to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
BlueSoft

Full Protective Airsoft Uniform?

Is there an airsoft uniform that provides protection for all parts of the body? My friends and I usually fight in very diverse conditions. Some people use different guns, have different FPS rates, wear different protective gear, and fight in close and long ranges. I know snipers should stay in their sniping positions, and not go wandering off and acting like it's an SMG, but in case someone has a powerful sniper and they're shooting from around a small corner, a very close range shot, is there a uniform that could prevent me from bleeding or getting a huge welt? I've gotten many welts before, and they're not that bad, but if someone has a 450+ sniper and they're 2+ feet from me and standing behind a corner and I'm trying to get past it, I want a good protective uniform to repel the BBs. If you don't know of any uniform like this, but this has happened to you, what happened? Believe me, I've bled before, but that was from about a 400 FPS shotgun on buckshot mode. And I wasn't even close to him, so I can't even imagine a higher FPS sniper and closer to me?..

If there is a guy with a 400+ sniper rifle 2+ feet from you he shouldnt be shooting at you with anything but his sidearm, no not even that, that would be more along the lines of a parlay /safety kill.

Guest alberty

Minimum engagement ranges exist for the sake of safety. You have described what happens without such rules.

---

The uniform itself isn't an impact shield , but a good quality BDU or other real uniform should usually be thick enough to take the sting out of regular hits.

I'd say a stronger vest would be better instead of looking for a thicker uniform. Look into replicas of OTVs/Interceptor vests, MTVs, and PACAs.

We do have rules. This never really happens, but sometimes even a regular long range shot can hurt. Just ask the twenty welts that I got from machine guns and snipers. I just want to protect myself the most I can, and in any season. It's hot right now, so the usual snow pants won't cut it. I mean, a BB-proof vest will work, but what about my arms and legs, and the rest of my body?

Guest alberty
I just want to protect myself the most I can, and in any season. It's hot right now, so the usual snow pants won't cut it. I mean, a BB-proof vest will work, but what about my arms and legs, and the rest of my body?

The "most" protection and "any season" don't work together. You can't have both thick, full-body and good ventilation at the same time.

Sounds like you better wear a Hazmat suit. Maybe clothes made of lead.

Edited by alberty

Look, I know that airsoft can hurt. I'm sure the S.W.A.T. team knows that in an actual battle (real guns), people can get hurt. Even a bulletproof vest can still leave you vulnerable, but that and the bulletproof helmet and full suit that they wear is supposed to leave them less vulnerable. I'm just asking if you know of any really good protective suits that are sold on the internet. I've seen some, but what is the best? Like, a brand or something. I've seen some really good ones myself on the internet, but they were actual bulletproof suits (expensive)...

This works, wear a thin t-shirt, and either a carhart or motorcycle leather jacket over it. For the legs, wear carpenter jeans, they have a lot of pockets on them, to they have a lot of protection, for the face, I just wear a balaclava or a mask. Hope I helped.

To put it bluntly, tell your sniper friends to stop being ****holes. As stated, airsoft WILL hurt, everything has it's tradeoffs, but there is no legitimate reason for a sniper to shoot someone from any closer than 20-30 feet with a weapon that powerful. If they want a weapon powerful enough to make people bleed, then they should get back in their sniper hole and use it the way it was intended to be used, from 150-250 feet away.

Of course nothing convenient will protect against a powerful shot from 2 feet away. My friends would never do that, but any distance can hurt, depending on the FPS and weight of their fire. Really, I'm just asking for something that helps. I mean, if someone were to ask for something better than goggles, the replies would probably say that a mask/helmet would provide more protection. Even though it doesn't provide 100% protection, it helps. That's all I'm asking. What do you recommend for the best airsoft protection, for the entire body? I'm not asking for tactics, like "STAY AWAY FROM YOUR ****HOLE SNIPER FRIENDS!" My friends won't do that, but even so, it can still hurt. For example, do you wear a mask/helmet, tactical vest, military uniform, a backpack, and boots? Whatever it is, tell me!..

a regular bdu jacket and pants or acu jacket and pants would be fine. some sort of face protection, ball cap, at least have good quality goggles. yes you can grad a good pair of boots, molle vest for mag pouches and other things. if your going to wear all this stuff at least make it useful

Guest alberty
Look, I know that airsoft can hurt. I'm sure the S.W.A.T. team knows that in an actual battle (real guns), people can get hurt. Even a bulletproof vest can still leave you vulnerable, but that and the bulletproof helmet and full suit that they wear is supposed to leave them less vulnerable. I'm just asking if you know of any really good protective suits that are sold on the internet. I've seen some, but what is the best? Like, a brand or something. I've seen some really good ones myself on the internet, but they were actual bulletproof suits (expensive)...

