to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
azulueta

G&P SR25 DMR Final Stages

Hello everyone.

[WARNING CONTAINS MULTIPLE PHOTOS; SOMEWHAT PICTURE HEAVY]

I have finally received my G&P SR25 back from the Gunsmith who was ordering me scope rings to fit the scope I ordered as the rings were 1" 1/4" I believe.

He already attached to scope for me but I have a mind to possibly scoot it up.

The scope is: Bushnell Trophy XLT 1.5-6x 44mm 4A Reticle 30mm Tube Short/Medium-Range Rifle Scope

I also apologize as I said I would have my Effective Range Results in as well. Unfortunately there is a big front moving into my area and the winds are in excess of 25mph+.

I will brief you on its results I attempted later.

The Gun: G&P SR25 Old Version.

It was purchased by a person back in 2004 I believe, about a year after this Airsoft Replicas' debut.

It is in near perfect condition externally. I was able to purchase the receiver off of this gentleman for an unfortunate very high price of close to a RS Colt M4 due to the gun's rarity but it was only the Lower Receiver as I had to purchase the G&P SR25 Rail set off of Red Wolf which, lucky for me, was the last one they had in stock for another huge chunk of cash. But I plan on having this gun even afterl I graduate from the University, I.e. quit airsoft.

In any case, I attempted these photos despite poorly lit conditions and it was rather quickly as I am trying to get a trench dug for some water pipes before it rains.

SANY0064.jpg

SANY0068.jpg

SANY0073.jpg

SANY0075.jpg

SANY0076.jpg

I apologize for my legs being caught in one of them.

Performance

FPS using Goldenball 0.20g: 551fps

FPS Deviation: +/- 0 FPS and +/- .3 FPS If you include the tenths place

Range: Unknown

Effective Range: 350 feet+

Internals:

• Prometheus 6.03mm 590mm TBB
  • Flat Hop
  • Prometheus Neo Strike Chamber
  • Deep Fire V4 Air Nozzle Metal
  • KWA Cylinder head V2
  • KM PSG-1 Cylinder
  • Systema PSG-1 Piston Modified
  • Guarder SP150 PSG-1 Length (AEG Terms: SP160-SP170)
  • Systema Spring Guide with Bearing
  • Systema Trigger Housing
  • Systema Cutoff Lever
  • Systema AR Latch
  • Classic Army SR25 Standard Torque Up Gears
  • Systema Shims
  • King Arms 7mm Bushing
  • G&P M180 Satan Motor
  • Extremefire SW-Jaguar AB Mosfet
  • Wired to Deans
  • Prometheus Ported Piston Head
  • Elite 11.1v 20C 2600mah Nunchuck Battery (Deans)
  • Blank
  • Blank

Externals:

• G&P SR25 Rail Set
  • G&P SR25 Receiver
  • G&P M16/M4 Grip
  • TM M16 Stock
  • Bushnell Trophy XLT 1.5-6x 44mm 4A Reticle 30mm Tube Short/Medium-Range Rifle Scope
  • Unknown Brand 1" 1/4" Scope Rings
  • Blank
  • Blank

Modifications:

I performed all the modifications I was able to in order to gain my compression and protect my gearbox and ultimately gun life.

I could go through the entire list but that will just take up more room.

If you really want me to list them all out I have them written down I can add them during an EDIT.

I did custom fit my Air Nozzle to my Cylinder head as I knew it was a place of constant compression loss if not taken care of.

Tested the Deep Fire Air Nozzle with the following Cylinder heads: Echo1, CA, TM, Systema, KWA, G&G, G&P, and it sealed very tighly against the KWA; hence why I chose it for now.

________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a 'Rough' list of the modifications in their raw form. I wrote them down awhile back and have not edited them neatly or anything sorry its kind of bleh :)

1. Lightly sanded tappet plate front for better seal of air nozzle into hop up chamber

2. Used Dental floss to seal the bucking

3. I noticed that if you rotate the bucking 90 degrees, that slot where the bucking has an arm that slides into that slot...will have a HUGE air leak (hard to describe sorry). So I put electrical tape there as it was thin and durable. I blew through the barrel and got perfect compression.

