Star_folder

Summer Build-off 2011

Again. way too much effort put into pricing... Build a quality gun and go from there..

If you have owned the part for a while, then the cost is irrelevent. Mark the part as used.. no value..

Again. way too much effort put into pricing... Build a quality gun and go from there..

If you have owned the part for a while, then the cost is irrelevent. Mark the part as used.. no value..

This is good advice.

Well, I'm not doing this for a Budget Build. I'm going after my old trophy title from last year: 'Most Creative', or perhaps try to nab 'Biggest Show-Off'.

I was only asking because I didn't want to over-price my build while at the same time I didn't want to make this seem like a Budget Build when it clearly wasn't. Yeah, I'm just anal-retentive with details and following the rules.

What you said in the response to what asked was what I figured, Star Folder. For example, I bought 2 years back a large brick of Delrin that cost me $50 shipped, but I'm only using a small amount of that original block for my parts I'm fabricating. I was originally going to do some price-comparisons for given volumes of the plastic and then was going to apply the size-to-cost ratio for what amounts I've used.

Cripes, having Asperger's Syndrome and OCD can be burdensome...

Quick preview of a weapon I'm putting together and will hopefully have done in time.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/fcm...t/P7220001b.jpg

I'm also going to put in this custom built M16 I put together from parts with the purpose of being lightweight.

I never really expect to win, I just think of it as a gun show, but with more special looking guns. I don't really have anything unique to enter save for an MP5K.

Well I threw my hat into the ring with a M4 I just finished. I know many people may say, "Another M4, whatever." The rifle to me however is special, because I assembled it myself and took care in selecting every part that went into building it. I'm very proud of the end result, and I wanted to share that with others, and the build off is a great way to do so. While it may not be as unique as some of the other entries, it has plenty of soul in it.

I tried to be as descriptive as possible on the build process from start to finish, including things such as concept designs, how it came together, and interesting things about the rifle itself. I hope you guys like it!

Is it alright to post a customer/commissioned build? I own the gun currently... but it is being made to be sold. Could I enter it?

If it belongs to you at time of posting, then it is fine.

I just wanted to say yes, there may be few entries, but look at the bright side: All the entries have been top notch, and only ONE schmuck posted a comment in that thread instead of this one! :D

If I built up guns, I would make an entry, buuuutttt.... I don't. Maybe if I fix my L85 and soup it up ala StarFolder I will enter that! ;P

I'd enter if I had a chrono. Seeing as how I don't, I'm reluctant to enter mine as the only thing I have to go off of are my own estimations for ROF and FPS.

I just wanted to say yes, there may be few entries, but look at the bright side: All the entries have been top notch, and only ONE schmuck posted a comment in that thread instead of this one! :D

If I built up guns, I would make an entry, buuuutttt.... I don't. Maybe if I fix my L85 and soup it up ala StarFolder I will enter that! ;P

Xx-tekXx Just do a coke can chrono or something. Quantify the results with whatever means you have as best as you can. You can still throw an entry in.

Ace of Spades I was thinking the same thing. The competition is stiff this go around. I almost think we should add the category of Bad #ss one of a kind custom build hero.

SHWELL I am digging your Masada. Although it seems like a departure from your usual gun builds, it is kick *ss.

Renegadecow Those Anime guns are freeking awesome. :a-shocked: that's all I got

Add more entries people!!! If you have a gun, take a freeking picture and tell us how it came about.

I feel like people are afraid to enter if it is not some thing they think is spectacular. There is enough categories for anything to be competitive. At the very least, display your efforts. :a-salute:

Edited by GoLgo 13

I feel like people are afraid to enter if it is not some thing they think is spectacular. There is enough categories for anything to be competitive. At the very least, display your efforts. :a-salute:

I'm afraid to enter because people seem to hate when there are totally externally tricked out guns that don't have any internal upgrades. I don't know if my NAPAS or bucking will be here by the end date so that my gun isn't internally stock.

PP

That's how I feel. While my M4 may not be the best entry in the mix, I'm proud of it and It was great seeing my design come together. I plan on entering my M16 after I return from my trip.

Darn it, Soccer77 had to be a judge....that means no SR25 or even the 50 rps SR16 I built him :(

Just now saw this.

Yeah I wanted to judge others.

I feel like the SR25 has had plenty of attention :) and if it didn't win I would pout and be a sore loser because I am an SR25 as you may know I love stressing how rare the G&P one is xD

Thanks for the kind words though.

Golgo, don't worry, I have a Shwell gem in the works. Ran into some issues with parts, so It has been held up slightly. Masada is def not a normal build for me. It def wasnt as much fun as my usual builds.

Grrrr, AWS better fix my MOSFET fast....

Got it in a trade brand new not even opened but was somehow broken.

AWS is going to repair it for free, but then it's going to take like a month to get the MOSFET back...

Blargh, I wanted to compete against RC, but I've got over $500 in medical bills and will have NO free-time once my Drafting classes start, so I won't be submitting anything this Summer Build-Off. Dang it.

Blargh, I wanted to compete against RC, but I've got over $500 in medical bills and will have NO free-time once my Drafting classes start, so I won't be submitting anything this Summer Build-Off. Dang it.

Translation, "I saw Shwell's Masada and couldnt believe my eyes... Its Epicness knows no Bounds, so I gracefully bow out"...lol jk.... Next time man, the time will come soon.