Well then, I already answered your question in the beginning:

A full body armor type of vest, like an OTV, MTV, Evike's Matrix armor, Flyye Armor Chassis, etc...

What's the problem?

Edited by alberty

Is there an airsoft uniform that provides protection for all parts of the body? My friends and I usually fight in very diverse conditions. Some people use different guns, have different FPS rates, wear different protective gear, and fight in close and long ranges. I know snipers should stay in their sniping positions, and not go wandering off and acting like it's an SMG, but in case someone has a powerful sniper and they're shooting from around a small corner, a very close range shot, is there a uniform that could prevent me from bleeding or getting a huge welt? I've gotten many welts before, and they're not that bad, but if someone has a 450+ sniper and they're 2+ feet from me and standing behind a corner and I'm trying to get past it, I want a good protective uniform to repel the BBs. If you don't know of any uniform like this, but this has happened to you, what happened? Believe me, I've bled before, but that was from about a 400 FPS shotgun on buckshot mode. And I wasn't even close to him, so I can't even imagine a higher FPS sniper and closer to me?..

Try wearing one of those body armor they wear for Paintball. :-)

Seriously, like Alberty said "What's the problem?"

You're looking at BULLET PROOF VESTS for AIRSOFT. I've heard some ridiculous things in my life but wow...

It does not hurt that bad, it's a mild sting. Wear a BDU, goggles, and something to cover your face. Those protect you. I really don't see the dilemma.

Guest alberty

sitzkrieg, I appreciate your support but I think you need to rethink some of your response.

I said, "What's the problem?" in terms of me wondering why the OP did not see/acknowledge my first post about body armor-type vests for airsoft usage when the OP made an analogy to law enforcement wearing ballistic protection.

OP understands airsoft involves physical impact, but suggests a lack of minimum engagement ranges or just plain concern about the mild sting involved in airsoft, so this thread was created to look for reduction, not total elimination, of the pain.

Of course, we all agreed that it's not the uniform itself that should be an impact shield, but rather the vest/plate carrier/armor you wear. Otherwise, such strong protection on the uniform itself would be like wearing a suit of armor--strong but heavy and hot.

OP looked up actual ballistics-rated vests due to not knowing what to search for...

Edited by alberty

Yeah, I suppose you could get a plate carrier, but you will still only have BDU on your limbs. Maybe it's just me, but I seem to get hit in the limbs a lot, and unfortunately there's not much you can put on your limbs without completely restricting your movement. If it bothers you that much, I would say get a vest and a helmet and face mask and maybe some hard knuckle gloves and that's about the best you can do without restricting your movement to a slow walk.

Guest tompulaski

I know snipers should stay in their sniping positions, and not go wandering off and acting like it's an SMG? I can agree with the SMG feelings, but speaking from experiance, the very foundation of sniper-dom is versitity and flexibility

Dear OP,

If a jacket, goggles, gloves, pants, and a balaclava don't give you sufficient pain reduction at safe engangement distances you really shouldn't be playing airsoft.

Too right. It's like going to the beach and complaining about all the sand. They are both unavoidable, and people will respect your for dealing with it head-on.

I have not idea what guns your friends are using, but I only play with a t-shirt and jeans (new to the sport, getting gear over the summer) and the only time that I've bled was a shot to my cheek, where your skin is the thinnest. Sure, I've gotten welts, but in my opinion they are sort of cool. Like getting a black eye from a stray baseball, only less painful. Either your friends are total d*cks and are totally ignoring minimum engagement, or they are all going around firing at 500+ fps. And plus, half the fun of airsoft is the pain of the BBs. That's what stops you from going all Rambo and rushing the enemy. It is that element of fear that truly makes airsoft a fantastic sport.

-Chris

Dear OP,

If a jacket, goggles, gloves, pants, and a balaclava don't give you sufficient pain reduction at safe engangement distances you really shouldn't be playing airsoft.

What Rukus said exactly, I play either

2 black sleeveless shirts (1 special sweat wicking, the other regular)

M81 Woodland Pants

Soft knuckle, padded football gloves

Goggles

Black bandana

The above is my favorite, but if I'm playing at a mil- sim field that runs tan vs. Green instead of NATO vs. OpFor I borrow my brother's full M81 plus boonie.

It stings if you get hit on the arm, it stings a little on the chest or forehead, but that's all. There's no need to look like the bomb squad guy wrapped in million dollar armor because you're afraid a plastic BB that weighs a fifth to a quarter of one gram that was flying 400 fps when it left the barrel might hit you 100 feet later.

Edited by sitzkrieg