• 800-1000
    • 1000-1500
    • 1500-2000
    • 2000-3000
    • 3000-5000
    • 5000-10000
    • 10000+

Um can anyone say rich parents...?

I really hope you're joking on that. I hate douchebag :censored2: who think my parents pay for everything because im young. I get that too much. I pay for everything I have, save for birthdays/christmas.

Settle down now. Just saying though 30,000 dollars is a he'll of a lot of money for a 14 year old kid to have saved up from Christmas and birthdays. That's more than most people have laying around period.

1.) I've been airsofting for around 3 years.

2.) It's called a job. I had one in construction.

3.) Barely any of my stuff even comes from christmas/birthdays.

Guess what? Im 14. No bills to pay, no car, no other interest other than parkour/freerunning which all you need is shoes and pants. I got a ton of money to spend on my main interest. Already got money saved for a car.

1.) I've been airsofting for around 3 years.

2.) It's called a job. I had one in construction.

3.) Barely any of my stuff even comes from christmas/birthdays.

Guess what? Im 14. No bills to pay, no car, no other interest other than parkour/freerunning which all you need is shoes and pants. I got a ton of money to spend on my main interest. Already got money saved for a car.

A person working on minimum wage (at least in California) gets $17,000 a year assuming they're working the average 2000 hours at $8.50. Now you're 14, meaning you go to school; this means you can only legally work 18 hours a week when school is in session. Most schools have the standard 180 days of school, meaning that you are limited to approximately 26 weeks of restricted work (180 / 7 = # of weeks). 26 Weeks working 18 hours a week gives you 468 work hours. Now for the remainder of the year you may work for a maximum of 40 hours. 364 Days in a year minus 180 of the school days leaves you with 184 free days. Law restricts the number of work hours per week (when school is not in session) to 40 hours a week. If you divide 184 by 7 to get the number of weeks, it is approximately 26 weeks. 26 Weeks times 40 hours a week equals 1040 hours. Add the two numbers I calculated: 1040 + 468 = 1508 total worked hours.

This assumes you worked consistently and never missed a day of work (3 Hours maximum per school day and 8 Hours maximum per non-school day). So if you were making $8.50 an hour and worked 1508 hours in a year your income would be $12,818. Add the California tax and you are losing $256. (12,818 * .02 - 2% Tax for this salary range).

So now you end up with $12,562. Divide 30,000 by that number to get the number of years and it would take approximately 2.4 years.

All these calculations assume you are in California, worked consistently, and did not spend any of your money anywhere else.

Flaws: A job in construction? Law does not allow minors (under 18) to work in any environment which present hazardous conditions I.e. dust from cutting wood, using any type of machine to do work- this includes hammers, saws, etc.

You are 14, so that means you have been working since you were 11.

You specifically state that you 'had' one in construction meaning that you are not currently employed.

No one hires 11 year olds. If you claim you drew schematics and crap like that, there are literally 1000's of other more qualified people that can fill your position.

You worked consistently for 3 years; 11-14 year olds don't have that type of consistency.

What could you possibly spend 30,000 on? A super expensive gun costs approximately $1,000- you mean to tell me that you have anywhere up to 30 of them?

Where the hell are you keeping all these guns? An average gun costs $300, meaning you have at maximum 100 laying around your house; your parents must be pretty pissed off at that.

How many different externals/internals/gear/bb's can you buy? Theres only so many different ones that you can buy.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm calling BS on you. $30,000 to a 14 year old is literally unbelievable.

P.S. Read my siggy.

Edited by andrew gk

Really? Did you seriously take the time just to do that?

my neighbor owns a construction company and is good friends with my parents. I was lucky enough to get a job with him. So yes, people DO hire eleven year olds. I don't get payed by the hour. I get payed for certain jobs. Whatever he wants me to do. pass out flyers to working with him on building stuff, and I get payed by however he wants me to do. Your arguements are very flawed seeing how I work in different conditions. no tax, he just gives me straight cash.

I also get payed for babysitting.

I sell guns for profit.

I also post stuff on ebay for people and get 10% on whatever they make on the item.

Birthdays help, christmas also helps.

Keep in mind, im including bbs, gas, repair fee, internals parts, optics etc...

By the way, I don't keep all my guns. I sell the ones I don't want anymore. I have around 6 or 7 right now. Most expensive ones I've had was a VFC B.A.R. costing $1300 and my Socom gear Barrett at $1500 with everything, and my Real Sword SVD at around $950

here's my thread on a good amount of my guns.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/and03630...ai-t201909.html

Edited by Puffin

Yeah... With pictures of him owning a VFC Bar and a SG barrett I'll believe he had the ability to spend that much on Airsoft. Thats a huge implication of him having the ability to aquire such funds. But anywho, it's not our place to question or support what he says, as he has already backed it up with a logical explaination, and photos.

