Sign in to follow this  
PresidentofAsia

Battlefield 3 DEVs used airsoft guns for reference

It was a dev video for Battlefield 3 and skip to 3:06 and you'll see a whole bunch of airsoft guns on the wall including the cm028a, jp FAMAS, ak74u krinkov, cyma m14 socom and possibly an AGM hk416 and much more

Awe-sooommeeeee.

Black Ops did the same, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that other CoD's did the same. Honestly, why wouldn't you use a quality airsoft gun to base the game models off of? They're a fraction of the price of a real steel replica and video game designers very rarely need to see the guts of a rifle (MGS4 is the only video game I've seen to go into detail beyond the ejection port).

Play modernwarfare 2. The magazines in the pouches are airsoft mags. They have the little hole and that is it. Best place to see it is the last level when you have the knife in your chest. Look at the mags on your chest and you can easily see they are not real steel mags haha.

Black Ops did the same, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that other CoD's did the same. Honestly, why wouldn't you use a quality airsoft gun to base the game models off of? They're a fraction of the price of a real steel replica and video game designers very rarely need to see the guts of a rifle (MGS4 is the only video game I've seen to go into detail beyond the ejection port).

I would say in COD4 they definitely did. How else would they call an AK Beta (which is ONLY an airsoft gun) an AK-74U? lol (that still bugs me to this day ha ha)

Guest m1991 covert operations

The M16 variants in the COD series are an example. The M16s in the COD series have grey recievers. I only know of one gun with grey recievers. They are probably based on the JG Armalites.

Edited by m1991 covert operations

The M16 variants in the COD series are an example. The M16s in the COD series have grey recievers. I only know of one gun with grey recievers. They are probably based on the JG Armalites.

Love BF3. I'd been playing battlefield since the first to Bad Company 2. Actually I showed this game to a marine buddy of mine and he had to put it down because it was just that realistic.

http://images.wikia.com/callofduty/images/4/4e/GunWall.png

The above link is a picture of a wall of airsoft guns that Treyarch used to design the Black Ops weapons. Funny how they got the carry handle backwards on the L85a1.

any one notice on bad company 1 and 2 the ejection port on some if not most guns were on the left side instead of the right side? most noticable is the 416. when I first saw it like 2 years ago I was like WHAT

Call of Duty: Black Ops software developers used airsoft guns for reference material too.

-Stay safe

any one notice on bad company 1 and 2 the ejection port on some if not most guns were on the left side instead of the right side? most noticable is the 416. when I first saw it like 2 years ago I was like WHAT

Two words: Counter Strike.

It could be that they were lazy to model both sides of the gun so when you want to have the option to switch from left to right, the gun is just mirrored on the other side.

That's how it is on CSS too. :a-laugh:

http://images.wikia.com/callofduty/images/4/4e/GunWall.png

The above link is a picture of a wall of airsoft guns that Treyarch used to design the Black Ops weapons. Funny how they got the carry handle backwards on the L85a1.

I'm happy to see a military AUG A1 there... and they're keeping the AKS 74u. Good. Also saw a famas in the video, another gun I like. Yay! I'd get it if it wasn't so expensive :( I"ll probably get Bad Company 2 since its really cheap now that BF3 is coming.

and they're keeping the AKS 74u.

too bad both COD and battle field have that gun catorgorized as a sub machine gun...

and because this thread is about battle field I just went 56 and 32 on one match on BC2 with total score of 19 thousand something... 6 thousand of them were combat points lol off topic but its a great game.

It could be that they were lazy to model both sides of the gun so when you want to have the option to switch from left to right, the gun is just mirrored on the other side.

That's how it is on CSS too. :a-laugh:

I must say, it bothers me to no end on CSS with the m4 having the ejection port on the wrong side. That and pulling the forward assist. Anyways, that isn't too particularly suprising with them using airsoft, since it's so much cheaper.

It always bothered my friends that the guns in CS and other games that the gun was essentially "backwards" but consider this in CS; if you ever had issues in the game where you had to go into 'hardware mode' the gun was magically in their left hands? CS designed the guns with left hands in mind in order to show you the 'right' side of the gun, as it has more detail. However, switching to the right hands just mirrors it over to the other side, hence why the gun is 'backwards'

too bad both COD and battle field have that gun catorgorized as a sub machine gun...

Thank you, finally someone who agrees with me!!

and because this thread is about battle field I just went 56 and 32 on one match on BC2 with total score of 19 thousand something... 6 thousand of them were combat points lol off topic but its a great game.

Haha, nice. I haven't played that game in a while. This thread definitely makes me think about doing it.

PP