4. I put some Chap stick on the bucking and slid it into the hop up chamber to help guide it in and seal a little bit better. It was very snug. Tested again no air loss.

5. Sanded down the Buffer nub numerous times and used nail clippers on it and then finally after it looked good inserted it into the Neo Chamber and put O rings on some of the gears to prevent hop up creep and a washer on the screw.

6. I q tip cleaned the air nozzle to get all the gunk off the inner o ring and a lot came off....lots of blackness :) so then I used some O ring grease I got from the hardware store and lubricated the cylinder nozzle and rubber the air nozzle back and forth on it and it sealed perfectly.

7. I found silicone caulk that one could remove but would also seal after 24 hours. I can remove it if I want but it seals otherwise. At first I tried using a lot but it got into the cylinder and made me mad so I cleaned it out and barely put some on and it sealed the cylinder nicely along with the cylinder head's O ring.

8. I noticed the air nozzle rotated and did fun stuff on the tappet plate. So I used Loctite on the tappet plate and tried to attach the Air nozzle to it then quickly attach that to the cylinder head in the gearbox to mold it into place....I didn't get it together in time and it molded a little bit off. I fixed this by letting the gearbox cycle once and it freed the air nozzle BUT something amazing happened. The Loctite on the air nozzle acted like a mold. Now when you place the air nozzle onto the tappet plate it snaps into place with NO movement so will always be in the same position when it returns to let a bb in which increases more consistency.

9. I then took a brand new 14# O ring from the hardware store and heated it on a cylinder until the cylinder started turning black from the O ring burning a bit (or until warm but the black part worked better). The O ring got much bigger once cooled and washed. It was a little difficult getting it back into the cylinder but once in it was beautiful. I put a little oil on it. (Silicon).

10. I polished the cylinder with silicon oil and dried it off with a cotton swab. Then I applied some of that O ring grease lightly to the cylinder enough to lube but not cause any issues.

11. I q tipped cleaned the entire inside of the hop up chamber

12. Q tipp cleaned the entire cylinder head assembly

13. I used the real steel cotton cutouts for barrels you can buy a bulk pack from wal mart and ran silicon oil on the barrel once and the rest were all dry swabs that I will use to get rid of the excess as the silicon oil would collect dirt. I will use water from now on until the next overhaul to clean the barrel.

14. I used Teflon tape and shimmed the barrel using chap stick to lubricate it and it was very very snug, it actually came up once but I re did it and used more chap stick and voila. I left off the barrel clamp but it was so snug as it was.

15. I lightly greased the gearbox with GP gear grease. I shimmed both sides of the gears so that they weren't just meshing with each other good but also had 0 play. When you flicked them with the gearbox closed they would rotate for a while on their own.

16. Required and installed the Extreme Fire AB Mosfet SW-Jaguar

17. Used the special motor screws to install the motor an adjusted its height.

18. lubbed the bearings on the spring guide

19. Closed it up, screwed it in evenly on the gearbox

20. Q tipped cleaned all the nozzles for my magazines so allow better bb flow.

There may have been a bit more on another sheet of paper but this is a good start.

________________________________________________________________________________

Performance test:

Unfortunately with this huge storm front moving through I was unable to get optimal data as I mentioned earlier about the weather here.

However I did take it into a somewhat enclosed area of the woods and tested it on a tree that was approx 118yards away according to the Rangefinder. [Approx: 354 feet]

I was able to hit this tree around 6/10 shots but with blustery wind.

Whenever the weather clears up I will fine tune the hop up to the scope and more accurately pick a smaller target with a piece of paper and take pictures.

For now this is all I have is the data presented.

What Next?

Well I owe pictures of my effective range on a better day than today as well as its results.

I also I am not to keen on the spring that is currently in my gearbox for stress purposes.

I trust the G&P V2.5 Gearbox but as a friend told me, "It will either make it to the moon and back or it will break immediately. But if I had to guess, it will probably make it to the moon and back"

Regardless I will be radiusing the gearbox next time I open it up but due to the warm weather and the fact that I will only play two games this summer; I will be fine. That and the Poly-carbonate PH and CH will help absorb a lot of the shock for now and I am not taking many shots anyways. I will take the current gamble.

