to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
JdogJAG

Question about TM shotguns?

WHY ARE THESE THINGS SO EXPENSIVE!!! OK $240 for a single shot, plastic, spring shogun? WHY? What on EARTH could possibly make these shotguns cost so much? I'm beginning to think that TM is taking advantage of their well known company and bumping up there prices. Somebody give me some redeeming qualitys that would even slightly constitute these plastic guns from being 4X AS MUCH AS THE UTG ONES. I can't even fathom what would make these cost so much?! You can get a good full metal GBBR for that much!UGH.

WHY ARE THESE THINGS SO EXPENSIVE!!! OK $240 for a single shot, plastic, spring shogun? WHY? What on EARTH could possibly make these shotguns cost so much? I'm beginning to think that TM is taking advantage of their well known company and bumping up there prices. Somebody give me some redeeming qualitys that would even slightly constitute these plastic guns from being 4X AS MUCH AS THE UTG ONES. I can't even fathom what would make these cost so much?! You can get a good full metal GBBR for that much!UGH.

Export cost from japan. Go there and buy a TM and it's like $150 equivalent.

TM shotguns aren't single shot. They shoot 3 bbs per pump. Being the owner of 8 different TM guns(2 of them shotguns, which I still own and are still working since 2005) in my airsoft life time, the saying "You get what you pay for" certainly isn't taken lightly. I have never had a lemon in any of my TM guns. Also, the TM shotguns aren't completely plastic. My M3 Super 90 and Spas have a metal barrel and magazine tube. In all honesty though, I like these with more plastic than metal so I can pop up behind cover and throw out a quick shot and duck down for cover really quickly.

TM didn't slack on the external finish on these guns either. There are a lot of details that the clones don't have, and the external finish is just...nicer. It's something where you'd have to own both to know and appreciate.

Most importantly, the UTG and double eagle ones don't come close to shooting as nice as the TM ones. Like I mentioned before, I've been running my TM shotguns since 05, and they still shoot with tighter groupings and longer range than my UTG and Double Eagle shotguns(My UTG was pre owned when I got it, but the TMs still shot better than my Double Eagle brand new out of the box).

TM shells are nicer than UTG and Double Eagle ones for sure.

And if you want to talk about the boxes the guns come in....the TM box owns the UTG and Double Eagle boxes....COMBINED.

Edited by ridgedemort

From what I hear about KTW guns, they are more show pieces than playing pieces.

What I don't like about the KTW Spas is that it doesn't take shells; you have to take a long tube out of the magazine tube and fill that up with bbs.

Shells are a big selling point to me when it comes to shotguns.

Also, TM's shotguns came before all the other shotguns. It's not them taking advantage of their well known company, at the time it was normal for everyone to buy a $200+ TM if they wanted to play airsoft, even if it was a spring shotgun.

I actually own a DE M1014 that is starting to show is age (not firing 3BBs all times, handguard not keeping aft when cocked, stock moving) but is my favourite replica and the one I use most, both in CQB and woodland...

I am sure I am getting a new tri-shot M3, but the question is: Is TM quality worth the difference?

TM M3 (long) is 220€ and the MS short copy 70€... as both have the same plastic internals, will TM give me more durability?

In theory the original japanese internals will be better than the chinese copy, but as price is 3times bigger maybe is better 3 chinese copies...

Alright, $450? Are you serious? Why would you buy that???

Because Canadian laws are lame and make it illegal to buy an airsoft gun from the States so we have to buy from people who have PAL licenses to import the guns in and mark them up usually 2.5x for highend and 4x the price for cheap clones. My Spas 12 was shipped from Ehobby to Quebec and then its shipped to me so the gun probably only costed me maybe around 400 but I got killed on the shpping. Btw this is not the full stock one but I am planning on buying a Ktw stock. I recently bought an ICS Galil ARM and it costed me $630 and that was on sale for $100 dollars left. Brand new G&P m4's and m16 sell for like $700-$900 dollars here

Edited by Devo11