Sign in to follow this  
J-man

Need help from the sniper Gurus

Well I got a UTG L96 I bought from a freind. Loaded up with .3s Shot it. After a few shots and seeign where I need to place the reticle for 70 and 150 foot shots I noticed one thing.

No hop.

I Tore the Entire Gun apat (to get to the unit) and lo and befold the its a stock hopup unit and I belive a stock bucking. HAd ITs arm broken.

If I ask what im askign whats the Best Bucking and hop-up chamber I can get for the price STATESIDE to Fix it? IT beats out Stock Clones now but (already has a Sear set I think guarder). a MAdbull 6.03 barrel and 3 PDI Spacers and a Upgraded to 535 FPS on .2s, (on .3s I get 475fps with a +/- Varience of no more then 6 fps.)

I love this thing to death but it needs some help so I can USe the hop-up without having to Walk bb's out Past 160 feet (there they seem to Curve Terribly.)

Well I got a UTG L96 I bought from a freind. Loaded up with .3s Shot it. After a few shots and seeign where I need to place the reticle for 70 and 150 foot shots I noticed one thing.

No hop.

I Tore the Entire Gun apat (to get to the unit) and lo and befold the its a stock hopup unit and I belive a stock bucking. HAd ITs arm broken.

If I ask what im askign whats the Best Bucking and hop-up chamber I can get for the price STATESIDE to Fix it? IT beats out Stock Clones now but (already has a Sear set I think guarder). a MAdbull 6.03 barrel and 3 PDI Spacers and a Upgraded to 535 FPS on .2s, (on .3s I get 475fps with a +/- Varience of no more then 6 fps.)

I love this thing to death but it needs some help so I can USe the hop-up without having to Walk bb's out Past 160 feet (there they seem to Curve Terribly.)

The stock hop-up unit on the L96 is horrible in my opinion. I highly suggest getting a PDI hop-up chamber. It is the best anywhere that you will be able to find. You can even order it from a stateside retailer:

http://www.Airsoftatlanta.com/PDI_VSR_10_H...ber_p/64000.htm

Contact Leapers and explain the situation. You can get a new unit/bucking for next to nothing.

As far as aftermarket units go, go with the HP unit for best price/quality mix. I have one I might sell you. PM me if interested.

Little old, but tux, does the hp unit work with stock or aeg barrels? I was looking at the pdi chamber from airsoftatlanta for $70. Not bad, and aeg barrels are quite a bit more common. The inner barrel is 499 I believe, so its just a matter of finding one close enough to that. Most I find are 5-10 off, though I imagine that could be delt with easy enough.