It has only seen under 10 engagements the past 7 years the previous person owned it.

I also may move the scope forward a bit, to center it, I could use some thoughts on that. It has nearly 4 inch Eye Relief so I am not too worried. It should be where its most comfortable for me, but I just wanted a little input on this.

Thanks for reading my post and especially to my good friend Star. We bounced a lot of ideas back and forth on the Flat Hop mod until we finally got even better results than before before he made the thread.

Edited by soccer77

Ah, darn, I'm glad to see how well it's all come together for you. lol, but, to be honest, I'm kind of jealous you got the gun finished before my L85.

But either way, I can't wait for that storm to clear so you can post up the results of what the flat hop can do in a finely tuned DMR. You've definitely built a gun that will take that hop up and fly with it.

Wow. I'm speechless. I think this gun should be the poster child for "The Holy Grail of DMR's" .

Thank you.

I appreciate the kind words.

That guide has helped me in a great many ways as I am sure it has others.

I don't think I can live up to Vindi's high standing but again, thanks, it feels good to have months worth of a project gun to come together.

Ah, darn, I'm glad to see how well it's all come together for you. lol, but, to be honest, I'm kind of jealous you got the gun finished before my L85.

But either way, I can't wait for that storm to clear so you can post up the results of what the flat hop can do in a finely tuned DMR. You've definitely built a gun that will take that hop up and fly with it.

Hah, I am sure it won't be too long before I see your thread anyways!

Definitely looking forward to seeing the L85's performance as well.

I know...I really hope it stays gone for awhile.

According to weather.com it should be low winds and sunny this Friday, so I will try to head to deep woods for this test.

I always hate sighting in the scope the most more than working on the internals due to facts like: you can have the hop up maxed out and the bbs look low but they are actually fairly high but the scope is just not adjusted.

Basically I like to sight it in with no scope with the Iron Sight and make sure its getting that far then put the scope on there. I may do that this time depending if I feel like it. Regardless, it will be a good day. Just need the bug spray.

Due to an influx of PMs and requests on different forums as well as this one, I will add some of the modifications that I can remember. They are in their rough form mind you and I have not had time to pretty them up nor word them better.

Apologies.

But, they have been added.

Bahh! IHU. Lol J/K! But im wanting one of these to make a DMR. Once I get the cash, im going to look for one of these, and if I cant find one, then a RS SVD. But I would WAYYYY rather have the G&P SR25! Good Work Sir!

BTW, can I steal your pic and use it as my desktop picture?!?!? Haha!

Edited by Behave

What a beautiful gun with performance to match! If only I had some $500 lying around...I might actually try to compete. Best DMR I have seen in a very long time. Simple, clean, yet very effective.

Nice write up on the compression mods as well.

-Major9

Thank you for the kind words.

I am glad I finally completed it after such awhile of working on it.

I feel you, I am hurting a bit right now financially, college doesn't help exactly.

The G&P version is defiantly to die for and a very impressive performer.

It took me forever to find someone selling the original version.

I agree on its performance.

Helluva nice job. What bb weight were you using? I assume .43's. Are you using your own custom flat hop nub or the Firefly Buffer Rubber?

I was using 0.40g.

The Bioval 0.40g is the best heavy weight bb of 0.30g++ IMHO besides BB Bastrd which has VERY expensive shipping.

Though Star has had very impressive results with Guarder 0.40g.

With the Flat hop, bb quality may not play "as" much into it as before so that Madbull/King Arms/ and other OEM heavy weights are.

Bahh! IHU. Lol J/K! But im wanting one of these to make a DMR. Once I get the cash, im going to look for one of these, and if I cant find one, then a RS SVD. But I would WAYYYY rather have the G&P SR25! Good Work Sir!

BTW, can I steal your pic and use it as my desktop picture?!?!? Haha!

Well thanks! I hate you too....

Seriously though, be patient when looking for it.

