Mysterysandwich

Using 3M Respirators for face protection

Hey guys, I thought the 3M half-face resipirator/gas masks look really nice, so I was wondering what you guys thought of someone using one of those and a pair of tan FlakJak goggles for face protection.

Of course I'd paint some parts of the respirator tan to match the goggles.

(Although the only dilemma is that I can see the mask breaking as I get shot with BB's)

52P71.jpg

It's a great idea in theory, but you have to take into account the filters slowing down your gulps of air. It's hard to breath with those on.

Agreed. The filters make it really difficult to breath in those. I have one (that doesnt get used) thats not a 3m but same idea and its just a hassle and annoying to breathe in. lol

Gordon

One other thing to consider with those, since the mask is rubber and creates a seal around your face, it gets hella sweaty after a while. I use one a lot for when I'm painting or sanding something, and after an hour or so it can get uncomfortable. They also tend to leave a red outline around your face if you wear it too long lol. I agree they look pretty cool though.