Sign in to follow this  
heathovc

Well used Bar 10, fps not expected, 150SP

My bar 10 is 2.5 years old, and well used, actually, beyond well used. It is still awesome and shoots on target provided the hop bucking is in good shape. One thing, and I may have left it cocked for a few months accidentally... :a-angry: Took it all apart, relubed it, and did my normal cleaning routine. I just chronographed 10 shots at an average of 437 fps or the equivalent of a 130SP. I have a Laylax PSS10 150SP spring in there that is about 2 years old. Is it normal for them to wear that much after many thousands of shots or leaving it cocked for 2 months during hiatus? When I put the spring in 2 years ago, it chronographed at 510 fps, as expected.

By the way, Laylax NEO piston, trigger sear, and piston sear still look brand new 1 year after insertion and about 2000 more rounds. :)

What size o-ring does the piston take if you think it's the culprit? I have to go to the hardware store anyway to pick up a hex nut for the bipod.

Well most likely your spring being cocked for two months probaly adjusted the form of the spring causing the fps loss. You probaly need a new spring if you want 500 fps again. Also use thestock O ring, its a lot better.

Edited by alexthegreat050

I am using the stock o-ring. threw the NEO piston's o-ring away. When the stock one goes, which one do I get? I'll see if I can get a new spring. at least this gun works well with .25s and .30s which are my primary ammo. Cost effectiveness! :D

yeah I looked at the spring and it was kinda wavy, when my stock one is still straight. Thanks dude.

EDIT: took it apart, stretched the spring JUST a bit and bam. 447 with .25. Sometimes it will double feed though. but that's expected from this hop up's shape. Just need a replacement u-thing. lol.

Edited by Heath