Sign in to follow this  
JJ_DK_ZERO

Clone Vs. Real Deal

Hey guys,

I'm looking into purchasing a new rifle platform with upgrading in mind. I'm pretty set on the VSR-10 model, but I'm uncertain about which kind I should buy. The Tokyo Marui or a clone (JG Bar-10). Knowing that the Bar-10 is a clone of the TM Vsr-10, and will accept same upgrades etc. But does the TM version have an advantage (structurally, durability and so on) compared to the JG? Or are we actually just paying for the brand?

Thanks for the help.

JJ_DK_ZERO

tokyo maruis are well built and have better quality control. the parts of it like are overall made with better quality materials vs a clone. I think the hopup is where it makes the marui good, but if you plan on replacing almost every part, then go for the jg.

I'd still stick with TM even if I were to upgrade it completely.

JG lost that QC and is rushing the products.

They are not to the spec of the TM perfectly.

I'd still stick with TM even if I were to upgrade it completely.

JG lost that QC and is rushing the products.

They are not to the spec of the TM perfectly.

Not to the spec of the TM perfectly? What do you mean? everything has the same dimensions as the TM version.

From what I see, if you plan on upgrading the gun completely, then the only difference would be non-performance factors. The only thing that would be different would be the stock, the outer barrel, and the receiver. The outer barrel and receiver on the JG are both fully metal, and the stock on the JG model is so nice that you wouldn't even want to replace it.

However, unless you plan on upgrading everything soon after you get the rifle, I would always recommend the VSR over the BAR.

Not to the spec of the TM perfectly? What do you mean? everything has the same dimensions as the TM version.

From what I see, if you plan on upgrading the gun completely, then the only difference would be non-performance factors. The only thing that would be different would be the stock, the outer barrel, and the receiver. The outer barrel and receiver on the JG are both fully metal, and the stock on the JG model is so nice that you wouldn't even want to replace it.

However, unless you plan on upgrading everything soon after you get the rifle, I would always recommend the VSR over the BAR.

Small fitting problems that doesn't really required to be shaved unless you are pushing it for precision shooting.

That 1/10 of a mm counts :a-wink:

Small fitting problems that doesn't really required to be shaved unless you are pushing it for precision shooting.

That 1/10 of a mm counts :a-wink:

By fitting problems... You mean the receiver and outer barrel? I see no fitting problems, even after replacing all the internals.

Where did you get this information from?

By fitting problems... You mean the receiver and outer barrel? I see no fitting problems, even after replacing all the internals.

Where did you get this information from?

Alignments of the internals.

It was on arms-cool.net (Pure good Asian stuffs :) )

I'll try to find the post, it was a while back.

But it doesn't really matter if you are just going to shoot people.