The G&P SR25s that you find on websites for like 600-800$ are usually the 8mm G&P Gearbox Version and use a standard V2 gearbox with an extra long Air Nozzle; very similar to the G&G SR25 version.

The Original versions with the 7mm Elongated Gearbox is the one I imagine you are looking for. Those are held on tightly by their owners and usually sold once in a blue moon.

I believe their production began in 2003 and ended shortly thereafter, the original owner of mine purchased it in 2004.

Good luck on obtaining this.

Thank you for the kind words.

I am glad I finally completed it after such awhile of working on it.

I feel you, I am hurting a bit right now financially, college doesn't help exactly.

It took me forever to find someone selling the original version.

I agree on its performance.

I was using 0.40g.

The Bioval 0.40g is the best heavy weight bb of 0.30g++ IMHO besides BB Bastrd which has VERY expensive shipping.

Though Star has had very impressive results with Guarder 0.40g.

With the Flat hop, bb quality may not play "as" much into it as before so that Madbull/King Arms/ and other OEM heavy weights are.

Well thanks! I hate you too....

Seriously though, be patient when looking for it.

The G&P SR25s that you find on websites for like 600-800$ are usually the 8mm G&P Gearbox Version and use a standard V2 gearbox with an extra long Air Nozzle; very similar to the G&G SR25 version.

The Original versions with the 7mm Elongated Gearbox is the one I imagine you are looking for. Those are held on tightly by their owners and usually sold once in a blue moon.

I believe their production began in 2003 and ended shortly thereafter, the original owner of mine purchased it in 2004.

Good luck on obtaining this.

Welcome to the G&P SR25 DMR Club. Two things. Switch to the URX as it is far prettier, and beware of compression issues. The G&P SR25 air nozzle is metal and much longer than any other SR25 air nozzle. Also keep some spare piston heads as the seal sucks.

Mine was shooting a good 575 before I had to bring it down to play with it at the local parks. Have fun with it.

EDIT: I see you've already overhauled your internals. Good man.

My Suggested Scope Mount

Edited by Ahmad

Welcome to the G&P SR25 DMR Club. Two things. Switch to the URX as it is far prettier, and beware of compression issues. The G&P SR25 air nozzle is metal and much longer than any other SR25 air nozzle. Also keep some spare piston heads as the seal sucks.

Mine was shooting a good 575 before I had to bring it down to play with it at the local parks. Have fun with it.

EDIT: I see you've already overhauled your internals. Good man.

My Suggested Scope Mount

Well thanks for the invite?

Is there T-Shirts?

Anyways, the URX uses the V2 gearbox based like the G&G Sr25 with a proprietary long air nozzle and spacer to compensate for not having the V2.5 gearbox. And the fact that the Original G&P Sr25 is a Unicorn :) is why I bought whereas the current G&P Sr25 which can be seen by looking at the white trades whereas the old is Gold, uses the V2 gearbox with extra long air nozzle.

The G&P SR25 URX is actually going to be my next project....well...it was.....the girlfriend/fiance said that there is no difference between the CA SR25 URX and the G&P SR25 URX other than "Words" (Trades) which isn't worth the 379$ vs 560$

So.....my hands are tied....I will be going with the CA SR25 URX. I am already broke from just obtaining the G&P Sr25 itself as it was well over 1000$ for just the bodies and some stock parts.

Though I am not sure if the CA SR25 URX uses a proprietary air nozzle or did they actually just keep it all standard V2.

Hm....I wonder if the CA-25 gear box can fit in the G&P

Yes it can.

At least to the original version.

I am not sure if the new CNC V2 G&P Sr25s have enough room for them or not.

Update:

Took the gun out today to sight in the new scope.

On the 3x setting, I was able to hit an Oreo Container target 10/10 at 300 feet though I had a bunch of sets of 10 where I scored lower, a 7/10 and a 4/10.

There was a bit of wind, but the main issue is, I did not really have the gun rested on anything/do not have a bipod yet/I am not used to the gun/and I was a little shaky towards the end of the sighting process.

Used about 300rds or so to ensure consistency.

