to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Rukus

1st BDU/ACU...help?

Hey everyone, pretty soon I'm going to pick out my gear for my first ACU and I have no idea where to start. I'm just going to post what I need and maybe I could get some basics explained?

I need something to hold about 3-5 magazines for my Echo 1 E90, a sling for my E90 that is good for a lot of running around/climbing, and something with 1-2 grenade pouches (looking into dried pea nades), since my primary area is a desert area near a rive with dark brush I think MTU would be the best colors for it.

I'm basically looking for a light recon kit. I don't know how much stuff costs, but I'd like the whole thing to be about $80

Hey everyone, pretty soon I'm going to pick out my gear for my first ACU and I have no idea where to start. I'm just going to post what I need and maybe I could get some basics explained?

I need something to hold about 3-5 magazines for my Echo 1 E90, a sling for my E90 that is good for a lot of running around/climbing, and something with 1-2 grenade pouches (looking into dried pea nades), since my primary area is a desert area near a rive with dark brush I think MTU would be the best colors for it.

I'm basically looking for a light recon kit. I don't know how much stuff costs, but I'd like the whole thing to be about $80

Firstly, the title is very misleading. You are not asking for what BDU's (Battle Dress Uniform), you are asking for an entire loadout. ACU is generally referred to as a color and not as an article of clothing.

These are all separate items. Slings come separate from vests which come separate from BDU's. There is no way, unless you buy used surplus or cheap chinese :a-censored: that you will find an entire loadout set for under $80. My vest alone cost me $120. I also have no idea what MTU Camo is, and I would suggest MultiCam as a camo. However, due to your cost constraint, I would suggest simple Coyote Tan.

I'm sure that you could find what you are looking for for under $80, but you will not be making the right choice.

Just my 0.02.

NO ACU is an article of clothing. It stands for Army Combat Uniform. The camo pattern is UCP or Universal Camouflage Pattern. For some reason many people either fail to realize this, or just don't want to call it UCP for some reason. But I agree with his suggestions. Its going to cost more than $80 though.

Edited by Wildman

PM'd.

BTW, <AT>themarshallproject, ACU stands for "Army Combat Uniform" the camouflage pattern you are referring to is actually called UCP, or universalcamouflage pattern, but is commonly referred to as ACU due to it's usage by the army as it's primary camo scheme.

Edit: Sorry, Wildman posted his reply while I was writing my response. Didn't mean to repeat him.

Edited by jy#83

NO ACU is an article of clothing. It stands for Army Combat Uniform. The camo pattern is UCP or Universal Camouflage Pattern. For some reason many people either fail to realize this, or just don't want to call it UCP for some reason. But I agree with his suggestions. Its going to cost more than $80 though.

That's why I said "ACU is generally referred to as a color and not as an article of clothing. " Hence the acronym ACU, and the reason why I used the word generally.

Sorry if I came off a bit brash, I just don't like being misquoted.

Edited by TheMarshallProject