to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
gotmilk24

Good sniper rifles?

Alright, so im wondering what are some good snipers to get. Im looking to ones that don't have to be completely upgrading, I would like to upgrade only lightly. My budget is about $220. Thanks. Oh and I'm looking at the Echo 1 M28, is that good?

I'm not totally sure what you mean by your 220$ budget.. is 220$ with upgrades? Or just the gun itself?

For 220$ total, I'd say..

I'd say the UTG L96 and a new hop up chamber (PDI chamber) is one of my top picks for ~220$. Next I'd say maybe like a A&K SVD but I'm not really sure what kind of upgrades there are available. For some reason I feel like I heard they don't have aftermarket parts..

For 220$ plus some more for upgrades, I'd go with a TM VSR G-Spec. With just a few upgrades, you can get an extremely reliable and relatively accurate/powerful gun.

But uhm idk about that Echo 1 gun.. never used it or anything..

-Connor :a-famerican:

a&k svd can only take new barrel, bucking, and spring. MK96 is my best bet, its amazing. Echo1 m28 is supposedly mostly upgradeable, but some parts need modification, or are proprietary.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by your 220$ budget.. is 220$ with upgrades? Or just the gun itself?

For 220$ total, I'd say..

I'd say the UTG L96 and a new hop up chamber (PDI chamber) is one of my top picks for ~220$. Next I'd say maybe like a A&K SVD but I'm not really sure what kind of upgrades there are available. For some reason I feel like I heard they don't have aftermarket parts..

For 220$ plus some more for upgrades, I'd go with a TM VSR G-Spec. With just a few upgrades, you can get an extremely reliable and relatively accurate/powerful gun.

But uhm idk about that Echo 1 gun.. never used it or anything..

-Connor :a-famerican:

Sorry, I meant I'll buy a very good base for a budget of $220, that you don't have to buy can upgrade it. I've heard good things about the UTG MK96, is it good even stock? Also how heavy is it, I had a Bar 10 which I sold(im not looking to buy it again) but it was very light weight, I'm looking for something with decent or heavy weight, but no to heavy. Also, how about the Snow Wolf M24?

Sorry, I meant I'll buy a very good base for a budget of $220, that you don't have to buy can upgrade it. I've heard good things about the UTG MK96, is it good even stock? Also how heavy is it, I had a Bar 10 which I sold(im not looking to buy it again) but it was very light weight, I'm looking for something with decent or heavy weight, but no to heavy. Also, how about the Snow Wolf M24?

stick with either the l96 or vsr-10. for your budget, UTG Mk96, PDI chamber, madbul barrel, and PDI bucking.

stick with either the l96 or vsr-10. for your budget, UTG Mk96, PDI chamber, madbul barrel, and PDI bucking.

Ehh, im not really looking into the vsr-10, I haven't really heard to much about it, but maybe the MK96. But how about the snow wolf m24? I really like it and I've only seen great things about that gun too.

Edited by gotmilk24

Ehh, im not really looking into the vsr-10, I haven't really heard to much about it, but maybe the MK96. But how about the snow wolf m24? I really like it and I've only seen great things about that gun too.

lol if you havent heard too much about vsr-10's, then you arent reading enough on the forum XD. its one of the most popular and trusted sniper systems in airsoft. as for the SW m24, im pretty sure its the same as the JGW m24. it isnt 100 percent aps2 compatible. follow my advice, stick to the UTG Mk96.

Edited by sniperx2s

lol if you havent heard too much about vsr-10's, then you arent reading enough on the forum XD. its one of the most popular and trusted sniper systems in airsoft. as for the SW m24, im pretty sure its the same as the JGW m24. it isnt 100 percent aps2 compatible. follow my advice, stick to the UTG Mk96.

For the vsr-10, I've heard plenty about it, but what I was trying to say was that locally most people go with the clones. Do you know any other models other than the vsr-10, and jg-bar 10 that are good? I mean models M24 models, but if not im going for the MK96

Edited by gotmilk24

For the vsr-10, I've heard plenty about it, but what I was trying to say was that locally most people go with the clones. Do you know any other models other than the vsr-10, and jg-bar 10 that are good? I mean models M24 models, but if not then im going to go for the MK96

Edited by gotmilk24

For the vsr-10, I've heard plenty about it, but what I was trying to say was that locally most people go with the clones. Do you know any other models other than the vsr-10, and jg-bar 10 that are good? I mean models M24 models, but if not then im going to go for the MK96

VSR-10 is basically the same as the bar-10 except made by TM so its better performance wise and more importantly miles ahead in durability. That makes it a great base for upgrading into powerhouse. VSR-10s are the base for some of the best rifles youll find. UTG mk96 on the otherhand will have more power at the start but isnt as reliable in the long run as its still a UTG. Still not bad though, Id go with one of the two. Id stay away from other brands as they are newer so they will have less parts for them in most cases and are lesser known so will get less help on the forums.