Bottom line, when I matched my shots to my breathing and really focused and took my time, it was 10/10.

I plan on posting up a groupings picture as time goes on as I want to get used to this Airsoft-Replica first in order to obtain an accurate grouping.

At its current fps, inside of 300 feet its a guranteed 1 shot your out especially on a man sized target using 0.40g, so at that distance even, you will feel it

The bbs do go past that mark into 350feet + but I plan on messing with that bowl of punch on a different day as I had quite a bit to do today and I was rushing to beat the wind before it picked up.

I imagine in 300-350 feet ++ it is needed to increase magnification as this is airsoft and not a Real Steel...as when I had my M16 DMR I was able to hit 9/10 on a tree the width of a Sorority Girl (Very thin....) but its scope began at 6x. Though the SR25 is more consistent with its shot spread.

Yes it can.

At least to the original version.

I am not sure if the new CNC V2 G&P Sr25s have enough room for them or not.

They do. Or at least my XM110 did, and it had the 8mm standard V2 GB. Honestly, if someone wanted a G&P SR25 build with an elongated GB I'd just suggest getting one of the new ones, selling the G&P GB, and buying a CA or A&K elongated GB shell and putting it in.

Edited by league 4

They do. Or at least my XM110 did, and it had the 8mm standard V2 GB. Honestly, if someone wanted a G&P SR25 build with an elongated GB I'd just suggest getting one of the new ones, selling the G&P GB, and buying a CA or A&K elongated GB shell and putting it in.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Hmm I thought about doing that but..

1. I wasn't sure if it would fit 100%

2. I wanted the Original Version of the G&P not a new CNC looking version as I wanted the "collectors version" xD

Edited by soccer77

Update: I plan on installing the Elongated H-Hop with modified barrel/hop up unit soon enough, though I will be lowering my fps for this as 551 fps with 0.20g will most likely produce excessive backspin that I don't have the bb weight to counteract.

I will hopefully get a chance to get results with it as well.

It has been a very dry summer for me airsoft wise, lots of real world stuff to take care of, I haven't even been to a game yet....the most I have done is tech work and sighting the SR25's scope to 300 feet and then I packed the stuff up and called it a day.

So my apologies to not producing a lot of pictures on various groupings and such... :( The weather here in Illinois has been no help either; I don't mind heat, but I really don't care for humidity.

Yea...I've been having issues with the weather in SoCal.....

On one side....there's the Santa Ana wind....

On other side...there's the wind coming in from the ocean....

The ONLY place that I can find suitable for zero-in the scope for 300ft is in the Santa Ana River.

The place is DEAD dry but then....it's a river....

I don't want to have people scared or something....

Or Maybe...I'll just go to the field and and sit and wait for the wind to die and pull the trigger in that one tiny gap.....

idk....AWS takes like a whole week to ship their stuffs, I'm waiting for the gear switch/sensor

Update: I plan on installing the Elongated H-Hop with modified barrel/hop up unit soon enough, though I will be lowering my fps for this as 551 fps with 0.20g will most likely produce excessive backspin that I don't have the bb weight to counteract.

I will hopefully get a chance to get results with it as well.

It has been a very dry summer for me airsoft wise, lots of real world stuff to take care of, I haven't even been to a game yet....the most I have done is tech work and sighting the SR25's scope to 300 feet and then I packed the stuff up and called it a day.

So my apologies to not producing a lot of pictures on various groupings and such... :( The weather here in Illinois has been no help either; I don't mind heat, but I really don't care for humidity.

Very, very nice rifle. I've always been a fan of SR25's and this is one of the better ones I have seen.

Can I ask what laser rangefinder you use? I have been looking at picking one up, but want to do it as cheaply as possible while still maintaining accuracy. The good news is the cheaper ones seem to be more accurate at lesser distances since they seem to lack at longer distances without a good reflective surface. I may end up paying more as it would be nice to use this for real steel shooting as well.

Have you had any volunteers to take some hits at various distances to see how the impact is felt at the extended ranges?

