Sign in to follow this  
Miles, killer

VSR 10 G-Spec Slam Firing

Okay so my VSR 10 G-Spec has been out of action for a while, I figured it was the sears but with me not playing airsoft for a while I decided against buying the parts straight away. Anyway I got a replacement piston sear the other day and put it in, however the gun is still slam firing, IT :censored2: fine but when I put the bolt forward it just shoots forward.

My Setup is a Marui VSR 10 G-Spec with the following:

Upgraded spring (First Factory 130%, the gun shoots at about 470fps - the site limit)

Laylax VSR 10 Piston

and a new PDI piston sear

Everything else is stock.

I will post pictures of the internals a bit later.

Thanks for your help.

Miles

Okay so my VSR 10 G-Spec has been out of action for a while, I figured it was the sears but with me not playing airsoft for a while I decided against buying the parts straight away. Anyway I got a replacement piston sear the other day and put it in, however the gun is still slam firing, IT :censored2: fine but when I put the bolt forward it just shoots forward.

My Setup is a Marui VSR 10 G-Spec with the following:

Upgraded spring (First Factory 130%, the gun shoots at about 470fps - the site limit)

Laylax VSR 10 Piston

and a new PDI piston sear

Everything else is stock.

I will post pictures of the internals a bit later.

Thanks for your help.

Miles

I think you matched a 90degree sears with a 45degree piston. If thats not the case, then the problem might be you matched PDI with Laylax piston.

I think you matched a 90degree sears with a 45degree piston. If thats not the case, then the problem might be you matched PDI with Laylax piston.

Why would mixing brands be a problem?

Heres Some images

Screen%20shot%202011-06-24%20at%2017.30.58.png

Screen%20shot%202011-06-24%20at%2017.31.40.png

Screen%20shot%202011-06-24%20at%2017.32.19.png

Screen%20shot%202011-06-24%20at%2017.32.33.png

Screen%20shot%202011-06-24%20at%2017.32.43.png

Screen%20shot%202011-06-24%20at%2017.32.51.png

The Old Piston Sear:

Screen%20shot%202011-06-24%20at%2017.31.53.png

Edited by Miles-1877

Your TRIGGER sear is cracked below the pin.

sort of like this, which happened to mine. ignore the arrow on the right.

crackedsear.th.png

Get a laylax trigger sear and that should fix the problem.

Well spotted, I'l see about getting a new trigger sear then.

Edited by Miles-1877

Yup. What kept happening was it bent my trigger sear so that it would barely hold up to pressure, holds fine when you're pulling back, then when you let go, there's just enough play that the piston sear slips. try to get the same manufacturer of the piston sear. Also, try to lube your parts to keep the wear down. it looks like there isn't any unless you cleaned it all off... moly lithium works with just a very very thin layer.

Edited by Heath

Yup. What kept happening was it bent my trigger sear so that it would barely hold up to pressure, holds fine when you're pulling back, then when you let go, there's just enough play that the piston sear slips. try to get the same manufacturer of the piston sear. Also, try to lube your parts to keep the wear down. it looks like there isn't any unless you cleaned it all off... moly lithium works with just a very very thin layer.

Cheers for the help, All the lube was wiped off while I was taking the pictures, I'l re lube it when the sear arrives and I put the gun back together.