To be honest, your question was pretty much answered in the general discussions forum that you posted about snipers. Basically you had the best budget base and I would bet you sold it before even breaking it in. These guns need to be fired a lot or meticulously cleaned before they preform as a stock gun should. And judging by the discussion earlier no stock gun is going to preform where you want it to for under 220$ without upgrading right off the bat.

The bar 10 would have been about 150$ or so to get where you wanted it but you need to dig into it.

A utg mk96 is a great gun, but stock it's not that great. I just got a brand new one in and the thing is laughable stock. The bbs go everywhere your not aiming past 60 feet. But the good news with this gun is if you take it apart, all the way apart, you can clean it and diagnose small errors that really hinder the gun. For me my bucking was a little off center and the hop arm was contacting the bucking with uneven pressure. I filed down the hop arm, cleaned everything about 6 times, and resembled it abbot 10 times as that was what it took to get thing perfectly in place. Vie only had about 5 shots with full hop before I had to go to work. But so far its perfectly streight(then straight up as far too much hop). S this gun can be good right from the box if your willing to do a little tweaking and thinking. I will have my final word tomorrow when I really get to try it out. Should have some decent bbs by then, ATM I'm working with airs plat .25s

For out of the box all around great sniper, you will need to spend more money. Tokyo marui make great guns, but keep in mind as a japan based manufacture they are limited to a low fps. Low fps means your going to get lit up when your in range. So again you will need to order the gun with upgrades installed.

For the high end of your budget I would buy This gun From airsoft gi. They take a utg mk96 and do all the mods you want to do to the gun and its ready to go right from the box. Check out the link, check out the video. Really not a bad gun for the money. If your not comfortable going inside your own gun too far, this gun will be a good stepping stone. Note that this gun is not perfect, but from YouTube reviews its really not a bad deal.

To be honest, your question was pretty much answered in the general discussions forum that you posted about snipers. Basically you had the best budget base and I would bet you sold it before even breaking it in. These guns need to be fired a lot or meticulously cleaned before they preform as a stock gun should. And judging by the discussion earlier no stock gun is going to preform where you want it to for under 220$ without upgrading right off the bat.

The bar 10 would have been about 150$ or so to get where you wanted it but you need to dig into it.

A utg mk96 is a great gun, but stock it's not that great. I just got a brand new one in and the thing is laughable stock. The bbs go everywhere your not aiming past 60 feet. But the good news with this gun is if you take it apart, all the way apart, you can clean it and diagnose small errors that really hinder the gun. For me my bucking was a little off center and the hop arm was contacting the bucking with uneven pressure. I filed down the hop arm, cleaned everything about 6 times, and resembled it abbot 10 times as that was what it took to get thing perfectly in place. Vie only had about 5 shots with full hop before I had to go to work. But so far its perfectly streight(then straight up as far too much hop). S this gun can be good right from the box if your willing to do a little tweaking and thinking. I will have my final word tomorrow when I really get to try it out. Should have some decent bbs by then, ATM I'm working with airs plat .25s

For out of the box all around great sniper, you will need to spend more money. Tokyo marui make great guns, but keep in mind as a japan based manufacture they are limited to a low fps. Low fps means your going to get lit up when your in range. So again you will need to order the gun with upgrades installed.

For the high end of your budget I would buy This gun From airsoft gi. They take a utg mk96 and do all the mods you want to do to the gun and its ready to go right from the box. Check out the link, check out the video. Really not a bad gun for the money. If your not comfortable going inside your own gun too far, this gun will be a good stepping stone. Note that this gun is not perfect, but from YouTube reviews its really not a bad deal.

Thanks for the great reply, I do understand what you mean how stock guns perform, and I wont be leaving it stock, I was going to put a medal piston, an upgraded spring guide, tightbore barrel, and mabye new hop-up bucking. When I had the bar-10(which I just sold), it didn't really feel like it could be better. It felt light(I like it heavier), it was also not the best stock and had to be totally re-done to be good. The UTG MK96 on the other hand, I've read countless reviews on how great it is and how its very accurate, even in stock form. I'm probably going to go with the MK96, because of its popularity of having parts right away when you need to get them. BTW I would never use .25 bb's for a sniper, thats probably why the shots were so inconsistent. At the least use .28 because Iv'e never heard of anyone with the MK96 having shots going everywhere.