+1 on the higher power scope. Totally not needed for typical uses(accuracy in real steel rifles) but for airsoft it is great for tracing the flight path of BBs, and who doesnt like to see which way a target is looking before shooting them? haha

Oh the range finder?

Well its a Cabela's Range Finder but I don't know which one as its part of my lady's father's hunting gear that we use.

I asked what kind it was and all my lady knew was that she said her dad had spent around 350$ on it so, that's all I got for you.

I have measured how distances with an engineering tape measure that you can get for like 15$ and its around 300 feet in length and its right on with the range finder.

Does that help?

Just trying to get a basis for cost when buying one. I have been using a walking wheel/meter that rides the ground to measure distance. Unfortunately like the tape it still means you have to walk it out. With the wheel slight discrepancies can occur from bumps and hills adding slightly more distance, though really I have never questioned the accuracy, I would just rather use a laser haha.

I imagine your lady is a decent shot, since shooting her is probably out of the question, next time you take the rifle out how about taking a few shots from her at 300ft? that seems to be a good benchmark for a great distance and I would be curious to see how it feels out there.

What did you make your flat hop nub out of?

I used the FireFly Hard Buffer Nub and the KWA 2gx bucking because it was thinner than most buckings and blah blah on my theories on why I chose a thinner one as the theory I can toss around isn't really relevant.

The point is it worked well.

Age got the Madbull Blue to work well I believe?

Copy and paste this into the build off thread! :a-wink: aaaaand GO!

Yeah that would be loads of fun! But I am judge for that competition and I felt like this Airsoft Replica received enough attention and I would rather see other players build awesome replicas than have my own in the competition as I am all for the expansion of this sport.

I don't think I will field this Airsoft Replica much though as its worth too much seeing how rare it is :) [Yes you will have noticed by now I am a G&P SR25 fanboy, so please forgive me.]

I appreciate the comments though! It felt awesome to finally finish it.

Soo...currently working on the oh so fun ER-Hop so I can lower its fps to 450 fps with 0.20g so I can use it at more games and still be able to effective use 0.40g.

I want to use heavy bb's for brush penetration, stable shots against the wind to an extent, and so the numerous cheaters in my state will actually call their hits. I do play safe though and I have never aimed for any head's. I prefer thighs because I have found in my "tests" that it hurts the most there.

The gearbox also needs to be radiused as well when I open it back up. [Too lazy to do so now].

Just Updating:

I used the SR25 at a big 2-day event and on the second day half way through it stopped firing.

Took it apart and that 45$ Systema Aluminim Piston blew up on its last tooth.....AOE was great too =/

In any case, I am not going to spend 45$ for a new one, ironically the only "strong" 19 tooth piston is the SHS one for L85/SR25 V2.5GB and I got it for 12$ all metal teeth.

So while that is underway I went about working on radiusing the gearbox then college hit...with a new policy: Inspections that will occur randomly for weapons and animals =/ wtf..I talked to the Manager and head manager they didn't have a problem with my Airsoft Guns but it seemed they were too close to "real fire arms" they said so they couldn't allow them.

So now I can't even work on my own airsoft guns as I almost never go home and the other tech for our team is wanting to leave airsoft to an extent so I can't use his place.

Sadly, I am forced to send my gun away to another tech =(. I trust him its just, this is my baby and I have done all the work to her so far as you have seen above.

In any case, it will have the completed ER-Hop when its done and we'll see how that fairs especially in my test of Flat vs ENP vs ER-Hop.

Sorry guys...guess the only work I will be doing in my room is my Engineering Homework..

_____

EDIT:

On the note of the piston blowing up, it was aluminum and I had checked AOE.

I want to say that it may have been the force from the spring but I can't be sure.

It has a Guarder PSG-1 SP150, so in terms of regular AEG length it would be around SP160-170 or M180 type spring. Maybe it just needed metal teeth =/

Or maybe I somehow suck at AOE correction :p...yeah...it was good.

Thoughts?

Edited by soccer77

Just Updating:

I used the SR25 at a big 2-day event and on the second day half way through it stopped firing.

