to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share
Sign in to follow this  
socosniper

echo1 m28 accuracy issues

Hello, I have an echo1 m28 sniper rifle and I have been having significant inconsistency with where the shots are going. Shots have been going either way off to the left or right and its really making the gun useless as a sniper since I can't produce a consistent shot. does anyone know what is causing this and how it may be resolved. I was also wondering what other brands are compatible with the m28 because I would like to replace the hop-up bucking at the least and if possible the whole assembly to make it function more effectively.

Socosniper,

While I am by no means an expert on the subject I have been able to pick up a few things from reading the forums here.

First, check your inner barrel to make sure it is evenly supported in the outter barrel so it does not flex and wobble as the BB travels down it's length. You may need to space them more evenly and have to add additional support.

Second, what weight BB are you using? This makes a significant difference in your accuracy as well as range. The heavier the BB the better your accuracy because the forces of nature have less effect on them (except gravity). Don't go too heavy though because at some point your range will fall off dramatically without an upgraded spring and other internals needed for a more powerful spring.

Third, adjust your hop-up to give you the most consistant flight path possible.

Finally, sight the gun in correctly and make sure your scope rings are seated properly and don't wobble from side to side.

There are a lot more knowledgable people out there and loads of threads on upgrades for the M28 I am sure. Use the search function and read them all.

If anyone can help with more and\or better information, please add your thoughts! :a-salute:

Hello, I have an echo1 m28 sniper rifle and I have been having significant inconsistency with where the shots are going. Shots have been going either way off to the left or right and its really making the gun useless as a sniper since I can't produce a consistent shot. does anyone know what is causing this and how it may be resolved. I was also wondering what other brands are compatible with the m28 because I would like to replace the hop-up bucking at the least and if possible the whole assembly to make it function more effectively.

Question, what are the size and weight of the BBs that you are using.

By far the most likely reason is that your bucking is either not sitting correctly on the barrel or is torn. You need to go into the hop-up and check everything. It's also possible that the hop-up arm could need shimming. The barrel already has spacers and that is very probably *not* the problem. Also just clean your inner barrel while you're at it.

The hop-up chamber is unique to the M28 although it is very similar to the VSR-10. But the '10 is not a drop-in replacement.

My top recommendation is to join Arnie's forum and find the thread on the M28 by DRAGON64. This will tell you everything you need and more.

I've cleaned the barrel before. I'm using 6mm .28g bbs. As for barrel support, the gun came with three spacers, should I add more to the barrel to stabilize it further. As for adjusting sights, I couldn't adjust them because it wasn't consistently going to the left or right, it would alternate randomly.

as for threads on the m28, so far I haven't been able to find one that deals with the problem I'm trying to fix.

I'm not sure how heavy of a bb to use or which brand is good, I've heard that KSC bb's are good quality so I intended to try them out.

Any suggestions on what weight bb to use would be appreciated.

Edited by socosniper

I've cleaned the barrel before. I'm using 6mm .28g bbs. As for barrel support, the gun came with three spacers, should I add more to the barrel to stabilize it further. As for adjusting sites, I couldn't adjust them because it wasn't consistently going to the left or right, it would alternate randomly.

as for threads on the m28, so far I haven't been able to find one that deals with the problem I'm trying to fix.

I'm not sure how heavy of a bb to use or which brand is good, I've heard that KSC bb's are good quality so I intended to try them out.

1st, it's SIGHT not site....

2nd, AGAIN, what brand of BB are you using.

3rd, .28 might be too light, try .36 or even .4

The gun shoots 500+fps stock.

I use .28 in guns shooting from 280~360 outdoor.

Edited by EDI 1st

I've cleaned the barrel before. I'm using 6mm .28g bbs. As for barrel support, the gun came with three spacers, should I add more to the barrel to stabilize it further. As for adjusting sights, I couldn't adjust them because it wasn't consistently going to the left or right, it would alternate randomly.

I gave you everything you needed to deal with this problem in my first post.

In addition: the issue of barrel spacers is a red herring.

The issue of brand and weight off bbs will help, but is not the fundamental problem. Likewise, the cleanliness of the inside of your inner barrel, and the make and internal dimension of your barrel, will help, but again this is not the fundamental problem.

Shooting way left and right is 98 times out of 100 a hop-up / bucking / nub problem.

You can throw money at the problem, buy new parts, etc. etc., but more than likely if you fix it, it'll be because you disassembled and reassembled the gun to install the new parts, not the new parts themselves.

Here is the thread you need. It describes the innards of the M28 hop-up in detail, and its shortcomings. You need to be a member of Arnies (5 seconds to join) to view it.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p;#entry2407379

Good luck.

BTW, I'm a pretty contented M28 owner.

Idez, I'd say probably 35 to 45 yards.

Verisimilitude, I've taken it apart several times in order to get it to feed reliably. I may have done something to it when I disassembled it but I honestly don't know, also thank you for posting the link it has been very helpful in trying to figure out the problem

Verisimilitude, I've taken it apart several times in order to get it to feed reliably. I may have done something to it when I disassembled it but I honestly don't know, also thank you for posting the link it has been very helpful in trying to figure out the problem

My guess is your hop-up arm needs shimming. You'll see DRAGON64 took donor parts from another gun to make his hop-up work better.

BTW, he also has several videos up on youtube: just search DRAGON64. I think he takes the hop-up apart in one of them, if I remember correctly.