Thanks for the great reply, I do understand what you mean how stock guns perform, and I wont be leaving it stock, I was going to put a medal piston, an upgraded spring guide, tightbore barrel, and mabye new hop-up bucking. When I had the bar-10(which I just sold), it didn't really feel like it could be better. It felt light(I like it heavier), it was also not the best stock and had to be totally re-done to be good. The UTG MK96 on the other hand, I've read countless reviews on how great it is and how its very accurate, even in stock form. I'm probably going to go with the MK96, because of its popularity of having parts right away when you need to get them. BTW I would never use .25 bb's for a sniper, thats probably why the shots were so inconsistent. At the least use .28 because Iv'e never heard of anyone with the MK96 having shots going everywhere.

Get a stock TM VSR or AWS then be done with it.

It's only like $100 more.

It has the highest accuracy out of every stock BASR...

And if you want to, get a TK Twist Barrel.

The only upgrades that you mentioned that actually improve performance are the TBB and bucking....

Since you were talking about accuracy....I'm just going to say this.

It takes money, time and experience to build a precision rifle......

It only takes money to build a sniper rifle.....

For real....how many more "which gun" thread do we need to see...

We've written like...over 9000 posts on which gun is better and bla bla bla...

It's not that people don't want to help....

It's that you should ALWAYS look at previous threads before posting

Edited by EDI 1st

Get a stock TM VSR or AWS then be done with it.

It's only like $100 more.

It has the highest accuracy out of every stock BASR...

And if you want to, get a TK Twist Barrel.

The only upgrades that you mentioned that actually improve performance are the TBB and bucking....

Since you were talking about accuracy....I'm just going to say this.

It takes money, time and experience to build a precision rifle......

It only takes money to build a sniper rifle.....

For real....how many more "which gun" thread do we need to see...

We've written like...over 9000 posts on which gun is better and bla bla bla...

It's not that people don't want to help....

It's that you should ALWAYS look at previous threads before posting

I looked for the AWS and could not find it anywhere, im already planning to get the MK96 and then I will learn on from there

Thanks for the link, I'll look into it, and what do you think looks better for all L96's, the olive green or black? For the green the screws kind of stand out, but not on the black which I like(sorry im kind of indecisive)

Thanks for the link, I'll look into it, and what do you think looks better for all L96's, the olive green or black? For the green the screws kind of stand out, but not on the black which I like(sorry im kind of indecisive)

Black, as I love the extra tactical look.

Black, as I love the extra tactical look.

Yeah that want I think im going to get, also because I wear tan and olive doesn't really blend in with that.

Also, im going to get the MK96 for my final decision and im wondering if I should buy the madbull ver.2 precision inner barrel for it?

EDIT:Well I order it :D

Edited by gotmilk24

Since your going with the mk96 you should not get the Madbull barrel for it. Th barrel itself is fine, but it uses the stick hop up system which is garbage. Mine needed to be removed and filed down after taking clay imprints inside the bore of the hop unit. Turns out it wasn't pressing evenly on the bb causing some massive curve, this was due to a bad. Mold or some sloppy machine work or whatever. End result it was slightly canted off. Some tedious trial and error and filing with a jewlers file fixed the problem, but your still left with a bad bucking design and cheap parts that provide very limited adjustability.

So end result get a pdi hop up for this rifle. Not only is it very much more adjustable, but as well it provides you limitless options I buckings and barrels as it uses aeg parts. This is pretty much the best first upgrade as the stock durability and fps is fine. Later on if you need more power the leapers upgrade kit is only 35$ or so, spring guide piston and spring included.

And my issue is not directly with bad bbs. Yes they are not the best, but if your hop up is applying uneven pressure to a bb, the result is sidespin and that just won't do. The #1 issue you will be easily able to fix with your new gun is the excess grease everywhere, particularly in the barrel and in the hop up unit. Clean these out and you will see a big difference. This is a noted problem with utg mk96s

I'm not sure why you were saying you were having problems finding parts for the bar 10 compared to the mk96. The mk market is Improving but the bar market is saturated.

Just keep in mind the advice here when in a week you get your gun and its shooting curveballs.

Edit, also it sounds like you really just prefer the look of the mk over your bar. That's fine, you don't need to spit out reasons. Its the same reason I have a l96clone, I don't want t be using a hunting rifle in an airsoft game.

Edited by Karr

Since your going with the mk96 you should not get the Madbull barrel for it. Th barrel itself is fine, but it uses the stick hop up system which is garbage. Mine needed to be removed and filed down after taking clay imprints inside the bore of the hop unit. Turns out it wasn't pressing evenly on the bb causing some massive curve, this was due to a bad. Mold or some sloppy machine work or whatever. End result it was slightly canted off. Some tedious trial and error and filing with a jewlers file fixed the problem, but your still left with a bad bucking design and cheap parts that provide very limited adjustability.

