to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Rukus

Good, Cheap M16 stand-caps?

I need a few extra magazines for my new M4, I can't seem to find quality ones that fit my budget. The only ones I found that were quality were Magpul magazines ($15 each!!) that were much too expensive considering I need to get 5-8 of them. Anyone know of somewhere where I could get about 5-8 mags for about <$40?

Please move to Airsoft Accessories - Magazines and Clips

Edited by Rukus

Elaborate on "stand-caps"; do you mean the magazine is the shape of the 30-round magazines, or do you want real-cap mags that only hold thirty rounds to emulate realism?

If the former: +1 on MAGs; light, can hold a hundred rounds, can feed with no problems through high-speed setups, and most of all, they're cheap. Used ones are likely found in sets, but get snatched up quickly, so keep your eyes peeled on the BST sections on different forums including this one.

STAR plastic midcaps are cheap, too, but I can't comment on how they compare with MAGs. My brother had a few HK416 real-caps from them, and they fit and feed fine on my lipo'd KWA, so I personally assume they're playable. Good luck finding them, though, as they're mostly discontinued.

Edited by EchoRecon3

+2 on the MAG midcaps. Mine perform flawlessly once they were broken in.

I have owned STAR 30rd mags and was not impressed with them. This could have been due to the fact that I didn't break them in though.

Both of these mags retaile for about $7 a piece brand new and can usually be found in boxes of 8 for around $50.

Please also limit bumps in the non B/S/T threads to 48 hours if your thread has been inactive.

Edited by airborne101

By stand-caps I mean stardard caps (30 round magazines). Also, the only MAG magazines I can find are 8 100 round midcaps, so I tried googling "MAG airsoft, MAG magazines, MAG Airsoft manufacturer" and couldn't find anything. Could someone link me to their site?

Edited by Rukus

You could put yourself into the habit of placing ~35 rounds into each midcap (a few extra to compensate for those loose BB's that won't feed and drop out when the mag is released).

Edited by EchoRecon3