to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
Rukus

"Boneyard" question

I was looking at the boneyards and airsoft GI and evike and was informed that sometimes working display models get thrown in there sometimes at a great discount. Is there any way to tell which ones are display models and which ones are legit broken? If there is I could pick up a moderate AEG for my sister.

Nope. You could try calling them, but I'd be looking at common models as those are the easiest to get parts for. Sometimes the gearbox is demolished, sometimes a wire came loose.

I'm not sure about the evike boneyard, but the Airsoft GI boneyard doesn't seem like a good deal to me. They sell their broken/non-functioning AEGs for only $10 or so less than they retail for new.

There are only a few retailers that offer any info on their boneyard stuff. Airsplat, airsoftmegastore, and kapowee. The others do not list that info, and when you call them, they will not check it to see what is wrong with it.

I only buy Boneyard M4's. This is because I have tons of Version 2 stuff, and I find them pretty ez to work on. Boneyard buying is a gamble, and sometimes it really bites you and you end up with junk.

If you do not have skills as a tech, then I would not recommend buying Boneyard.

Is that just for instore? or is it online to?

In-store, unfortunately. Over there, you can also see why the item is broken; they scribble symptoms on test-firing papers and on the boxes they're in, or you can test it out yourself.

It's a wide range of problems that they never tell you online. I've found MP5k's that merely had semi-auto problems, M4's with bad wiring, and some uncommon replicas that merely had a small, proprietary external part snapped off. And those are only the ones that need the least work...

Edited by EchoRecon3

Unfortunately, this is the dilemma you face when buying a boneyard gun. Like SHWELL said, you could get a gun that has maybe wiring issues or something easy like that and get a steal, or you could just get something where literally everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.

I usually buy from ASM for boneyard buys. They seem to have the most informative descriptions.

There are only a few retailers that offer any info on their boneyard stuff. Airsplat, airsoftmegastore, and kapowee. The others do not list that info, and when you call them, they will not check it to see what is wrong with it.

Trinity Airsoft also provides statements as well as pictures that describe what is wrong with their boneyard products. But I didn't know about those other ones.

Either way, I'm not tech-gifted in any way, so I can't buy from boneyards that give no description.

So if I were to get this:

Airsoft Mega Store BONEYARD-DBoys M4 RIS AEG

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/BONEYARD_D...G_p/by-1919.htm

BY-1919-2.jpg

Does that mean that the grenade launcher shown works and everything in the pic comes with it? It says "Functionality: Non-Functional: issues with hop-up". So I assume things like the metal body, RIS, outter barrel, etc are all good?

So if I were to get this:

Airsoft Mega Store BONEYARD-DBoys M4 RIS AEG

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/BONEYARD_D...G_p/by-1919.htm

Does that mean that the grenade launcher shown works and everything in the pic comes with it? It says "Functionality: Non-Functional: issues with hop-up". So I assume things like the metal body, RIS, outter barrel, etc are all good?

That's a BOYI LPEG, so it does not have a metal body.

I would try contacting them either by email or by phone, and they should tell you the full description of the problems. Also, I don't think that they can legally tell you that nothing else is wrong if that isn't true, but I don't know business laws and whatnot. Either way, it seems like a good deal to me, and money can easily be made by fixing these and re-selling them.