Took it apart and that 45$ Systema Aluminim Piston blew up on its last tooth.....AOE was great too =/

In any case, I am not going to spend 45$ for a new one, ironically the only "strong" 19 tooth piston is the SHS one for L85/SR25 V2.5GB and I got it for 12$ all metal teeth.

So while that is underway I went about working on radiusing the gearbox then college hit...with a new policy: Inspections that will occur randomly for weapons and animals =/ wtf..I talked to the Manager and head manager they didn't have a problem with my Airsoft Guns but it seemed they were too close to "real fire arms" they said so they couldn't allow them.

So now I can't even work on my own airsoft guns as I almost never go home and the other tech for our team is wanting to leave airsoft to an extent so I can't use his place.

Sadly, I am forced to send my gun away to another tech =(. I trust him its just, this is my baby and I have done all the work to her so far as you have seen above.

In any case, it will have the completed ER-Hop when its done and we'll see how that fairs especially in my test of Flat vs ENP vs ER-Hop.

Sorry guys...guess the only work I will be doing in my room is my Engineering Homework..

_____

EDIT:

On the note of the piston blowing up, it was aluminum and I had checked AOE.

I want to say that it may have been the force from the spring but I can't be sure.

It has a Guarder PSG-1 SP150, so in terms of regular AEG length it would be around SP160-170 or M180 type spring. Maybe it just needed metal teeth =/

Or maybe I somehow suck at AOE correction :p...yeah...it was good.

Thoughts?

Aluminum pistons w/o a full-steel rack are worthless. If you want an aluminum piston make sure it has a full-steel rack otherwise it will strip as fast as... never mind. But you get the point. I have had good luck with the Evike's in-house-brand Matrix aluminum pistons.

Well I am finally free, for now, of my burden of being an Engineering Student.

My good friend is finishing up the SR25 for me, as I mentioned early, because I have no time and they banned Airsoft Replicas in my living establishment.

But as soon as I get it back I can finally tune her up myself :) a bit, not sure how much I will miss between Major and myself though knowing him he will leave me with nothing to do :( I will have to break something...

Anyways.

As far as I know the gun is going through its final stages of work: SHS 19-tooth metal Piston (only one I could find having a full metal rack).

I will have my Neo Strike/Prommy barrel/Flat Hop as one setup and a G&P Hop up/Madbull barrel/ER-Hop to swap in and out until I find one that I prefer more. I plan to use Bioval 0.40g but will probably switch to BB Bastrd since they are more readily available and their quality is close to if not on par with Bioval's 0.40g.

Though the cold weather isn't my friend I will sight it in and my new projects as well hopefully in a few weeks. Though the DMR is capable of 350 feet + shots they aren't needed in this sport so I never use the Range Finder to tune that far I simply just compensate for the distance vertically like one would IRL ( sorry to bring up the comparison)

I haven't played an airsoft game since September nor posted so I felt like I should treat the sport a bit :)

I hope everyone is doing well this holiday season and all your airsoft Christmas lists get filled.

End up of gun project update.

Possible Future Goals: Find a better quality heavy weight BB, get compression lower than +/- 0.3 fps deviation.

Its been awhile so I have a slight update.

Again I hardly get on this forum anymore for multiple reasons: one being my goal of maxing out my DMR had came to fruition last summer with the 350 feet + shots (I never tested further but they kept going).

Anyways, Major9 who was working on this for me since my housing took a firm stance on my gun and I was running out of areas to work on it and time unlike what I had in the summer; ran out of time himself.

Therefore, I transferred it over to my good friend Star :) who I trust to do an excellent job.

My biggest regret is that I cannot continue to work on it myself...with Electrical Engineering continuing to consume myself I find myself with very little time.

The last airsoft game I attended was in September of last year :(.

In any case, the main point is; it will get finished up at some point.

What was happening was the ER-Hop being completed and tuned for it and I can finally test it against the Flat Hop as I have 2 different barrel and hop up configs.

Keep up the good airsoft tech work guys; sorry I can't join in at all anymore.

An Update.

The AOE is corrected, shimming is perfect :) compression should still be sexy.

Tuning the ER-Hop should be coming next :)