to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
chrisnupp

Your Loadout Style

Your Loadout Style  

195 members have voted

1. 1. What do you play in, your style?

• Tacticool: best of the latest
    • Impressionist: it's gotta be perfect
    • High-Speed, Low-Drag
    • Covered from head to toe
    • Sneaky Sneaky Quiet (Ghillie, etc.)
    • Kinda Impressionist: it's close, but not perfect
    • Other (definitely specify)
    • Jeans and Tshirt

What is your loadout style? Do you like being tacticool, have the latest and greatest out on the market look intimidating with all the attachments, and wires coming from you and your gun, or maybe you are an impressionist who has been working on finding the pieces that most closely resemble a military group. or are you one of the ones who are I play in what I want when I want, high speed low drag. Describe yours when you voted.

Jeans and Tshirt added due to popular demand

Edited by chrisnupp

You didnt include a option for those of us that show up in jeans and a jacket with one magazine in each pocket, running around and scoring kills till our battery runs out (of course we don't have a back up!) :P

In all seriousness my favorite style of play is to leave all of my Milsim crap at home and play airsoft and enjoy the essence of it (I.e shooting people) :D

Other. I use what works for me, honestly don't care if its new or old, looks like a military group, or looks like a hobo, I base my gear off what I can actually use in game, and its constantly changing when I figure out what I actually need to carry and what is useless.

Guest Gcommando36

I like being covered from head to toe, I don't generally get too hot while playing and it makes going through dirty areas and crawling more tolerable. I'm not really "high speed low drag" but I like gear that stays firm and low profile against your body too.

how about those of us who dress as part of an airsoft team? Or those of us who load up appropriately and out of necessity?

For instance, when I play territory control style games (including CTF), I will strip off my tacvest on the field, and reduce my weight so I become high-speed, low drag. Then, when the territory has been secured, and it becomes a defense-oriented game, I will retrieve my tacvest with all the zillion mag pouches and ammo and bunker in. Of course, I would never remove pouches from my MOLLE vest just because it is a pain in the fingertips trying to rethread them in the heat of battle, but you know what I'm saying.

I carry only what I think will be absolutely necessary + a little bit more. So if I think that I'd only need one hicap during a game, I'll bring one hicap and one midcap (in addition to the one in the rifle).

You didnt include a option for those of us that show up in jeans and a jacket with one magazine in each pocket, running around and scoring kills till our battery runs out (of course we don't have a back up!) :P

In all seriousness my favorite style of play is to leave all of my Milsim crap at home and play airsoft and enjoy the essence of it (I.e shooting people) :D

What he said.

I always carry only and only the necessary, that's only real rule I have. I use webbing always, as it's not in the way and are fast enough to operate and modular capabilities are sufficient, dirt cheap too when bought used. Camouflage is important, but I prefer to choose comfortable and practical clothing, like Soldier 95 and worry about the camo pattern less. Even M4 can stay with solid stock and carry handle, not too much into tacticool stuff at all. That's about it, idea is too keep everything as simple and reasonable as possible. If the setting requires, I change the camo pattern and webbing. Practical, comfortable, durable, cheap, ecological (used) as well as convincing and more "realistic" looking, than using 100% issue Wehrmacht stuff or über modular tacticool gear.

Agreed. I usually start out with all my gear, but end up shedding it a few minutes into the game. Half the stuff is completely useless for me anyway. (can't afford midcaps yet, so my vest isn't very helpful)

(Just a word in my defense as not being a newbie), My location and income make it very difficult to play very often or with large groups, so it's usually a very laid back type of game.

Edited by Airsim14

I just wear stuff I have that works. I suppose now it has gotten to the point where it can be considered high-speed low drag, but it certainly did not fit into that when I started. I would like to start doing impressions though.

I usually try to go high speed low drag, keep it light, and strapped down tight. (No intention to rhyme)

I do however like to bring in a small back pack I can drop off and retrieve later that has bbs, gas, and other junk.

I think it's just because I'm to lazy to go with a heavy duty tacticool load out and I don't have the money to match a specific kit list.

Kinda Impressionist I guess.

Ever since I got sick of always playing US with PC's and MOLLE Ive gone primitive. Making East German, Iraqi Republican Gaurd, Libyan Soldier, African Mercenary, Soviet Captain, Various Late war german ww2 Loadouts, Taliban, and Vietcong, Rebel fighter loadouts are much much more fun and satisfying.Especially when people say damn, you look the part.

Its kinda because Usually the footwear, eye wear(period eye wear usually is not allowed), the comms and some variation in rigs are different.

Edited by capone5

There should be a category for "Function over Form" because that's what I'm about. I put everything that I need and that works on there, and if it happens to look like a legit loadout, cool. If not, cool.

