Sign in to follow this  
Mysterysandwich

How To Ship an Airsoft Gun

Hey guys, I've never shipped an airsoft gun before, and I wanted to ship a SAW MKII fullsize in it's case -- how would I go about shipping this? Put it in a box and bring to USPS (if they ship things that big..) to Kinkos?

Or is there some program where UPS comes to my house, picks it up then ships it?

UPS and USPS both have pickup delivery, but you can just put the case inside a large cardboard box (Cover any markings on the box that might indicate its contents. Nothing like delivering a box that says "M249 SAW 5.56mm" on the front), pack it so there is no movement when shaken, tape it up with packing tape and slap an address on it.

Guest alberty

Make sure to secure the airsoft gun and its original box with packing tape or similar.

After that, find a box, or very carefully make a box, big enough to enclose the airsoft gun box entirely.

Add cushioning/packing material where necessary to reduce potential shipping damage.

Seal the box VERY well, trying your best not to leave any part of the airsoft gun box visible to a bystander or the mail carriers.

I would suggest purchasing insurance for this package since it's a big and heavy one.

If no one asks you specifically, don't try to mention what is in the box as people may not understand or will freak out just hearing the word "gun" or "firearm" even if you say "replica" or "toy" together.

---

Irrelevant:

My friend tried to ship a TM Hi-capa in its original packaging, inside of another box. The original packaging shows the Hi-capa without an orange tip/front and with 3D-rendered bullets in the image. At the USPS office he was recommended to switch to a flat-rate box to save himself money, and he just whipped out that box without even thinking. The woman at the counter was about to freak out...good thing I was there to explain things and cool everyone down.

Definitely make sure markings are covered and buy insurance. I shipped a couple laptops to my friend back in Alaska. Found out the laptops were stolen at the Seattle shipping facility. I believe they found the box...empty.

Kinda a scam I had to buy insurance when they messed up in the first place, but you can't really stop them.

I always ship my airsoft guns via UPS. To me, shipping them through USPS is just dumb since that is a government group. I have never had a problem with UPS and they seem to take better care of the item.

There was one time when they asked me what was in the box. I informed them that it was a toy replica firearm that is not capable of firing real ammunition. They asked me a few questions, and didn't seem to have a problem with it. They should not have any issues with it and I suggest being honest with them. Also, any time I ship a gun, I put a piece of paper inside the box with the gun that says that it is a toy fire arm that fires 6mm plastic bbs and can not be converted to fire real ammunition in any way.

Guest alberty

Sorry for necroing:

How much would shipping be for an M14? I would think upwards of $50, considering that an average M14 is over 3 feet. Should I disassemble and ship? Or leave it how it is?

That cannot be estimated by us well. You have several factors to consider:

- What shipping services are you using?

- Where are you shipping to?

- Are you buying a print-it-yourself label or getting it calculated by the staff behind the counter?

- How quickly do you want the item to arrive to your recipient?

- How would the sizing of your shipping box be, like barely fitting the whole M14 or so big that it leaves a lot of empty space (that you should will with packing material or other cushioning material)?

Also I would say it's preferable to leave it intact. Just by having it disassembled, the receiving person may not be able to put it back together correctly, damage something, and then try to pin blame on you.

Edited by alberty