So end result get a pdi hop up for this rifle. Not only is it very much more adjustable, but as well it provides you limitless options I buckings and barrels as it uses aeg parts. This is pretty much the best first upgrade as the stock durability and fps is fine. Later on if you need more power the leapers upgrade kit is only 35$ or so, spring guide piston and spring included.

And my issue is not directly with bad bbs. Yes they are not the best, but if your hop up is applying uneven pressure to a bb, the result is sidespin and that just won't do. The #1 issue you will be easily able to fix with your new gun is the excess grease everywhere, particularly in the barrel and in the hop up unit. Clean these out and you will see a big difference. This is a noted problem with utg mk96s

I'm not sure why you were saying you were having problems finding parts for the bar 10 compared to the mk96. The mk market is Improving but the bar market is saturated.

Just keep in mind the advice here when in a week you get your gun and its shooting curveballs.

Edit, also it sounds like you really just prefer the look of the mk over your bar. That's fine, you don't need to spit out reasons. Its the same reason I have a l96clone, I don't want t be using a hunting rifle in an airsoft game.

Crap, I ordered the gun with the barrel, hopefully I can cancel the barrel, but someone here suggested the madbull barrel and plus when I saw it on airsoftgi's website 2 of the reviews that were both 5 star said it increased accuracy, and I read on a forum here that it is excellent because someones L96 it increased it dramatically. This barrel I want says specifically, (for UTG MK96), and im pretty sure it can use the PDI hop-up. Also, I went to the L96 look because I couldn't find a decent gun other that the bar-10/vsr-10 that was an M24, but L96 is sweet .BTW what color do you think looks the best? Are the real ones black because thats what I got?

Edited by gotmilk24

I went with black because airs plat was selling them for 119$ or so. Best deal I found. I plan on painting it tan with some accents like I did on my savage mk2. Since I play outdoors in a desert, it will be the best color.

The barrel itself isn't bad at all. And yes it will be a good upgrade. But no, it will not work with a pdi hop up unit. The pdi hop up uses aeg style barrels where as the stock utg uses its own specific cut barrel.

When you put that barrel in just make sure you clean the hop up unit well, they come with a lot of grease all over it and it really hinders accuracy. With some solid tinkering you can make that gun and barrel combo work very well, but don't give up if its not perfect from the start.

I have not seen any, but maybe someone has mad a new bucking for utg hop ups. That would help a bit.

I went with black because airs plat was selling them for 119$ or so. Best deal I found. I plan on painting it tan with some accents like I did on my savage mk2. Since I play outdoors in a desert, it will be the best color.

The barrel itself isn't bad at all. And yes it will be a good upgrade. But no, it will not work with a pdi hop up unit. The pdi hop up uses aeg style barrels where as the stock utg uses its own specific cut barrel.

When you put that barrel in just make sure you clean the hop up unit well, they come with a lot of grease all over it and it really hinders accuracy. With some solid tinkering you can make that gun and barrel combo work very well, but don't give up if its not perfect from the start.

I have not seen any, but maybe someone has mad a new bucking for utg hop ups. That would help a bit.

Ok thanks, it's to late for me to cancel the barrel so I'm just going to do some research on some nice hop-ops that can go in it

um....you add a picture....

He can't really use the pdi hop up unless he buys another new barrel and since he just bought one, I don't imagine he wants another.

I just got my .36 gram bbs today. A little more barrel twisting and some hop up tuning later and it's making some nice long shots. Finally after long hours tinkering things are leveled out. I feel now I can see the limit of the stock barrel though it isn't horrible.

My mods have just been free ones. Teflon cylinder, Teflon piston head screw, spacers for the inner barrel, shaved hop up arm, great stuff'd the stock, degreased then greased the gun. Etc etc.

Before I change out to the pdi unit and a new barrel I will try to mod the stock hop up similar to the aeg guys do flat hop.

He can't really use the pdi hop up unless he buys another new barrel and since he just bought one, I don't imagine he wants another.

I just got my .36 gram bbs today. A little more barrel twisting and some hop up tuning later and it's making some nice long shots. Finally after long hours tinkering things are leveled out. I feel now I can see the limit of the stock barrel though it isn't horrible.

My mods have just been free ones. Teflon cylinder, Teflon piston head screw, spacers for the inner barrel, shaved hop up arm, great stuff'd the stock, degreased then greased the gun. Etc etc.

Before I change out to the pdi unit and a new barrel I will try to mod the stock hop up similar to the aeg guys do flat hop.

Lol, this may sound stupid, but I'm getting this stuff even though I have never modded a gun before. So the barrel was $35 And mabye it will help so I can learn the basics with the snipers I stead of buying allyhe pro stuff right away and not knowing how to use the stuff yet and waste all the money.