Depends on which loadout I'm using. I have a VC loadout which is absolutely 100% authentic from head to toe, but I have my Resident Evil STARS loadout which is practically made up save for the patches and badges. My spaghetti western loadout is made of modern clothes only chosen to look the part as the authentic stuff costs a fortune.

Mine is a combination of what works and affordability. Technically I use a chest rig, but I found a way to attach a hydration carrier/backpack. I find it funny, I've tried many different guns, but I've never changed rigs.

I chose other. I have a pretty decent impression of US VN kit, but not Really Cool specific. Then I have a PMC style loadout that is more high speed with whatever works. Then I have my "LET'S PLAY" loadout with is all kit that works and helps me while playing, but a little more "militarized" though no-where near an impression.

I am about to start building a HMAF Pathfinder loadout that will be an impression loadout.

The waterproof boots I use for hunting, some old Truspec Marpat, an old LBV for magazines, the cheapest eyepro I could find that was stamped mesh, and my M4. Everything I need to shoot people.

I definitely go for the high speed low drag. right now, when im using an AEG, its a bdu pants, long sleeved shirt, OE-Tech vest and magazines. when I snipe, cargo pants, long sleeved shirt, ghillie, and a belt for magazines. and I usually carry a back pack over both of those set ups for water and BB's.

My team's motto is "we're not playing, we're training" - so we pretty much are all rocking some kind of load carriage system. Uniform is BDUs since most of us have old issued BDUs, we don't wear ACUs because we don't want to damage our work uniforms. Gear is khaki colored because it works with everything, so we can buy gear to airsoft with but still use it for Army stuff.

Due to not being a serious milsim'er I tend to go with whatever the hell I feel like. I normally wear woodland BDU's, my WSH, and basic eye protection - sometimes a facemask. I've never been fond of overburdening myself. But, sometimes I feel like doing something crazy and when we play CQB or outside I go for a movie character or celebrity impression.

John Rambo - ✓

John McClane - ✓

Lady Gaga - ✓

Mickey Mouse - ✓

John Dillinger - ✓

I've done more impressions but those are my most notable. Yep, I am insane. :3

I've got an all black loudout that consists of a black, tight jacket and fairly tight pants, and a light vest. So I guess my answer would be high speed low drag.

I've got an all black loudout that consists of a black, tight jacket and fairly tight pants, and a light vest. So I guess my answer would be high speed low drag.

“High speed isn't about gun, gear or tactics. High speed is executing the basics perfectly no matter what, cold, wet, day, night, tired. That’s high speed."

I am sorta high speed low drag. I use just what I need plus a little extra. Web belt with 4 vietnam M16 pouches filled with my stuff (magazines, bbs, gas) with one utility pouche for whatever else I decide to bring. I have 2 4 pockets on my BDU trousers, and 4 on my BDU jacket. I also have my boonie hat which I will be putting shotgun shells in (that is when/if I get one). I barely even use the pockets lol. Loadout: Low drag. Me: Not-so high speed :a-laugh:

“High speed isn't about gun, gear or tactics. High speed is executing the basics perfectly no matter what, cold, wet, day, night, tired. That’s high speed."

Oh sorry. I'm still kind of a ASF newbie... Which one does my loudout seem to be? I'm also fast and can do most things without needing to think it through. In almost any environment. Sorry for my failure to understand.

Oh sorry. I'm still kind of a ASF newbie... Which one does my loudout seem to be? I'm also fast and can do most things without needing to think it through. In almost any environment. Sorry for my failure to understand.

I wasn't trying to pick on you, I just thought it was a good time to post a favorite quote of mine :)

As long as your gear works for you and you know how to use it efficiently, then there is nothing wrong with it.

I use what works for me. But I happen to really specifically like most of what the US military uses from WWII to now. That being said I usually run our camouflage, a MARCIRAS or in the future, 6094, or ALICE web belt kit. MICH 2000, and my primary plus pistol. and a pack if I REALLY need to carry a lot of stuff. But other then that, I run it light. I'm going to try running only 4/5 mags and a utility pouch

I wasn't trying to pick on you, I just thought it was a good time to post a favorite quote of mine :)

As long as your gear works for you and you know how to use it efficiently, then there is nothing wrong with it.

lol Gotcha. That is a sweet quote though!

It depends on where I'm playing, but on average, its woodlands pantsm tan boots, drab shirt, ghillie, mesh facemask, drab flakjaks, and woodlands bandana. guns I carry: Glock in shoulder holster w/ 50 rd high cap, 15 rd lowcap, g39c w/ 6 mags, or m700 gas sniper rifle w/ 30 rd mag.