I've only spent just over $1000.

A2Z Dragunov

AGM L96

Ares M110 External set

KA S&W mp15 MOE

replica EOtech

Wow $30,000... Can you buy me a magpul masada? It would only be another $600, or a Kwa m4, only $320. Please?

Anyway, look at how much al-yal have spent.

150 x 150 = 22,500

300 x 225 = 67,500

600 x 273 = 163,800

900 x 101 = 90,900

1,250 x 98 = 122,500

1,750 x 67 = 117,250

2,500 x 45 = 112,500

4,000 x 43 = 172,000

7,500 x 19 = 142,500

10,000 x 32 = 320,000

320,000 + 142,500 + 172,000 + 112,500 + 117,250 + 122,500 + 90,900 + 163,800 + 67,500 + 22,500 = 1,331,450 average

Really? Did you seriously take the time just to do that?

my neighbor owns a construction company and is good friends with my parents. I was lucky enough to get a job with him. So yes, people DO hire eleven year olds. I don't get payed by the hour. I get payed for certain jobs. Whatever he wants me to do. pass out flyers to working with him on building stuff, and I get payed by however he wants me to do. Your arguements are very flawed seeing how I work in different conditions. no tax, he just gives me straight cash.

I also get payed for babysitting.

I sell guns for profit.

I also post stuff on ebay for people and get 10% on whatever they make on the item.

Birthdays help, christmas also helps.

Keep in mind, im including bbs, gas, repair fee, internals parts, optics etc...

By the way, I don't keep all my guns. I sell the ones I don't want anymore. I have around 6 or 7 right now. Most expensive ones I've had was a VFC B.A.R. costing $1300 and my Socom gear Barrett at $1500 with everything, and my Real Sword SVD at around $950

here's my thread on a good amount of my guns.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/and03630...ai-t201909.html

lol, what do you get on your birthdays?!?!

It adds up, for example. Bunch of little numbers to me that I just spent tonight add up to over 1 k, with only $180 coming out of my pocket 0.o I am happy as can be tonight :P waiting on 10, yes count em 10. Packages to come to my door in this next week. :DDD CHRISTMAS!! :P

I can neither confirm nor deny ever having spent any money whatsoever on airsoft....as my significant other might read this thread and shoot me shortly thereafter with something from my RS collection.

EDIT: There are at least 12 metal gearbox guns in the house (all extremely modded and with matching accessories).

Edited by MDI_Weapon

Yeah... With pictures of him owning a VFC Bar and a SG barrett I'll believe he had the ability to spend that much on Airsoft. Thats a huge implication of him having the ability to aquire such funds. But anywho, it's not our place to question or support what he says, as he has already backed it up with a logical explaination, and photos.

I've only spent just over $1000.

A2Z Dragunov

AGM L96

Ares M110 External set

KA S&W mp15 MOE

replica EOtech

He could have gotten the images from the internet. Just put a picture of you next to the picture of the gun, and...

Not saying he's lying, but...

I'm in the 1000-1500 range ever since I got my first serious AEG(Classic Army G36E).

If I include the guns that were given to me I'd be closer to $2000 but since I didn't pay for them they don't count. I don't buy really expensive guns but I bought a lot of them, and I drop a lot of parts into them.

For example a DBoys I decided to just rip apart and plink around with:

Started out ~$150 for just the gun

Stripped it out and put in:

Deep Fire 7mm Gearbox

7mm Steel Bushings + Shims

G&P Explosive Piston Head

SHS Metal Rack Piston

Bearing Spring Guide

Dual O-Ring Piston Head

Guarder Air Seal Nozzle

Guarder 18:1 Gears

Element Magnum Motor

Systema Bucking

AWS Microfet

That's just the internals, externals probably double that in price. In the end I totaled it out to ~$500 for the gun all together with everything I threw on it. Yeah it's not as expensive as someone who started out with a TM or KWA, but it'll whip BBs out real nice. My MG36 is the same way and now needs a new motor so I'll probably drop a Bravo Xyclone motor in there just to see how they perform.

Although my next fairly expensive build will likely be an ICS M4 I'll start with. A lot of people around me don't like them but I love the split gearbox design, and I never push my guns past what 6mm Bushings can handle, and of the three I owned, all worked great. This year though, I'll probably be breaking the $3000 mark.

So far I've spent about 380 on my rifle and my pistol and all of the accessories... Maybe broaching $430 if I include all of my Ammo and equipment

With a minimum wage job over at the local Zaxbys, I spend about 100-150$ every two weeks on something related to airsoft. Bought a G&G m14 for 300~$ traded it for an m16, upgrades and mods 100$. Oakleys to play with 100$ new MC uniform 70-100$ new chest rig 70$, used g&g m4 for 150$, Oakly gloves with a new hat, patches, shemagh 150$, more Oakley shades 100$, new sidearm, mags, and more mags 200$, about to buy a replica airframe helmet with the gladiator cheek pieces 100$ and some new no fogging goggles for Red Storm 140$.

