I'm looking through manufacturer's MP5's and what I have to come to gather is that ICS and G&G seem to be the leaders.

However, these guns seem to be out of stock everywhere...

I was on a hiatus from airsoft but have obviously since returned, and I'm curious what the deal is.

I remember contemplating shelling out 170 for a G&G plastica MP5, but now that I'm looking back into it, all they have are the annoying blowback models licensed by Umarex, and the ICS MP5's are out of stock all over the place aside from Airsplat and Amazon...

So I guess what I'm asking is, between the two, what is better for a no maintenance, high quality, CQB shooter? As well as, wtf is up with Out of Stock everywhere?

Also, I prefer the MP5 A4 model, or any model that can fit a 9.6v nunchuck.

Any and all help appreciated,

-Santa

The guy I bought my Mp5 from told me that the ICS may not look as nice as the G&G but it performs better. I say go with the ICS.

You can find one here: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=33104

Also this is the battery I use, its a nice snug fit in the stock http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=29054

If you use that battery however you will need a large to small tamiya converter. These can be found for a few dollars.

I agree with ashtonn27. anything bad that you have heard about CYMA is related to the old CYMA according to everything I have read about them. everything I read about recently manufactured models is that they have stepped up their game and started using better materials and better craftsmanship, not to mention that the performance is going to be as good, if not better than, somthing like a TM (since its a clone of a TM anyway). best of all, you get a full metal gun for the price of a high end plastic model, and from what ive read, they no longer use the cheap "pot metal" that is structurally weak. check out AMS, they have a variety of Mp5 style weapons for a pretty good price. I just put my order in today, so when I get it, ill let everyone know just how good it really is.

I'm looking through manufacturer's MP5's and what I have to come to gather is that ICS and G&G seem to be the leaders.

However, these guns seem to be out of stock everywhere...

I was on a hiatus from airsoft but have obviously since returned, and I'm curious what the deal is.

I remember contemplating shelling out 170 for a G&G plastica MP5, but now that I'm looking back into it, all they have are the annoying blowback models licensed by Umarex, and the ICS MP5's are out of stock all over the place aside from Airsplat and Amazon...

So I guess what I'm asking is, between the two, what is better for a no maintenance, high quality, CQB shooter? As well as, wtf is up with Out of Stock everywhere?

Also, I prefer the MP5 A4 model, or any model that can fit a 9.6v nunchuck.

Any and all help appreciated,

-Santa

I'd suggest against the G&G plastica, I had one and the internals are very sub-par, as well as being somewhat proprietary.

The wiring switch, selector plate, selector cam, and selector switch. The gears aren't nearly as good as JG or any aftermarket gears, the compression was AWFUL, and I'm not a fan of the bushings.

+ 1

Cylinder, blowback system, gearbox reinforcement plate, gearbox is taken apart backwards (Screws are on the other side), hop-up chamber, etc.

Not to mention that the gearbox reinforcement plate is a pain to take off. (Sometimes requires a vise, hammer, and punch)

The blowback also doesn't work when you stick a spring that is too hard in it.

I'd recommend either the Cyma or the Echo 1 MP5s, they work great and have a really solid feel as opposed to the G&G plastica series.

The Echo 1 SD series has a blowback system that is far superior to the G&G one if you're interested in having that function.

I have an Echo TFB MP5SD6 and it performs amazing. Very solid gun and it fits a 9.6v nunchuk in the hand guard. The blowback is a nice feature and the ROF is decent. Alot of people that I have let fire it have gone out and bought one. The only negative is that it came shooting hot out of the box. With hop dialed in for .20's, it consistantly shoots over 400 fps. With the hop all the way on, it is between 398-405 and with the hop off, around 435fps. That could be a pro for you, but for me it is above most field limits where I live.

I have an Echo TFB MP5SD6 and it performs amazing. Very solid gun and it fits a 9.6v nunchuk in the hand guard. The blowback is a nice feature and the ROF is decent. Alot of people that I have let fire it have gone out and bought one. The only negative is that it came shooting hot out of the box. With hop dialed in for .20's, it consistantly shoots over 400 fps. With the hop all the way on, it is between 398-405 and with the hop off, around 435fps. That could be a pro for you, but for me it is above most field limits where I live.

I have the same gun as you. It is an outstanding gun, I total recommend