to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
LazyLama

Teflon Tape

After reading a few DIY guides here on ASF, I've noticed that Teflon Tape can be very useful in simple modifications and are very cheap. So far, the only DIY MODs I know of are: Teflon taping your Barrel and Teflon taping your Hop. What are some other MODs I can do with Teflon Tape?

You can also Teflon Tape your Cylinder head....

See the thread that is in this area.

You can also teflon tape your air nozzle. I use teflon tape to stabilize my outer barrel.

An alternative to teflon taping the cylinder head and hop up bucking is to use non-permanent silicone sealant, but I'm not sure if it creates a better air seal than teflon tape does (I haven't gotten a chance to compare).

You can also teflon tape your air nozzle...

Just a warning, but this is a bad idea. Teflon is not a strong tape, only good for seal, and should not be using with moving parts. Having it with the air nozzle, it will either bunch up behind the air nozzle, possibly breaking your tappet plate, or it will blow chunks through your barrel, which can cause a jam.

Just a warning, but this is a bad idea. Teflon is not a strong tape, only good for seal, and should not be using with moving parts. Having it with the air nozzle, it will either bunch up behind the air nozzle, possibly breaking your tappet plate, or it will blow chunks through your barrel, which can cause a jam.

I would say that answers it. Teflon-taping the air nozzle will make your gun blow chunks. :a-grin: