Sign in to follow this  
LazyLama

Hop Up Upgrade Help

I'm about to do my very first upgrade on my very first AEG.

AEG: Jinggong T3 RAS

6.08mm/506mm Inner barrel (Probably 6.08mm)

8.4v 1500 mah Stock Battery

v2 Gearbox

Plastic Bushings

Parts to be upgraded: Hop up Chamber, Hop up Bucking & Nub

Hop up Chamber: N/A (I'm not yet sure about this). Suggestions would be appreciated

Hop up Bucking: FireFly/Prometheus Soft Type Bucking?

Hop up Nub: Suggestions?? (Well the prometheus bucking comes with a free nub, Which brand sells H shaped nubs?)

You're hop up chamber is good as is, you don't need a replacement. However, I believe it's the same type as AUGs, and G&G M14s, though I may be wrong, don't purchase one until you know.

The bucking, Like I said on your other post, get a KWA 2GX, PDI W Hold, or Firefly bucking, use the stock nub, or get a Firefly Buffer Rubber. It's a little expensive, but well worth it.

When installing these special buckings, make sure that they are centered in your hop up chamber. Make sure they are straight, and even try to slide a bb through the hop up chamber, under the bucking to be sure it is centered in the barrel.

Second, the KWA 2GX bucking, while great, doesn't work so well over 450fps, so you may be better off using a PDI W Hold bucking if you ever want to go higher than that. I started to have problems giving enough hop to my bbs after 470fps using this hop up bucking. The fins just don't apply enough pressure to the heavier bbs to give them enough hop to go the extra distance that a normal bucking, or the PDI bucking could do.

star_folder, do you use the KWA/PDI buckings with or without the internal mound?

Results with the FireFly nub are good with other brand buckings as long as the mound is shaved off, but I'm wondering if you're getting better results with those particular buckings, mounds intact?

Firefly Buffer Nub + moundless bucking > all other bucking combos I have tried. However, for many people it is hard to remove the inner mound from a bucking in such a way that is is all smooth without destroying the bucking, so I don't usually suggest it.

However, for the KWA 2GX bucking, I got better results using the Firefly Nub than with the standard nub. My believe is that because the KWA 2GX bucking has fins, like the Firefly bucking, the more contact these fins are able to make with the bb, the more accurate the shot will be. With the PDI bucking, I've gotten similar results with both standard nubs and Firefly nubs, so it doesn't seem to make a difference of which nub you use.