsoft gun or a real fire arm

I too think real knives should not be a part of your loadout for saftey reasons. in fact that should be blatantly obvious to anyone

if you may have the need to use an actual knife at any time then it should be a folding pocket knife and stored in a pocket or pouch

Yea... Just a few weeks ago someones knife fell off of his molle webbing, onto the ground and with the fall it was enough force to open the pocket knife, So I definitely agree to keeping it in the pocket, SECURED.

I don't personally use rubber knife and don't see reason to use one, and they only cause confusion. I like carrying real one though, it's the most important tool I have. Obviously they should be kept folded and securely in butt-pack or so and used only when the situation is suitable. Also I think you should only be allowed to use either one, and not both so you don't mix them up, but that just adds more stress on the supervisors. Ideally, from my point of view, rubber knives should be banned and in order to carry steel one you should be at least 20-years-old.

I'll generally carry both.

I carry a pocket knife in case of an emergency that would need a pocket knife. It is securely in a sealed pouch so I have no worry of it coming out and opening unless I purposely do so.

I carry both.

I have a rubber knife for knife/safety kills and a real knife for situations where I could use one.

I carry a knife (usually a benchmade griptillian mini) and a benchmade houdini escape tool with me every day and I will not change that based on any activity I do.

I carry a hunting knife on my belt for cutting vines and stuff like that, that always end up getting caught on something...especially when I wear my ghillie suit...wow...

I don't have a problem with people carrying real knives on them in Airsoft, as long as they are responsible (not a little kid) and as long as they don't intend on using it on anyone.

I feel naked without a knife on me all the time, its just wrong, knives are useful tools, I don't see any reason not to carry one.

I carry both. A rubber knife for safety kills/messing around, and a pocket knife and sometimes a multitool for cutting things and such.

I can't agree with carrying a large fixed blade knife on a loadout. At my local CQB field we had a scare where someone snuck up on a guy and was going to kill him with his own knife, but it was real. It could have ended badly.

I can't agree with carrying a large fixed blade knife on a loadout. At my local CQB field we had a scare where someone snuck up on a guy and was going to kill him with his own knife, but it was real. It could have ended badly.

Not trying to start an argument here, but I don't see how a fixed blade is more dangerous than a folding knife, if he really wanted to kill someone with a knife, he could have done it just as easily with my 2" folding Gerber than with my 5" fixed blade that I carry on my belt...

Like Eat My M4 said earlier, I'm not going to change how I carry a tool based on what activities I do, I carry my knives to the grocery store, to church, sporting events, weddings, everywhere I go.

My 2 cents.

A real knife should be on everyone's loadout. They are survival tools. I personally carry a small 1" fixed blade on the inside of my vest (it has a hard plastic protective sheath. I never thought I'd need to use it, but I used it to make makeshift repairs on my gun on the field (You wouldn't carry a screw driver on the field, would you?). It's all about being prepared. You never know when a fellow player is going to twist an ankle, break an arm, etc. Having a knife allows you to cut through clothing to dress wounds, cut foliage to make splints, and cut rope (I always carry 550 paracord) to do other things (tripwires! just kidding).

I would never use a knife to "kill" someone in airsoft. I prefer the bang/surrender rule.

I usually just carry a leatherman, as it has all of the tool anybody could need. However, a real "hunting" knife or anything of the sort is just... pointless. And fake knives just create confusion among players and are unnecessary. If you wanted to 'melee' kill somebody you could just touch them.

Well sounds like most of you don't carry an actual knife for safety purposes, I carry a knife FOR safety purposes. Where I play in the woods there are wild animals, including bear, coyote, puma, and also fox and bobcat. Though very unlikely, animal attacks DO happen, and I'd much rather my Buck Knife than simply let an animal kill me because a human is nearly defenseless against a large wild animal. A knife is also useful for clearing brush and cutting fabric for a blind in the field. You can remove splinters and metal shards with a knife, reducing the risk of infection. So why don't we all carry them? Also about the over 4" foldable knife being illegal, that is very false. I have four foldable knives well over 4" and made by large knife companies, and I think the switchblade legal limit is 6", though it might be lower now.

Well sounds like most of you don't carry an actual knife for safety purposes

+1 I was playing a game in a woodland area several months ago, me and my friend were both snipers wearing our ghillies, and stalking the woods, we came to a small clearing and thought we heard someone moving around about 20 feet away from where we were crouched, so we had our rifles trained on that area, waited about 5 minutes and then several coyotes came walking out (don't think they knew we were there, didn't act like it) I stood up a little and made a little noise to try to scare them off, since they were potentially giving away our position, and their heads all snapped up, they looked like they had seen a ghost lol, then they took off running and we were back to stalking the other team. Gave me a little scare though when I saw them, it was pretty dark, but there was moonlight enough to see them, at first I thought they might have been wolves, or something similar, and I did have my 5" fixed blade on me, drawn.

That is one of the reasons I carry when I play.

+1 I was playing a game in a woodland area several months ago, me and my friend were both snipers wearing our ghillies, and stalking the woods, we came to a small clearing and thought we heard someone moving around about 20 feet away from where we were crouched, so we had our rifles trained on that area, waited about 5 minutes and then several coyotes came walking out (don't think they knew we were there, didn't act like it) I stood up a little and made a little noise to try to scare them off, since they were potentially giving away our position, and their heads all snapped up, they looked like they had seen a ghost lol, then they took off running and we were back to stalking the other team. Gave me a little scare though when I saw them, it was pretty dark, but there was moonlight enough to see them, at first I thought they might have been wolves, or something similar, and I did have my 5" fixed blade on me, drawn.

That is one of the reasons I carry when I play.

I always seem to come across something every time I go in the woods, today it was a large Rattle Snake. :0 I really hate coyotes, I've had one in my yard before.

Other: I carry a cold steel rubber training knife, and I think that that the only type of knife that should be carried openly and be part of a load out. I do however carry a pocket knife/multi tool as I have ran into places where I need it to do in field gun maintenance and use it sometimes for milsim games, when your dealing with props like bombs and stuff.

I have a ka-bar on my plate carrier for vine cutting and utility use. I don't always get to use it, however it's always in the sheath and I don't go about brandishing that I have a knife on me. I've played with local teams and they have no given me any issues for having my knife on my gear.