airborne101

Miscellaneous Internal Tweaks Guide

This thread will be a collection of guides designed to help you maximize the performance out of your gun. The guides will be created over the summer and this list will slowly be updated. Stay tuned for shimming, Angle of Engagment correction, piston head o-ring modification, tappet plate modification and other guides to be posted up. This is a work in progress so stay tuned. If you have a modification that you do to your gun, feel free to make a guide (with pictures/video if possible) and see it added to this guide.

Accuracy
Star_folder: Flat Hop
Star_folder: Barrel Stabilization
Hunterseeker5: R-hop Installation Manual

Compression
Star_folder: Compression Tests
Star_folder: Teflon Taping a Cylinder Head
Cardboard Box: Piston O-Ring Stretching
Star_folder: Sanding the Tappet Plate
AKAKman: Polishing of a AEG Cylinder & Cylinder Head
Noobie: Cylinder Head Tip / Nozzle Seal Mod

Gearbox
Star_folder: Radiusing the Cylinder
Star_folder: How to Pop the Anti Reversal Latch
BigEd: Reinforcing the Gearbox using Metal Tape
Star_folder: Correcting Angle of Engagment
Webster XC#23: Guide to Gearbox Polishing
Suzaku: AEG Hair Trigger Guide

Other
Collat3ral: DIY Shock Transfer System
Hyudryu: Soldering Deans Connectors
major9: Quick Guide on Motor Takedown/Repair/Re-assembly
vanevery: Hop-up Unit Fix - Broken Center Gear Post
Hunterseeker5: How to Calculate Rate of Fire With Certain Parts

jroble95: FPS/Kinetic Energy Chart

Edited by airborne101

If there is noone yet who's going to make any of these points, then I'd be happy to do them when my exams are over (in 2.5 weeks).

Piston head O-ring stretching

Swiss Cheesing

Bushings and gluing them down

So if I may do any of these, then please PM me which I may do. :a-grin:

We're doing this as a first come first serve style, so, when you get the time, make your guide, and one of the mods will add it to this list. Be sure to be clear, and take good pictures. We won't link a guide if it is hard to understand.

I'll probably be tackling AoE tonight, depends on how tired I am when I get off of work.

Yep. PM me or Star folder and we will get the guide up here if it is good. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take good pictures (not blurry) or video. Some people understand better by reading, others by looking the pictures or video.

Currently myself, Sf, and major9 are working on this, however we welcome all input. If you have a mod that you do to your gun. please feel free to make a guide for it and link me to it. This is just a list of all the mods that I know. I am sure there are more out there.

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/g...ications-23385/

Not everything you can do, but a good amount of stuff you can do.

We know, there are may places that you can find guides on how to do a great many things. We are wanting to collect all this data into one place, and have it all housed in this forum, instead of linking to others.

I believe MikeOD made a guide on shimming bevel/pinion first style. You could just post up the video, as he explains everything in it. http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F...h?v=1F0zpkmNux4

I also found a good AoE video to go with whatever one of you writes, as I'm don't have the means to write it myself as of now. It's from DisguisedEnemy on ASM. http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F...h?v=fNo8Go0Gd5c

Edited by The Jam

I'm going to do the Sector Clip guide if I can go to Lowes tomorrow for the brass tubing. Maybe shaving the tappet plate.

EDIT: my sector gear already has a built-in sector clip, I may need to borrow a friend's gun.

Edited by Messinator

I got get working on the cylinder polishing guide...I'm assuming its just as the title says...polishing the cylinder? I will get it up today or tomorrow hopefully.

Hey guys I had a quick question about increasing the length of my inner barrel. I have a KWA M4 with a 363mm Prometheus inner barrel and a slightly upgraded hop-up. I recently got a mock silencer to be able to insert a longer inner barrel, but am first wondering how much of a difference it will make. I find myself often barely missing some people in the distance, because my bb drops right before it reaches them. I feel like upgrading to a 509mm inner barrel will increase that extra range I need. How much further and accurately will my bb travel after putting in the longer inner barrel? Are there any additional upgrades needed for this extension? Thanks.

They can pretty much be applied across all gearboxes. Some may need to be tweaked slightly for different gearbox designs, such as the DIY Shock Transfer System which is designed for the V2 (but you wouldn't really need it for any other design)