Sign in to follow this  
LazyLama

L96 Clones with Metal Trigger Assembly

First of all, yes, I had used the search button numerous times, but the results doesn't seem to be satisfying.

I've been doing some research lately on L96 clones and found out that the only L96 clones that has a metal trigger assembly are the TSD SD97 and Well MB08. I would like to hear something about them in this forum for the sake of those who want a stock L96 clone that will last for a considerable amount of time before spending about $200 on a new Laylax metal trigger assembly. So here's what I think:

Well MB08 > Well MB01 - I have read reviews saying that the stock feels much better on the MB08. The MB01 is said to feel a bit toyish or plastic Professional or somethin..

- The MB08 is said to have a metal trigger assembly once you get it

- I have read some issues with the MB08 having problems with barrel spacers and a non-tapered barrel, but I'm guessing these could be fixed with a few $$..

- The MB08 has a folding stock (It seems a bit ridiculous to me, but it's ok as long as it doesn't wobble.)

So, I would like to hear some opinion/s on both of these rifles. I think the only reason you should get an MB08 over an MB01 is because it has a metal trigger box and a better feel on the stock, but I maybe wrong here because I haven't even touched one myself. (All of these are based on reviews on the internet which may possibly be total BS . So, please..)

TSD SD97 > or < MB08? - Haven't read much about the TSD SD97. It is said that it comes with a metal trigger assembly like the MB08.

UTG MK96 - If you can get a clone L96 with a metal trigger assembly already in it then why choose this?

We all know that any of the these 4 clones will have the same performance when it's fully upgraded, yes indeed. Ever heard of a story where one guy got his plastic trigger box exploded just after using it for a few weeks and, unfortunately, doesn't have 200$ to buy a Laylax metal trigger box and sells it the next day? I know I did, in fact, a lot of times. So..

Opinions, Suggestions, Good/Bad experiences, etc.. would be appreciated ALOT.

If I have said anything stupid or wrong here please.. don't flame, I know I wouldn't. I'm trying my best to be resourceful. Thanks.

Here you go. I just ordered mine this morning.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Metal_Trigge...per_Rifles/3391

I believe it is a new product as I've been looking for a metal trigger box for almost a year and just recently found this.

Thank you very much for your support. It's official. "Well" does make metal triggers.

King Arms, Angel, PDI, Action Army, K2, and even UTG themselves make metal units for cheaper than $200. I just wanted to point that out.

Back when I had a Maruzen, (proof of which is on these forums, back in '06 and '07), I bought a King Arms trigger unit and it shot amazingly well, $99 now just like it was then.