That's the past three months.. Not counting bbs, field fees, gas, and everything else related to traveling to NC and all around SC for games.

Oh and I'm only 18. My parents officially hate airsoft.

well I blew about $1200 on getting the basics together... honestly I coulda gotten it for less now that I know where to buy airsoft stuff, but that knowledge couldn't of been gained without buying the stuff in the first place.

airsoft gear ~ $160

airsoft guns (3) ~ $400

green gas, co2 ~ $130

BBs ~ $50

gun mags ~ $450

A person working on minimum wage (at least in California) gets $17,000 a year assuming they're working the average 2000 hours at $8.50. Now you're 14, meaning you go to school; this means you can only legally work 18 hours a week when school is in session. Most schools have the standard 180 days of school, meaning that you are limited to approximately 26 weeks of restricted work (180 / 7 = # of weeks). 26 Weeks working 18 hours a week gives you 468 work hours. Now for the remainder of the year you may work for a maximum of 40 hours. 364 Days in a year minus 180 of the school days leaves you with 184 free days. Law restricts the number of work hours per week (when school is not in session) to 40 hours a week. If you divide 184 by 7 to get the number of weeks, it is approximately 26 weeks. 26 Weeks times 40 hours a week equals 1040 hours. Add the two numbers I calculated: 1040 + 468 = 1508 total worked hours.

This assumes you worked consistently and never missed a day of work (3 Hours maximum per school day and 8 Hours maximum per non-school day). So if you were making $8.50 an hour and worked 1508 hours in a year your income would be $12,818. Add the California tax and you are losing $256. (12,818 * .02 - 2% Tax for this salary range).

So now you end up with $12,562. Divide 30,000 by that number to get the number of years and it would take approximately 2.4 years.

All these calculations assume you are in California, worked consistently, and did not spend any of your money anywhere else.

Flaws: A job in construction? Law does not allow minors (under 18) to work in any environment which present hazardous conditions I.e. dust from cutting wood, using any type of machine to do work- this includes hammers, saws, etc.

You are 14, so that means you have been working since you were 11.

You specifically state that you 'had' one in construction meaning that you are not currently employed.

No one hires 11 year olds. If you claim you drew schematics and crap like that, there are literally 1000's of other more qualified people that can fill your position.

You worked consistently for 3 years; 11-14 year olds don't have that type of consistency.

What could you possibly spend 30,000 on? A super expensive gun costs approximately $1,000- you mean to tell me that you have anywhere up to 30 of them?

Where the hell are you keeping all these guns? An average gun costs $300, meaning you have at maximum 100 laying around your house; your parents must be pretty pissed off at that.

How many different externals/internals/gear/bb's can you buy? Theres only so many different ones that you can buy.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm calling BS on you. $30,000 to a 14 year old is literally unbelievable.

P.S. Read my siggy.

Pwned.

I spent about $350 in gear, Condor Rig, Oakley Gloves, TruSpec Multicam, etc etc.

JG PSG-1 Custom build about $350

TM MP5SD5 which has almost every rare part for a MP5SD series that exsists on it and systema/shs internals $850-900 sadly

G&G F2000 - $250

About $300 mags and about $200 in misc things like batteries and stuff.

Might tac on another $151 if I buy the shotgun I'm considering getting.

Edited by Dawnzero

Realy though, Not much money was spent on guns and gear, the most were for internal parts and some techs to help me out when I seriously muck up/ unable to do the modifications myself due to a lack of resources.

Gun:

• CA KM10(planning on getting a 416 upper receiver and build a DMR out of it)-$126
  • Phoenix Glock 17L Race Gun(A product from a gunsmith in Hong Kong based on BELL G17)-$112

Gear:

• TMC JPC-$38
  • Tan Belt-$12
  • Mich 2001-$58
  • Eye pro-$25
  • Chinese CU-$19
  • Knee Pads-$10
  • Gloves-$11

Mags:

• 3 P-mags(PTS, My friend gave me because he now runs a HK416 and he no longer uses it)
  • 5 King Arms Mid caps (With Magpul rubber, also hand me downs by another friend who left Hong Kong)

Accessories:

• Aimsports 1-4x(and again, the hand me down of the generous friend who left Hong Kong)

Parts(now here is the big one)

• Prommy barrel-$52
  • Modify Ryusoku Flat Hop-$10.50
  • SHS 18:1-$33.55
  • SHS 15teeth piston-$12.77
  • SHS cylinder-$8.90
  • SHS M110-$7.10
  • And More to Come...