to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
heathovc

007 Golden Gun Project (easy)

A couple days ago was free guns day at BB Airsoft. All you had to do was go in and yell "FREE GUNS!" This was one of the 5 guns they gave away. Initially I thought I'd never have a use for it and thought it would be crap. Boy was I wrong. One of them said paint it gold...I thought of the golden gun in Goldeneye for N64 LONG ago.

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for what you do to your gun. This is merely a suggestion for modification and should only be done by those experienced in repair and modifications. Do only at your own risk.

It started out as an HFC M7.65 Model in silver with that gawd awful orange tip. Screw warranties, this can't be repaired if it breaks anyway. The wood-like grips did not match the silver.

hfcppk.jpg

Surfaced with sand paper to get rid of rough edges from casting the plastic and the orange paint edge. I sawed off the threads because the original Walther PPK didn't have a suppressor. I took all the insides out so they won't get gobbled with paint. Ready for priming.

hfcppk2.jpg

Primed and ready for gold paint!

hfcppk3.jpg

Painted but I decided I'd take some PTFE tape and put around the poor edges of the gas cylinder where it might cause a leak to originate. Then I put some electrical tape around the PTFE tape to secure it. Put all the parts back in and screwed it together.

hfcppk4.jpg

Put the wood-like grips back on and pulled off the painters tape (hard with gold paint) from the ejector port (on the real-steel). IT LOOKS AWESOME! I had no idea how much win this would have!!

Final product! Yes, I know the circled P is still there...it would be too much work to fill it in and smooth it out.

hfcppk5.jpg

Edited by Heath

Awesome! Now you'll be able to get one hit kills... oh wait...

But forserious that looks pretty cool, how does it shoot?

Well, we get 1-shot kills anyway, but I look good doing it. With .12s that it came with, it's HORRIBLE, but what isn't with those? Stuck some .25's in there and it is relatively accurate at 15 meters (10/11 within 8" circle). 236-242 fps with .25s. In comparison with my KJW M9 blowback, it gets 300 fps with .25s.

Run around an airsoft game with the Goldeneye theme song playing on some headphones :P

GOOD IDEA!! or go airsofting in a tuxedo, that's teh lols...

That was actually really well done. Congrats.

Thanks :D I thought of doing a little derringer in gold too.

Edited by Heath

Cool, I already met a Bond fan. The golden gun it very square. Also, one shot, reload. The one-round mag slides in from the back. Do you play any Bond games like Goldeneye 007 Wii? Just wondering. BTW, taking off the orange is illegal.

Edited by mp3d

Cool, I already met a Bond fan. The golden gun it very square. Also, one shot, reload. The one-round mag slides in from the back. Do you play any Bond games like Goldeneye 007 Wii? Just wondering. BTW, taking off the orange is illegal.

Taking off the orange is illegal if you plan to sell it in retail, which I'm not in the business of doing. Not to mention, it voids warranties. Since I know how to repair my own guns, I don't give a crap about warranties. I don't play wii games, but I did like the Nintendo 64 Goldeneye. The "Golden Gun" is not available, so I took a classic Bond gun (the PPK) and made it golden. It's also 1 hit kill semi-auto with reload after 11 shots. WINNING!