Sign in to follow this  
nbcaznmaster

Bar10 slam firing

Bar 10 slam fires with my original cylinder. This never occurred with my teflon one. It only slam fires when I push forward. Only occurs when I have to push forward really hard to restore piston. Does to much friction cause slam firing when your forward pushing? How do I fix this? Also, it seems harder to :censored2: AFTER I polished my cylinder.

1) What brand of piston are you using?

2) What brand of piston/trigger sear are you using?

3) Did you lube your cylinder?

4) Any CLOSE UP (use macro function) pictures of your trigger sear's sides, piston sear, spring guide stopper?

5) What spring are you using?

6) Is your spring guide stopper in place and unbroken?

Most likely a hairline fracture in the middle of your trigger sear near the pin that supports the piston sear.

This is what happened to mine.

crackedsear.th.png

Edited by Heath

1. JG

2. JG (basically stock)

3. I only did lube by oring. Do I need lube for the hole cylinder? Isn't that bad for accuracy?

4. Nope, but I don't think the sears are the issue since it fires fine when I had a Teflon cylinder.

5. Stock spring

6. Yes

I don't see any fractures on trigger mech.

Edited by nbcaznmaster

1. JG

2. JG (basically stock)

3. I only did lube by oring. Do I need lube for the hole cylinder? Isn't that bad for accuracy?

4. Nope, but I don't think the sears are the issue since it fires fine when I had a Teflon cylinder.

5. Stock spring

6. Yes

I don't see any fractures on trigger mech.

Okay, 1 shouldn't be causing the problem.

2: by "basically" stock, does that mean you upgraded one or both of the sears? I'm going to assume they are both JG.

3: yes it is, it can cause friction and loss of compression, possibly a lockup, or o-ring tear. Lube your entire cylinder on the inside lightly with silicone grease. Just take a penny size dab and rub it all throughout the cylinder with your finger or a long swab or something. Also, have you lubed the piston sear and the trigger sear with grease? Lube every moving part on the surfaces that touch. very lightly is all it takes. Have you put the Teflon cylinder back in to check if it works or slams after this incident occurred with the stock cylinder?

5: Stock spring means it's not jumbling up causing a lockup, that's good.

6: is good. so worry about 3. Let me know how that works out.

Edited by Heath

Yeah, JG BAR-10s have the 1st sear as a common thing that breaks. Just replaced one from a friends rifle literally a few hours ago. The main problem isn't that they're made of pot metal (because the TM VSR-10 uses pot metal too) but because the stock spring JG puts in them are too strong. They only chrono 350 or so because of the air brake on their piston heads. Cut off the air break and you'd find the spring to crank more than 420fps. A stock JG BAR-10 will last you stock if you cut off the air brake and change the spring to a weaker one to yield 300-350 fps. Or get a new sear. Deep Fire makes a set (comes with 1st and 2nd sears) made of stainless steel, and not too pricey either.