Sign in to follow this  
MK17H

VFC SCAR-H Jaming Up

My VFC Scar-H frequently jams up, in the barrel, or it gets backed up and several bb's will fly out at a time. Or occasionally a bb will roll out and go about 30ft and just drop to the ground (this problem here predominately happens on semi-auto when they drop after 30ft, but it does happen on full-auto as well.), and others will fly normally. I recently sent it in to ASGI to get repaired for this problem, in which they did not fu**ing fix and I'm incredibly angry, but that's a wholenother story. But they did replace the hop-up unit and bucking, and I heard it's a myth that hop-up units and buckings needed to be "broken-in" so I'm sure that can't be the problem. I do have a tightbore in there at 6.03mm, and I use high end bb's which are supposed to prevent jamming with tightbores. I cleaned out the barrel so that isn't the issue. The hop-up has been turned down and that's not the issue for jamming. I'm stumped on what the problem could be, if anyone knows I'd appreciate some feedback! It could possibly be my mags over feeding because they have powerful springs inside. If someone gives more feedback about this then I'll look into the mags, but I still believe it's the gun, because when I first bought it, it worked perfectly, with the same mags.

I had the same trouble with my VFC SCAR-H. Multiple BBs feed, many of which go a few feet and then an occasional shot that goes far. I tried various buckings to see if that would help. It did not. Systema, guarder, madbull will not fit as they are thicker than the VFC bucking. . The VFC hop chamber is a smaller diameter so you need to use the stock VFC bucking. The stock bucking is soft and BBs are pushed past with stiffer mag springs. I switched to mid caps and this made a huge difference. I still get bad feeds for the first 10-15 rounds. This has improved as the mags have broken in . I just received a Firefly and W Hold bucking and will try these as well.

BTW, what length barrel did you use? My stock barrel is 340 mm and no one makes one in that length.

Edited by Soylent

When I sent it in for repairs from Airsoft GI, they replaced the entire hop-up unit and put the bucking on as well. The hop-up unit they used is the stock VFC one, and it came with a bucking which I'd assume is the one you both are talking about. And the barrel that I'm using is a Prometheus 300mm 6.03 tight bore.