The JG G36C is a great starter gun. Looks nice, handles well, preforms fine, and disassembles easily. Parts are also common in case you want to upgrade or something breaks. You can get it for $135 shipped off Airsoft GI (less if you use a coupon code).

The JG G36C is a great starter gun. Looks nice, handles well, preforms fine, and disassembles easily. Parts are also common in case you want to upgrade or something breaks. You can get it for $135 shipped off Airsoft GI (less if you use a coupon code).

Can I use crosman bbs with the jg G36C or will those break the gun

Firstly this would be considered a "which gun" thread, which is not allowed in this section. To answer your other question I would also recommend the JG G36C. The internal parts are very solid and will likely last you a long time. If I were you I'd go for some other BB's, since low quality ones are likely to :a-censored: things up.

I'd recommend not using Crosman BBs and getting a bag of quality .25g ammo. G&G, Goldenball, and Bioshot BBs are all great.

Firstly this would be considered a "which gun" thread, which is not allowed in this section. To answer your other question I would also recommend the JG G36C. The internal parts are very solid and will likely last you a long time. If I were you I'd go for some other BB's, since low quality ones are likely to :a-censored: things up.

This is not a "which gun" thread, seeing as the OP said he was considering an MP5-J or a Crosman Pulse R76. He also gave us an FPS and price range.

Edited by Cardboard Box

I started with walmart, but if you're going anywhere other than your back yard, I would go an online retailer, or a local retailer that is dedicated to airsoft. Crosman BB's probably will not shatter in your gun, but they will when they hit your target or something near your target. BBs should deform, not shatter. Since you are looking toward mp5s, go the JG or Echo1 MP5/AK74 route, or if you have a money tree, a Tokyo Marui MP5-J or G&G CRW.

Also, crosman BBs fly wildly because of air bubbles, and they jam in any barrel less than 6.08mm inner diameter.

Edited by Heath

I'm just starting airsoft with my friends and need some good guns that have at least 350 fps and is less than 140$ I was thinking about the m5-j or crosman pulse R76 full metal.Please give me some suggestions!!!!!!

If I were you I would jump on this http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=32676, G&G makes good guns and lets face it that tan is sexy. $140 but it you buy it before the 4th its 20% on evike (a great retailer), so thats $112, they normally offer free shipping over $100 but I don't know if theyll combine that with the 20% off, either way its a steal.

If I were you I would jump on this http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=32676, G&G makes good guns and lets face it that tan is sexy. $140 but it you buy it before the 4th its 20% on evike (a great retailer), so thats $112, they normally offer free shipping over $100 but I don't know if theyll combine that with the 20% off, either way its a steal.

That is a great gun. However with a battery, charger, BB's, It will come out to 180. If he absolutely has to stay below 140 he cant buy it. Great suggestion though. I know many people who have bought them and have yet to see one break.

The CYMA Thompson is also an okay starter gun, but it's a little out of your budget and it's somewhat difficult to shoulder if you have short arms. The CYMA M14 wouldn't be a bad choice as well, but it's not as easy to disassemble and work on as the G36 or Thompson.

That is a great gun. However with a battery, charger, BB's, It will come out to 180. If he absolutely has to stay below 140 he cant buy it. Great suggestion though. I know many people who have bought them and have yet to see one break.

Ah true I didnt think about that. I would still reccomend buying from Evike or AirsoftGi sometime this week as they are both have great holiday sales.

I second the JG G36c I have one and after a few upgrades shoots like a beast but IMO if you have med-long arms get the JG G36k the extra barell length makes all the difference in the world I wish I would have gotten one instead but I am still completely satisfied with my G36c, oh I would suggest getting the M4 magwell conversion when you get the money G36 mags are more pricy and are way to large for most standard pouches.

I second the JG G36c I have one and after a few upgrades shoots like a beast but IMO if you have med-long arms get the JG G36k the extra barell length makes all the difference in the world I wish I would have gotten one instead but I am still completely satisfied with my G36c, oh I would suggest getting the M4 magwell conversion when you get the money G36 mags are more pricy and are way to large for most standard pouches.

The trouble with the STANAG magwell conversion is that it doesn't work without modification for the new JG/E1 G36-family guns due to the one-piece hop up chamber. I haven't tried using the conversion magwell with my gun, so I don't know how simple or difficult it'd be to get working. In theory, you might be able to cut off the tube at the top of the magazine well and it might work. No promises, though.